Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Premier League Darts 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

My PL so far. With so many big names on the decline it's hard to predict.

MvG
    Wright
    Ando
    Gurney
    RvB
    Mensur
    Price
    Cross
    Kyle Anderson

Dimitri van den berg and Michael Smith could also be in with shout

9 above, 8 are probably sure enough, Kyle Anderson a doubt.....Taylor might decide to go another year yet after the final......choice then between Van Den Bergh n Jamie Lewis......I would give the Belgian the nod on achievments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I'll be surprised if Adrian Lewis isn't in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

mdwexford wrote: »
    I'll be surprised if Adrian Lewis isn't in there.

Would he be the lowest ranked player ever to play in it if he does? Think he needs the break anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,289 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Would he be the lowest ranked player ever to play in it if he does? Think he needs the break anyway.

Gary Anderson got in at #19 a few years ago, Lewis will be lower than that alright.

A weak case for Lewis is that he hasn't needed a wildcard for the last 6 years as been consistently T4, whilst the Barneys & Wades have got them lots of times, even Taylor and Anderson once or twice. So it would be harsh not to give him one wildcard chance now that he needs it.

The debate over the picks here is always the most interesting part of the DPL isn't it? Much more fun than the actual event :)

Could well be.

He will drop to close to 20th in the order of merit after the Worlds I think.

I know Barney was fairly low in the rankings a couple of times as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

no way jamie lewis makes it ahead of adrian

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Has mensur confirmed he will play; seeing as he declined last year on not wanting to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,755 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

all will be revealed tonight ???

line-up being announced in a few mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

F*ck off simon Whitlock

• Advertisement

MVG
    Anderson
    Wright
    Gurney
    RVB
    Suljovic
    Cross
    Price
    Smith
    Whitlock

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭kentoccfc

Smith?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,030 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Whitlock is a terrible pick.

The rest make complete sense for one reason or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,787 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Think that’s the best lineup they could of came up with. Maybe Smith is questionable. If Kirk Shepherd didn’t get in then be mad to include Jamie Lewis

Cross vs MVG in Dublin

yess

Lewis can have no complaints but I'm surprised he didn't get in.

Poor line up though.

Putting Jamie Lewis in could’ve done huge damage to his career

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

kentoccfc wrote: »
    Putting Jamie Lewis in could’ve done huge damage to his career

Exactly Lewis was no where close, Norris, Ade Lewis and Van de Bergh just to name 3 alone were miles ahead of him, Jamie had a terrible terrible year, two weeks doesnt change that.

No suprises really; all of them are in the top 13 in the world. No 8 Chizzy and no 10 Wade didn't get in; don't think either deserved it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Thought Dimitri van den bergh would get in before Smith or Whitlock.
    After the year Lewis had just the good run in the world's was never enough, unless he won it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Wonder did Adrian Lewis decline perhaps?

If he could hit any form he's so entertaining and is a well known name and face to casual fans.

Maybe he needs a break?

Healio wrote: »
    No suprises really; all of them are in the top 13 in the world. No 8 Chizzy and no 10 Wade didn't get in; don't think either deserved it anyway

they are not 8 and 10 - much lower

whitlock is only surprise but i think they were stuck for somebody

couldnt put lewis / wade / chisnal in after the ****e year they had

MVG - top 4
    Anderson - top 4
    Wright - top 4
    Gurney - major winner
    RVB - king in Holland
    Suljovic - major winner
    Cross - top 4
    Price - consistent major quarter finalist and twice runner up

Smith & Whitlock are the two question marks, but Smith has scoring power and Whitlock's had a pretty decent year climbing the rankings where the likes of Lewis, Wade and Chizzy haven;t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I can understand Bully but Whitlock has been poor for years and nobody cares about him. Dunno why you wouldn't throw in an exciting player like Jamie Lewis even if just for a season.

because getting hammered every week would not be good for him long term

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

sc86 wrote: »
    because getting hammered every week would not be good for him long term

Yeah there's been a few players who've had their confidence ruined by being in the premier league. And the world series seems a good way now of introducing players to these tournaments with the elite players. Worked very well for Price and Gurney last year.

When I was thinking of who I'd want in the premier league, I couldn't think of ten players who've done enough this year to deserve a spot, so many of the top players have had poor years.

I'm actually really interested in the premier league this year for a change, so many new names in it has really freshened it up.

sc86 wrote: »
    they are not 8 and 10 - much lower

https://www.pdpa.co.uk/pdc-tours/world-series/

Whitlock has the best form this year (ranking points) of the guys now outside the top 6 . Won a few tournaments this year and finals, also final of grand Prix. Still wouldn't have him in though

Him and mensur to be relegated first Im going to have a good bet on that

• Advertisement

Healio wrote: »

Surprised with that. I thought chizzy was defending a good few quid this week. Cross the only notable change to the top 16

Advertisement