Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nursing/Dromroe

• 15-02-2015 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi all, I have UL general nursing as my first choice on my CAO form. Is there anyone here who is doing the course and can tell me what it's like? Also I'm looking at booking Dromroe village for accommodation, is it far from the nursing building and is it mixed gender? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

As far as I'm aware, nurses' classes are spread all over campus. Dromroe is right in the middle of campus, literally a 2-5 minute walk from most buildings. The Health Science Building is across the living bridge, about a 5 minute walk from Dromroe. It's a bitch of a walk when it's raining, because it's so exposed, but tbh I don't think you'd have that many lectures there anyway (open to correction).

It's generally mixed gender, yes. You can request to live with all females in your preferences if you wish, but you might not get it depending on the numbers (for instance, I was living with 5 other lads in first year just because that's how it worked out).

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Southwestgirl

Thanks so much for the reply! I was at the open day and really liked the campus! I'd prefer to be living with males and females. Dromroe seems nice and central alright. Are u doing nursing? If so what's it like in terms of hours a week, assignments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Dromroe is the most central alright. And you can select "mixed" on your application and they'll try and put you with a mix of males and females.

Nope, I'm not doing nursing. I do know a few that are, and they say it's pretty intense at times. But tbh, most courses have their intense periods, so I can't really say how nursing is overall.

Advertisement