Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family forced to squat in house....

• 24-06-2019 8:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

So, another day another article in the independent about a "desperate homeless family" reduced to illegally occupying a house, this time in county Meath.

"Pregnant Melissa Wilde (21), her partner Patrick Bernard Hand (26), and their children 20-month-old Cyra and three-month-old Levi are squatting in the vacant council property in the Windtown estate in Navan, Co Meath.

The couple have been there for several days, saying they were unable to find anywhere to live. But they have been ordered to attend the circuit court within 21 days if they don't surrender the property. Meath County Council is seeking to repossess the house."

21 years old, two children and another on the way, wants to live close to mammy. Sure god love her.

I'm sure daddy must be out working very very hard in order for them to save for their own mortgage....

Another sob story to get bumped up the housing list, why do these "journalists" not ask them about employment, education, savings, both look young, fit and able to work?!

I'm sure they will be housed on the QT in a nice big 4 bed house beside their mammies.

Link to story;

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/weve-nowhere-else-to-go-desperate-family-squatting-in-empty-council-house-faces-court-38246224.html

Mod Note:

Threadbanned Users:
    • dermo888

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Looks like more travellers trying to game the system. And why wouldn't they. Sure it worked for Ms Cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Meanwhile we're living in extremely run down house we bought 30km from where we wanted. Doing a job a week from our wages... difficult but will be worth it .

Spent five years saving and persuading bank to give us a mortgage.

No kids, no pets, no holidays etc etc

Sometimes I'm sorry we bought in Ireland when I read this ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Fair play to them.

• Where were they living until now?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Cyra and levi.

They should be struck of the list for that travesty alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

The couple have been there for several days, saying they were unable to find anywhere to live. But they have been ordered to attend the circuit court within 21 days if they don't surrender the property. Meath County Council is seeking to repossess the house."

Is this the same councils who are advising tenants to overstay in privately rented houses and forcing owners to jump through hoops to regain possession of their own properties?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭magic_murph

So, another day another article in the independent about a "desperate homeless family" reduced to illegally occupying a house, this time in county Meath.

"Pregnant Melissa Wilde (21), her partner Patrick Bernard Hand (26), and their children 20-month-old Cyra and three-month-old Levi are squatting in the vacant council property in the Windtown estate in Navan, Co Meath.

Hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

I'm going to follow this story closely so find out what they name the next child...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Imagine prioritising a house a long way from where you want to live over having children.

Sure it's grand old mammy Erin will pay for the IVF.
    ArtyC wrote: »
    Meanwhile we're living in extremely run down house we bought 30km from where we wanted. Doing a job a week from our wages... difficult but will be worth it .

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

Where were they living until now?

doesn't say, article in the Meath Chronicle also forgot to ask that question...

https://www.meathchronicle.ie/news/roundup/articles/2019/06/13/4175532-homeless-couple-move-into-vacant-council-house/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Not a single days work done in their lives and not a single gram of **** given by either of them. Sure someone else will pay. Boils my piss

I admire people like this. They see our political and establishment classes gaming the system and they do likewise. Monkey see, monkey do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

I admire people like this. They see our political and establishment classes gaming the system and they do likewise. Monkey see, monkey do.
    yeah they are 100% right

• Registered Users Posts: 33,385 ✭✭✭✭listermint

ArtyC wrote: »

On the flip side would you have it any other way?

I wouldn't live like these pair. That's no defence of them whatsoever I might add. But I wouldn't which is why I worked for my own property in an area we chose in a house we have put our own stamp on and continue to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Hopefully the judge orders their prompt removal and the person next on the list, who presumably played by the rules, gets the house without too much further delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

children = income and leverage

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭oLoonatic

While i agree with the sentiment of this thread, Isnt there a dedicated one somewhere. No need to keep posting these or else its just as bad as the journalists you give out about.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

amcalester wrote: »
    Hopefully the judge orders their prompt removal and the person next on the list, who presumably played by the rules, gets the house without too much further delay.

One can hope, reality says different. They will eventually be housed in the area THEY want for fear of discrimination by the council.

I wonder how they have so much time to be riding, as I mentioned long trips back and forth to the council etc.. but can't seem to fit in a trip to the jobs club..

Boggles the mind, their kids will do the exact same when they get pregnant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

retalivity wrote: »
    Cyra and levi.

They should be struck of the list for that travesty alone.

Thought i was in the shît kids' names thread

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

forced to squat? is the ceiling really low or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

children = income and leverage

Speaking of, I wonder how Margaret Cash is getting on in her new home? Haven't kept up with her since her AH thread was killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Tusla need to step in where they see that ‘parents’ aren’t capable of caring for children. It would stop people like this, and the likes of Cash, from gaming the system.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Tusla need to step in where they see that ‘parents’ aren’t capable of caring for children. It would stop people like this, and the likes of Cash, from gaming the system.

Bailey also. Can't have fraudsters having kids either, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Much in the same way you need a minimum deposit to buy a house, there should be a minimum deposit/savings before having a child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Much in the same way you need a minimum deposit to buy a house, there should be a minimum deposit/savings before having a child.

Are you talking about forced abortions? If not, what happens when baby arrives and they don't have the deposit/savings?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

In an ideal world. But I don't think the state has the resources to manage such a massive scale care programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Speaking of, I wonder how Margaret Cash is getting on in her new home? Haven't kept up with her since her AH thread was killed.

Bought a marble fireplace - refusing to pay any rent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

On the housing list 3 years.
    2 kids under 20 months.

Fcuk off

• listermint wrote: »
    On the flip side would you have it any other way?

I wouldn't live like these pair. That's no defence of them whatsoever I might add. But I wouldn't which is why I worked for my own property in an area we chose in a house we have put our own stamp on and continue to do so.

yeah

id have the opportunity to buy in a decent area close to dublin not surrounded by people that have never worked and are in fact responsible for more than their fair share of making the areas i could aspire to buy in a total misery.

thats one way id like to have it

working class neighbourhoods for an actual working class. if you arent paying, theres a flat at the end of the red line somewhere being built for ya, be ready sometime in 2025

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Berserker wrote: »
    Are you talking about forced abortions? If not, what happens when baby arrives and they don't have the deposit/savings?

We have to look to the Chinese for what they did during their one child policy.
    Great bunch of lads.

Advertisement