Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭wally79

Am I the only one who can’t see any of 1800_lads posts

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 24,950 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

wally79 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who can’t see any of 1800_lads posts

The few I checked were from 9gag. Can you see their images on their site direct?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

New Home wrote: »
    you can safely use one of those.

xvE9dmi.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,610 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Victor wrote: »
    It was a light-hearted prank / giggle. It can be changed back.

Please do this for the craic. :D The prank can be that anyone reading the chat thread won't have a clue we went in a full circle. Lolz.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭wally79

Spear wrote: »
    The few I checked were from 9gag. Can you see their images on their site direct?

Yeah I can

• Advertisement

• Pen logo, reminds me of this.

o-XTQEP9Z-570.jpg?4

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

What is the funny in these?
    4608_c6c3_800.jpeg
    4608_c6c3_800.jpeg

I may be a bit dopey this morning

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

I think the joke is that the parcel got robbed off the doorstep because the passer-by thought there was something valuable in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Does anyone know why there's so many Google vs Bing memes popping up lately? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

So Lunch I forgot to Vegan

Time to unsubscribe, jokes I can get, although sometimes they need explaining, but childishness I'll leave to the little kiddies.

• Advertisement

Seems a weird overreaction to a thread title changing tbh, but there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Does anyone know why there's so many Google vs Bing memes popping up lately? :confused:

Bing users just found reddit?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Not sure

Google searches are more useful rather than literal ?

Oddly enough Bing used to use Google.

Really. Just lookup hiybbprqag

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

I may be a bit dopey this morning

Obviously true considering I posted the same pic twice. Here is the other one I meant to post
    7270_ff3f_500.jpeg

cdeb wrote: »
    I think the joke is that the parcel got robbed off the doorstep because the passer-by thought there was something valuable in it?

OK. I thought it was a gun shooting the box at the guy walking by :o

Why would a passerby think a home owner would leave something valuable on their doorstep?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The courier delivered when nobody was home and left it "in a safe place under the doormat"?

But yes, I also thought she was aiming at the father of the child.

I think the "scope" of the gun you're looking through is actually the little security window on the door.

Do Amazon parcels get robbed if left outside?

I don't really get it overall tbh

Not just me then. I Feel better now :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I think the "scope" of the gun you're looking through is actually the little security window on the door.

It all depends on what kind of neighbours you have... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,182 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Check youtube, happens a lot, there's a few vids where they leave surprises for them

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    It all depends on what kind of neighbours you have... :D

Would the parcel not be returned to the post office if no one was home? Up my way at least a courier or post man wouldn't leave a parcel outside. Is it not the same elsewhere?

My parcels are normally left with the retired guy next door

Would the parcel not be returned to the post office if no one was home? Up my way at least a courier or post man wouldn't leave a parcel outside. Is it not the same elsewhere?

My parcels are normally left with the retired guy next door

Here, very likely. In other countries... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,348 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

fritzelly wrote: »
    Check youtube, happens a lot, there's a few vids where they leave surprises for them

The guy that does the glitterbombs is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Here is the other one I meant to post
    Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise? No? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

xj0Md55CCw88.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

OK. I thought it was a gun shooting the box at the guy walking by :o

Why would a passerby think a home owner would leave something valuable on their doorstep?
    Never underestimate scabby opportunists. I got a lovely pair of runners in Shuh and worse them straight away. I put my old tatty pair in the box, in a Shuh bag. I was cycling and needed to go to the shopping centre. It was a miserable rainy day and I couldn't be arsed carrying it with me so I left the bag on the handlebars. I was in there 20 minutes and low and behold when I came out the bag was gone. I was only delighted because it meant I didn't have to bother getting rid of them. I would love to have seen the look on their face when they realised they robbed a stinky pair of runners only fit for the bin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Never underestimate scabby opportunists. I got a lovely pair of runners in Shuh and worse them straight away. I put my old tatty pair in the box, in a Shuh bag. I was cycling and needed to go to the shopping centre. It was a miserable rainy day and I couldn't be arsed carrying it with me so I left the bag on the handlebars. I was in there 20 minutes and low and behold when I came out the bag was gone. I was only delighted because it meant I didn't have to bother getting rid of them. I would love to have seen the look on their face when they realised they robbed a stinky pair of runners only fit for the bin :D

True, but someone who's that much of a **** would probably just chuck the shoes box and bag over a wall, or In to the river...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

4962_80a4_500.jpeg

Go on, explain (I know what elf on the shelf is).

Elf on the Shelf is just something that rhymes

Like Rino Pellino in Berlino

• Advertisement

Y5nsMbI.jpg

C4AdNiR.jpg

Zqv7p5X.jpg

Advertisement