Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

British Para regiment under investigation for shooting at posters of Jeremy Corbyn

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭OldRio

Fair play. Whataboutery at its finest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

The image didn't just appear in front of them on the wall. Someone obviously went to the trouble of sourcing or having an image of Corbyn blown up to that size for that purpose so that makes it a nasty act at a deeper level if you ask me. And when it was put up on the wall, obviously not one of them said ,ah lads, that's not on. Low standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Yeh, they are dumb cannon fodder. The state doesn’t even really look after them after they come back from wars either.

My neighbour was well looked after he came back by the British Legion. I have loads of friends who served, were smart and efficient and nice public and civil service jobs after they were discharged

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

My neighbour was well looked after he came back by the British Legion. I have loads of friends who served, were smart and efficient and nice public and civil service jobs after they were discharged

I live in England and ex army etc will get preference when applying for warehouse work etc with the likes of Sainsbury's. Not at the checkout mind but in the warehouses. And Sainsbury's is a very cushy number almost public sector. In fact I know that Sainsbury's actively seek ex army when hiring. Part of their corporate social responsibility BS. A lot of that goes on over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Aegir wrote: »
    you are taking this out of all perspective. They were in the target range, set up in the loft of their base in Kabul. They weren't on the parade ground bayoneting life sized images of Corbyn for all the world to see.

they could have been shooting at a photo of Mother Theresa for all I care. They shouldn't have filmed it and put it into circulation though.

If they had been shooting at a picture of Farage though, I am sure you would be on here giving them a pat on the back, but as it's Corbyn and the leader of the "Must never be criticised even though their own party is being ripped apart by claims of anti semetism" then we are all supposed to start screaming and wailing.

Just goes to show what a bunch of dumb fcukers they are...filming it and then putting it online.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

you are taking this out of all perspective. They were in the target range, set up in the loft of their base in Kabul. They weren't on the parade ground bayoneting life sized images of Corbyn for all the world to see.

they could have been shooting at a photo of Mother Theresa for all I care. They shouldn't have filmed it and put it into circulation though.

If they had been shooting at a picture of Farage though, I am sure you would be on here giving them a pat on the back, but as it's Corbyn and the leader of the "Must never be criticised even though their own party is being ripped apart by claims of anti semetism" then we are all supposed to start screaming and wailing.

Gas. How do you keep a straight face with your load of aul' bollo?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

They need to be court martialed.

6 weeks in a military prison followed by a dishonourable discharge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

Are you talking about the contents of all your posts?:pac:

I live in England and ex army etc will get preference when applying for warehouse work etc with the likes of Sainsbury's. Not at the checkout mind but in the warehouses. And Sainsbury's is a very cushy number almost public sector. In fact I know that Sainsbury's actively seek ex army when hiring. Part of their corporate social responsibility BS. A lot of that goes on over here.

Not really corporate social responsibility. If you are recruiting from guys who were in stores, quartermasters, logistics corps, arent you getting them from the "good" barrel? Guys who are trained to turn up on time, carry out orders and work as a team. Ever see how the Falklands war turned out? That was an amazing logistical exercise.

brilliant response. Absolutely awesome.

tell me, how long did you take to come up with that? Did you get any assistance or is it all your own work?

I really am impressed the way you countered each of my arguments with well thought out, reasoned argument.

You sir are a genius. Mensa should be knocking on your door any day now.

Bravo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66,829 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

brilliant response. Absolutely awesome.

tell me, how long did you take to come up with that? Did you get any assistance or is it all your own work?

I really am impressed the way you countered each of my arguments with well thought out, reasoned argument.

You sir are a genius. Mensa should be knocking on your door any day now.

Bravo.

All you did in your post, was set the seriousness of the offence and then downplay it as you always do when it comes to the BA. Classic PR stuff and not very clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

If you are wearing the uniform and using their guns you are representing the army. That's the same whether it be the British or Irish army.

They need to be court martialed.

6 weeks in a military prison followed by a dishonourable discharge.

For what exactly?
    Jeremy Corbyn is not an officer, neither is COS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Dont know why they are shooting at Corbyn, if they had any sense they would be shooting at Tony Blair who actually caused many of their comrades to get killed

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

Dont know why they are shooting at Corbyn, if they had any sense they would be shooting at Tony Blair who actually caused many of their comrades to get killed

That might require some vague intelligence and ability to question things, Billy Britain's aren't exactly endowed with such qualities.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

For what exactly?
    Jeremy Corbyn is not an officer, neither is COS.
    He's the leader of a major British political party.

These soldiers serve the British State. You leave your politics at the door when you sign up for the military.

Corbyn wants to hand over Paras who shot under orders. Much the same as Bobby Nairac and what he did was despicable he was still under orders. You cannot order a man in the military to open fire and then make him responsible for a decision taken by higher officer. Corbyn also wants to remove nuclear deterrents from the UK. The only country who I have ever see do this willingly was South Africa, but that is self explanatory.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

Edgware wrote: »
    The British taxpayer should have been allowed to continue heavily subsidising the coal industry to keep the miners happy. And introduce grants for Cornish Morris dancers as well

the British tax payer was on the hook only a few years ago for fighter jets flying round trips from Sheffield to libya, dropping hundreds of millions of pounds worth of bombs on the richest African nation, that's left it a failed state and terrorist breeding ground

jolly good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

pure.conya wrote: »
    the British tax payer was on the hook only a few years ago for fighter jets flying round trips from Sheffield to libya, dropping hundreds of millions of pounds worth of bombs on the richest African nation, that's left it a failed state and terrorist breeding ground

Are you referring to the 17 March 2011 when the United Nations Security Council approved military intervention in Libya, and two days later the UK and the United States fired more than 110 Tomahawk missiles at regime targets before sending in fighter jets to protect civilians?

You do not think Libya was already a failed state and terrorist breeding ground, having supplied the PIRA with arms to kill civilians, and bombing the airplane over Lockerbie killing hundreds of civilians?

janfebmar wrote: »
    Are you referring to the 17 March 2011 when the United Nations Security Council approved military intervention in Libya, and two days later the UK and the United States fired more than 110 Tomahawk missiles at regime targets before sending in fighter jets to protect civilians?

You do not think Libya was already a failed state and terrorist breeding ground, having supplied the PIRA with arms to kill civilians, and bombing the airplane over Lockerbie killing hundreds of civilians?

ah stop, they totally ****ed Libya up, destroyed the infrastructure, murdered plenty of innocent men women and children, next you'll be telling me the english didnt actually invade almost every country in the world, still haven't found those WMDs either, David Cameron was first western leader straight into Egypt after their "Arab spring"...

come down off that high horse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭droidman123

And who supplied the british army to kill civilans?

https://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com/2016/01/06/new-hillary-emails-reveal-true-motive-for-libya-intervention/

https://fpif.org/ripped-from-hillarys-emails-french-plot-to-overthrow-gaddafi-and-help-itself-to-libyas-oil/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/gdpr-consent/?destination=/world/frances-sarkozy-detained-over-allegations-of-bribery-by-libya/2018/03/20/a51dc6f1-7afa-421c-be87-e30801ed9e24_story.html?&utm_term=.8f7ef1a376ec

You leave your politics at the door when you sign up for the military.

"Just because you take no interest in politics that doesnt mean it will take no interest in you."

Advertisement