Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do you blame him or not, MP manhandles woman protester

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Hurrache wrote: »
    LOL, peak Maude Flaunders now, THEY COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED!

I'm just trying to point out, as someone with some understanding of these matters, in response to another poster who said something about the woman being armed, that tackling a blade like the man in the video tackled that woman is extremely dangerous and stupid.

He should’ve tried to get her out verbally but realistically what he did was no rougher than what you’d see 5 times a night in any nightclub ejection. People are upset because it was a woman (they’ll say otherwise but that’s why). It’s a non issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Stop taking the blue pills, vibes. They’re not working for ya.

You are not really making a point here.

But i would like to say something about your tone.
    I would appreciate it if you could be at least civil.

We can express ourselves without getting heated or rude.

If you were to be so. You would find i would be more than reciprocative.

I am sure you would enjoy talking to me much more in that way too.

This is just the way i like to treat people and it's the way i like to be treated in return.

:)

So... Just not to misrepresent you, there should be different rights for men and women?

Ok

GreeBo wrote: »
    Your throat is on the back of your neck?

I'd get that seen to ASAP.

Yes ...insofar as you can wrap your fingers around from the back of a woman's neck as I see him do in the video.

• Advertisement

So... Just not to misrepresent you, there should be different rights for men and women?

Ok

Probably Yes...from my point of view at least. :) .

I doubt very many women agree with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭ec18

he could have stood up and blocked her way but there is no justification for the physical contact he made

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

We should be discussing the CO2 emissions she generated on her trip from Wales to London and return trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

We need more people like him to be honest....

To many getting away with everything because the others are afraid to do what's right....

He didn't hurt her and didn't grab her by the throat.... He did however hold the back of her neck to guide her out....

If he punched her for example then that would be an issue but I see absolutely no issues with stopping her...

Glad someone has good eyesight, he didn't grab her by the throat

ec18 wrote: »
    he could have stood up and blocked her way but there is no justification for the physical contact he made

That is probably all security would have done.

• Advertisement

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Glad someone has good eyesight, he didn't grab her by the throat

His fingers were wrapped around her throat from behind.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    We should be discussing the CO2 emissions she generated on her trip from Wales to London and return trip.
    That's actually funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,943 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I don't see much wrong.

seamus wrote: »
    "What if she had a knife?"

She didn't FFS. What if she was carrying acid in her tits to spray on someone? What if, what if, what if.

If she was armed, he wouldn't have tried to stop her. This is some pompous prick, irritated that his pompous event is being interrupted by some pesky crusty types, thinking that he has the right to throw them out for being so rude.

A cut and dried demonstration of what privileged people do because they think they're entitled to.

As an assault, it's pretty low down there, he didn't exactly wrestle her. But that doesn't make it OK.

My mum, sisters and my brother worked many functions at that venue. I’m glad someone stopped a possible threat.

I think people forget that you are always on a heightened state of alert in London. Wish it wasn’t so but it is. Maybe she just wanted to shout when she got to the top table but she also knew that she might be stopped from doing so by whatever means.

That MP acted as I would have hoped if any of my family were in the building at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

He's certainly the one in the wrong here. He shouldn't have laid a finger on her at all.

The guy who threw a milkshake at Nigel Farrage got community service!

Jo Brand was investigated by police for telling a joke about acid.

This guy just assaulted a woman. SHE DIDNT EVEN HAVE A MILKSHAKE

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

The guy who threw a milkshake at Nigel Farrage got community service!

Jo Brand was investigated by police for telling a joke about acid.

This guy just assaulted a woman. SHE DIDNT EVEN HAVE A MILKSHAKE

That's for the met police to decide not you.

It reminds me of a domestic violence scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,764 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

joe40 wrote: »
    He wasn't employed as security, he had no right to do it.

He may not have been employed as security but his actions may have been proportionate to a perceived threat. The woman wasn’t there NOT to cause trouble.

If I’m out in a pub tonight with friends and a female is perceived to attack one of us sitting beside me, should I stand back and await the consequences, await the Gardai... I don’t think so, my hand would be too wrapped around that persons throat and she on the ground, threat having been neutralized, each of us safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,146 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

It's amazing how all the other men there managed to handle this so much better and realise the women protesting weren't about to set off a dirty bomb.

Maybe the hero of the night to many here knew better and jumped into action to save the world.

Most likely it was just because he's a prick though.

https://twitter.com/AdamWagner1/status/1141982893134286848?s=19

• Advertisement

Boxing.Fan wrote: »
    That's for the met police to decide not you.

You could say that to anyone in this thread.

I hope she presses charges.

Hurrache wrote: »
    It's amazing how all the other men there managed to handle this so much better and realise the women protesting weren't about to set off a dirty bomb.

Maybe the hero of the night to many here knew better and jumped into action to save the world.

Most likely it was just because he's a prick though.

https://twitter.com/AdamWagner1/status/1141982893134286848?s=19

Exactly he did because he is just a bad person.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

You could say that to anyone in this thread.

I hope she presses charges.

Well I'm saying it to you because you are spamming the thread with nonsense. Take a break for a while.

ec18 wrote: »

Like so many other normal people did in the video.
    My mum, sisters and my brother worked many functions at that venue. I’m glad someone stopped a possible threat.

I think people forget that you are always on a heightened state of alert in London. Wish it wasn’t so but it is. Maybe she just wanted to shout when she got to the top table but she also knew that she might be stopped from doing so by whatever means.

That MP acted as I would have hoped if any of my family were in the building at the time.

Look at the longer video, it was obvious from the outset, before she got near where he leapt into action to save the day, there was no threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,943 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

His fingers were wrapped around her throat from behind.

I am trying to visualise this, and I think thats physically impossible to do, unless her neck is very thin.

try it yourself now. Wrap your hand around the back of your neck. Can you wrap your fingers around your throat?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Lux23 wrote: »
    Of course I blame him. Who else would you blame?

Fine Gael

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Tails142 wrote: »
    Watched the video, thought it looked ok. Nothing a bouncer wouldn't do on a typical Saturday night. Barge into a room with sirens blaring what do they expect?

He wasn't a bouncer, and I don't agree that is what a bouncer would do in the first instance, if it escalated yes, but they would be hands off initially.

I think this is a learning opportunity for people to realize why victims of domestic assault do not leave.

It's always justified and totally normalized to assault women in this society.

Strumms wrote: »
    He may not have been employed as security but his actions may have been proportionate to a perceived threat. The woman wasn’t there NOT to cause trouble.

If I’m out in a pub tonight with friends and a female is perceived to attack one of us sitting beside me, should I stand back and await the consequences, await the Gardai... I don’t think so, my hand would be too wrapped around that persons throat and she on the ground, threat having been neutralized, each of us safe.

Another poster who gets scared if a person walks by them. You need to stay indoors.

• Advertisement

Boxing.Fan wrote: »
    Well I'm saying it to you because you are spamming the thread with nonsense. Take a break for a while.

New account??
    You are very welcome to the forum boxing fan.

I am sure you will realize in other threads I am a lovely person. And i am certain i will realize the same about you.

I look forward to getting to know you. :)

There isn't a need to back seat mod me though.

Welcome again. :)

Advertisement