Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I agree this woman is a disgrace.

But calling for a boycott of a whole party because of one persons actions, well there would be no parties left to vote for if that’s the way we go forward.

Alan Farrel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

I was replying to a poster who said boycott the party because of this WOMANS claim.

The poster never mentioned Alan Farell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Shes not standing in the euros is she?. Is she not embarassed to be claiming there were no instructions on how to use the swing or that she needed supervision??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

omg grifters

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I was replying to a poster who said boycott the party because of this WOMANS claim.

Letting a party know that you will not vote for them due to their member's actions will maybe force that party to hold their members to a higher standard. Probably not, but you never know.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

D7FJOhSWsAAqgc6.jpg
    :pac:

PaulieC wrote: »
    Letting a party know that you will not vote for them due to their member's actions will maybe force that party to hold their members to a higher standard. Probably not, but you never know.

100% CORRECT MATE, when they come knocking at my door I'll be first to shove that in their face. If I cannot trust someone to use a swing, why am I trusting them with my vote!! she'll need supervision at the ballot box herself the yoke!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

This isn't ordinary everyday political stupid,

This is.... Advanced Stupid!

I mean seriously I dont know whats worse, shes suing for her own clumsiness or shes suing knowing people will see their local TD stooping to the same level as compo claimer parasites who have our insurance sky high with their frivilous claims.

Let me remind you exactly what you posted.
    But calling for a boycott of a whole party because of one persons actions

Members of the party have form for speaking out on spurious claims, and the scourge it is on our insurance industry.

It isn't an isolated incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

"Her solicitors said she was sitting on a swing "unsupervised", having her photo taken by friends, "when she was caused to fall backwards".

Looks as though the laws of gravity may be the culprit here!

In fairness to Ms. Bailey, they're very complicated laws and a humble housewife like her couldn't possibly be expected to understand them.

The sooner that those laws are repealed, the better for all of us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

spurious wrote: »
    There were no instructions on how to use the swing.

Ah FFS.....
    nvXaali.jpg

Follow the money........

Ms Bailey was not in court. She is being represented by Madigan Solicitors, a law firm run by a brother of Culture Minister Josepha Madigan. Ms Madigan, a solicitor, stepped away from the firm after becoming a TD.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Follow the money........

that's the most sickening part of the whole thing.

PaulieC wrote: »
    that's the most sickening part of the whole thing.

Culture Minister.

Claims culture?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,626 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

GreeBo wrote: »
    These same hotels probably shouldnt have stairs....or doors...or glass on the premises....coz, yunno...drunk people.

Ms Bailey is a hoot to watch on the see-saw btw.

A building generally needs to have stairs and always needs to have glass and doors. A hotel does not need an indoor swing - it was an accident waiting to happen really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Unsupervised with no instructions - would she get a grip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

BPKS wrote:
    A building generally needs to have stairs and always needs to have glass and doors. A hotel does not need an indoor swing - it was an accident waiting to happen really.

So as far you are concerned it's entirely the hotels fault that a 43 old female was unsupervised on a swing with both her hands full? I hope the hotel has warnings on their cups that the contents may be hot if this is the level of idiocy that is being defended.
    Yet this adult is trusted by some to vote for legislation that effects all our lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

No fan of FG, but would it not be correct to wait until the case concludes?

Of course not, all personal injury claims are fraudulent

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

BPKS wrote: »

A 43 yr old woman doesn't need to sit on a swing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Problem according to the hotel is she couldn't get a grip as her hands were full. Guess her defence is noone took the items out of her hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,749 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

A 43 yr old woman doesn't need to sit on a swing.
    With something in both her hands....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Better not be a landslide victory...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

On the bright side, stories like this make it clear who you shouldn't trust with vital decisions for the country. Clarifies who should and shouldn't get your vote. Maybe all those running for elections should be tested with common sense and other basic tasks.

🤪

• What items? A cocktail in each hand? I doubt it was shopping bags!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Of course we do not have all the facts just some newspaper article but I am struggling to see the negligence here.

Probably throwing in a claim expecting the insurer will just pay out to make her go away.

Just because someone gets hurt/injured it does not follow that there was negligence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

If she did she wouldn't have fallen, and we wouldn't be talking about this "alleged" scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

The Dun Laoghaire TD says she fell backwards out of an indoor swing while having her photo taken during a night out with friends in 2015.

So potentially alcohol involved and posing on the swing rather than using it correctly... got it.

Although that photo would be comedy gold...
    Wonder if it was the hotels photographer and they have the evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Too old to be on a swing!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Contributory negligence will come into it no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

At least she will appeal to the "swing voter" at the next election.

I like that. Perhaps the swing was "well oiled". ahemmm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement