Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any addictions?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Charity shops are how I ended up with too many books.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Sugar free red bull. And i hate the normal stuff. Week night drinking. Havnt been to a pub or had a drink at the weekend in ages. But i love my mid week tinnys/bottles

• Registered Users Posts: 24,769 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Yeah the midweek pint is awesome, everyone from staff to punters more relaxed, you don’t have that scrum for seats, elbow wars at the bar or roaring conversations to beat the decibels that go nowhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Pretty Polky

Sex

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

Addictions to certain things can be subtle but it's when our addiction makes life unmanageable that it becomes a pressing issue.
    I've had addictions to cannabis, cocaine, alcohol and cigarettes. I successfully sought help for all of them after admitting I couldn't beat any of them on my own.
    However, I have an awareness that I can't safely have one of any of those substances

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,780 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Well I'm glad one person mentioned masturbating or I'd put you all down as addicted to lying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Sex

Like sex in general or specific sex? M/F, F/M , MMF, FFM, MFM, FMF, M, F, Anal, Oral, Aural, etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

I spent the entire day yesterday in the dojo training judo. I just kept grappling and flipping other guys over. Until I was so wrecked that I couldn't anymore. But that wasn't enough.

I then started coaching other people on how to flip each other over. Continuing to feed my habit. But then the dojo closed.

Desperate for another fix I started to watch YouTube compilation videos of lads flipping each over and over and over. But then my wife told me to go to bed.

Then I did something dangerous and combined two of my addictions together and started reading books about judo. I read until the sun came up.

I need help.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Thought you were going to flip the wife over there for a min

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I am addicted to Crosswords, it really got bad when I used to engage in Crossword racing- I’d walk along the train until I saw someone with the crossword page open in The Irish Times, I would sit beside them and race them to finish Cryptic & Simplex. They were usually unaware that they were in a race.

I gave up in this practice in 2010 when Crosaire died but I can still be found daily on the train home with The Times Cryptic, these days there aren’t as many people doing crosswords and I don’t ever finish it anyways so have it under control!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

I am addicted to Crosswords, it really got bad when I used to engage in Crossword racing- I’d walk along the train until I saw someone with the crossword page open in The Irish Times, I would sit beside them and race them to finish Cryptic & Simplex. They were usually unaware that they were in a race.

I gave up in this practice in 2010 when Crosaire died but I can still be found daily on the train home with The Times Cryptic, these days there aren’t as many people doing crosswords and I don’t ever finish it anyways so have it under control!

Croisaire is like trying to break the bleeding Enigma machine!

Love the simplex tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Smelling my fingers after scratching my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Domino's pizza

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Star Trek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Infonovice

Infonovice wrote: »
    I'd say tea for me.

I drink a good few cups a day. If i'm thirsty I'll make tea. if i've a job to do, i'll make a cup of tea before I start.
    sometimes I feel sick from drinking so much, and yet i'll still go and drink more.
    it really annoys me. I've tried not buying tea bags when I run out, but it doesn't last long and then i'll go drink a stupid amount, so it's not worth it:D

I don't even think I like the taste of tea!
    it's more about having a hot drink

Well I just got up there to fill the kettle to make a hot water bottle.

I filled it to one cup level, got a cup from the press, and got a spoon from the drawer!
    I think that shows I've got a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Domino's pizza

Meat feast with double decadence crust. Yum

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Meat feast with double decadence crust. Yum

Nothing like a vegan free pizza with the extra bits

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

branie2 wrote: »
    Star Trek
    Do you mean the old good series ? or the new BS discovery ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Judo I need some facking judo

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mea_k

Finding old and interesting photos of 70s 80s 90s taken In Eastern Europe. Sometimes I can spend hours just looking at these.
    I also used to like going for a walk in graveyards and reading gravestones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 esme95

Just diet coke and coffee. Get really narky without my coffee, feel bad for the people around me. :o If I don't have diet coke for a while I start to get intense cravings for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Not sure if it counts as addiction but with kickboxing I wrecked the ligaments in my right hand, doc said it would just need months of rest but I couldn't resist training and hitting stuff.

Same sort of endorphins and pleasure zones a smoker probably gets from smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

M and M’s, jagermeister and pro evolution

Advertisement