Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TH that I'm still in bed and have nothing to do for the day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

One word PEDALO!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I gave my daughter her pocket money a short time ago.
    She just arrived back from the shop with an ice cream for me. I think I'll keep her.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I gave my daughter her pocket money a short time ago.
    She just arrived back from the shop with an ice cream for me. I think I'll keep her.

Her daddy's daughter, clearly.. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

White rolls! to brighten up the Sunday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just happy with life today. Nothing in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

White rolls! to brighten up the Sunday!

Having an Iceberger ice-cream here.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Is it mint?

New Home wrote: »
    Is it mint?

No, I have never seen a mint variety of them around.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I haven't seen them in ages, either - I remember seeing them the guts of 15 years ago or thereabouts... Ah, mint icebergers... Mmmmhhh...

I haven't seen them in ages, either - I remember seeing them the guts of 15 years ago or thereabouts... Ah, mint icebergers... Mmmmhhh...

And that wasn't today or yesterday.
    :D

Never heard of icebergers..ah well... As long as you are happy :D

Ice cream within two rectangular biscuits - mostly vanilla ice-cream, but sometimes mint, too.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Haven't they recently announced that they are changing them to a round rather that rectangle and calling the iceBurger?

Why do they have to go and ruin things, hmmm?

Haven't they recently announced that they are changing them to a round rather that rectangle and calling the iceBurger?

I may buy them all & stockpile them.

Why do they have to go & ruin a good thing.

**checks calendar to make sure it's not 1st April**

Ice cream within two rectangular biscuits - mostly vanilla ice-cream, but sometimes mint, too.

Mmmm Sounds good.. What we used to call wafers from the ice cream van; what the adults had while we kids had cornets with raspberry and later, flakes,,

Why do they have to go and ruin things, hmmm?

I knew I'd read something.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/examviral/hb-are-sure-to-divide-opinions-over-changes-to-iconic-iceberger-834947.html

Personally I never liked the fact that the biscuit was soft, rather than wafer-like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I knew I'd read something.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/examviral/hb-are-sure-to-divide-opinions-over-changes-to-iconic-iceberger-834947.html

Personally I never liked the fact that the biscuit was soft, rather than wafer-like.

They're a bit doughy

• Advertisement

Graces7 wrote: »
    Mmmm Sounds good.. What we used to call wafers from the ice cream van; what the adults had while we kids had cornets with raspberry and later, flakes,,

These aren't wafers, they're actual biscuits.

082cf411956312.56032699a0e99.jpg

These aren't wafers, they're actual biscuits.

082cf411956312.56032699a0e99.jpg

Ah I see! Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Ye're all making me hungry for ice cream now :p

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Ye're all making me hungry for ice cream now :p

Just had some in hot freshly made custard with stewed rhubarb. TH, it hit the spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Don't have to get up tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

My daughter arrived with a box of Off Beat donuts . Finger licking gorgeous ! Yum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Might do a bit of cleaning for 2 hours then am gonna make big Pot of Popcorn, not the Packets that ya microwave that smells like those awful Violet tiny sweets in the clear Wrapper from Childhood, but the Original American Cinema-smelling Poppity pop stuff. I'm gonna make a big Pot of it and choose a couple of Movies to watch for the night. Popcorn = happiness right?!? :D Sorry happyness. :p

I also want an Iceberger and I hate them. Well actually not true, the Ice-Cream in an Iceberger does taste good I do remember that from the couple of times I ever had them! But the Biscuit-Wafers whatever they are aren't that nice. I still want one now though! :rolleyes::o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Wanted a dish-washing brush, and found a pack of two for €1.50; a long one that works great on dishes, and a short one. Couldn't quite see what the short one was for, but I found that it works really well on my head, as a scalp massaging brush in the shower. Now my head has that just-brushed feeling... :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

A friend if mines daughter wants to learn the flute. I was chatting to my friend and her other half about it today, and was explaining that she would spend weeks just learning the technique of blowing, only using the top part... Friends other half collapsed into fits of giggles.
    I got to sit and watch as my friend got more and more annoyed while trying not to draw attention to it... it was hilarious! :pac: I'd say he got a fair earful after I left!!!

• Advertisement

1-year-old just waddled into me in the study where I'm on my laptop. He smiled, touched my knee and I lifted him up and we went to YouTube where I googled tigers. Every time the tiger roared he'd move his little right hand forward towards the screen like a paw grabbing at something and make the loudest little roar he could, and then he'd beam up at me in delight at his tiger roaring skills. Crazily cute. Then he waddled off again.

While I'm at it, special mention is due to the wife who heard the tv on at 5am this morning, woke me up panicking (the women's liberation movement bypassed her!) to go down and check who was in the house. Fúck: all I want is sleep. I grabbed a camán quietly from the airing room on the landing and tiptoed down the stairs. When I arrived into the sitting room the tv was definitely on and I looked a bit closer and she had managed to use Chromecast on her phone to cast Ben & Holly, which she had put on when the 3-year-old joined us in the leaba, to the downstairs tv. Fecking hell. The drama.

Still, nothing beats our trip to Killiney Hill Park earlier this week. Being a "big picture" creative type of woman I usually wouldn't trust her for nuanced reports or detailed accounts of anything (although she can zoom in on my shirt or tie quicker than Hyacinth Bucket), and certainly I wouldn't trust her near anything technological (see above) but as I was driving I let her at it. She said she'd put Killiney Hill Park into Google Maps. "There, got it", she said reassuringly, and I listened to her directions. After a while it was clear we were going the wrong way, so I pulled over and looked at the phone. We were going to Kilimanjaro - yes, that feckin' mountain in Tanzania. By car. Jesus. In absolute fairness to her, it's a bit (!) lacking in localisation of Google to have Kilimanjaro as even an option, never mind a top option, on an Irish gps system (just how many people have ever driven from Dublin to Kilimanjaro?) but after that I'm completely and utterly bereft of words!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement