Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Cooking burgers for the eight year old and myself. Snuck some onions, oats and mushrooms in to the patty.
    Top quality parenting right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Are you 21 as well Teddo?

I don't have a calculator to confirm my calculation, but I think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Fell asleep on the couch, woke up feeling like someone smacked me in the face. Had a Lemsip and now I'm hiding from the plumber. I may have sent him a drunk text last year after he had a look at my boiler telling him he was handsome :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,822 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Just after my psychologist appointment. I am highly probable to be on the autism spectrum

Apologies if you think I'm just being nosey , but are you ok with that ?
    Sometimes a diagnoses of X,Y or Z , can make sense of other things in ourselves .
    Not worded great , sorry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,075 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

In the rain. Soaked but dry as in the wet gear is on. Heading home now once I can peel the gear off me and pack the equipment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Succubus_ wrote: »
    .........I may have sent him a drunk text last year after he had a look at my boiler ....... :p

:confused:

Thats the sort of euphemism that Cleo would come out with :D

I've been home-side most of the afternoon :)

Tis a rotten miserable evening , damp and cold .
    Sitting here with a coffee , deciding what to cook for myself , think a fried egg sandwich will hit the spot , simple but tasty :D

Well aren't you fierce funny altogether and its my birthday week and all. ..........

Perse, what would you like as a prezzie ?

I was thinking a cashmere blanket to go at the end of the ol' four poster might be a nice surprise ;)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Sitting here with a coffee , deciding what to cook for myself , think a fried egg sandwich will hit the spot , simple but tasty :D

'Tis indeed. Shamelessly, I turned the heating on full blast when I got in. Got the damp feel out of the place PDQ :)

0lddog wrote: »
    'Tis indeed. Shamelessly, I turned the heating on full blast when I got in. Got the damp feel out of the place PDQ :)

Too right you were , get warm quickly!
    I stupidly , forgot to lock up the cooker when going back out earlier so it had died down a good bit . Now , it's blazing away again :)

• Advertisement

In my favourite pub, a very unexpected but welcome visit, a pint in front of me and by god I deserve it. Cheers lads

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Succubus_ wrote: »
    ... after he had a look at my boiler...

So it’s not only me!
    Every time I text the plumber I spend ages wording it so there can be no misunderstanding and I don’t ask him to come service my boiler :pac:

Poochie05 wrote: »
    So it’s not only me!
    Every time I text the plumber I spend ages wording it so there can be no misunderstanding and I don’t ask him to come service my boiler :pac:

:D:D:D

( thanks for the first LOL of today, Poochie )

• Registered Users Posts: 22,225 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Homeside :)

Happy Birthday week to Perse, Grem and my fabulous Ted :D
    I must say 21 looks good on you all ;):D

Just as well Auto posted that ^^^^

Happy Birthday to all ye youngsters :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Finally home. Left my phone with the bf so had to drive all the way out to his and back home again. Wrecked now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Sliding my plate over too mam 😀😀

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

In my favourite pub, a very unexpected but welcome visit, a pint in front of me and by god I deserve it. Cheers lads

Pint of what though 🤔?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Hippy, hoppy, happy birthday to ye lovely birthday people! :)

I'm at home. Full of plans for work tomorrow. I'm that new person on the project, with hopes and aspirations, and dreams*.

* I hate those people. I'll give me a week.

Pint of what though 🀔?

Coors light.. judge not lol.. on my second one now and home then, probably stop at hillybillys.. Mind you if someone doesn't get off their phone here I might be getting a taxi, so damn rude, work related calls but still..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I have a quite elderly client, old people for some reason love me. Probably because I think the 70/80 year old generation are pure hardy, like you should see some of those elderly women battling you to get on the train first, id be stepping out of their way fairly lively because I wouldn’t fancy my chances going up against them. Anyway, I love talking, and hearing stories about things I can only imagine - outside bathrooms, not allowed work when you get married. In fact my most favorite old lady, If she was still alive she’d be over 90, told me how when her kids were in school she took a job as a cleaner, and her husband didn’t know nor would he have allowed it. This was back when married women didn’t work. She worked for over 30 years part time without him ever realizing. When he died she had money to build a huge extension. She always told me never get married because you don’t need a license to have sex anymore. Towards the end of her life she sometimes referred to herself by her maiden name. Honestly, I would say she’d have been the first one out to burn her bra nowadays and I always felt a bit sorry that she didn’t get to live the life she would have loved to live (if she was born in my time).

Anyyyway.
    My elderly client today told me she loves coming into me because I’m always in a good mood and she always feels younger leaving, awww. I was so happy hearing that although I am Lexie Rantypants. I am certainly not always in a good mood but I am happy to hear she walks out feeling a bit better than she did walking in and sure isn’t that what it’s all about!

At home wondering if I Need to work on liking gen pop as much as I like elderly and dogs.

Coors light.. judge not lol.. on my second one now and home then, probably stop at hillybillys.. Mind you if someone doesn't get off their phone here I might be getting a taxi, so damn rude, work related calls but still..

Who's the someone hmmmmmm 😏😏?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,225 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Who's the someone hmmmmmm 😏😏?

It's Ted of course, celebrating his birthday without us :(

Gwan the Duvet ;)

Honest, I'm not.

**Pulls on fake moustache & hat**

• Registered Users Posts: 12,075 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Home at last. Takeaway with me. Only soup and sandwiches today, but did the trick. Wet gear hanging up to dry out. Mrs G not impressed.:eek: Equipment unloaded, stripped of its wet protection stuff, checked and packed away. I opened the fridge and grabbed a beer. Lovely! Working from home tomorrow and as its mid term, its not a school night.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Happy birthday to whoever is celebrating this week.
    Had a rough old day, working outside, started off OK but got worse as it went on.
    Had two cows calved today so work, home, work, home and got wet, between work and calving had to change twice. Then got a phone call this evening from a neighbour, he had a cow got her head stuck in a gate and we had to cut her out and she was going mad and driving the rest of his cattle mad too.
    Anyway, reclining now watching Liverpool, I'm wrecked.
    If ever a beer was needed it's now, but settling for a lovely cup of Lyons tea and a cardboard cracker.

Edward M wrote: »
    Happy birthday to whoever is celebrating this week.
    Had a rough old day, working outside, started off OK but got worse as it went on.
    Had two cows calved today so work, home, work, home and got wet, between work and calving had to change twice. Then got a phone call this evening from a neighbour, he had a cow got her head stuck in a gate and we had to cut her out and she was going mad and driving the rest of his cattle mad too.
    Anyway, reclining now watching Liverpool, I'm wrecked.
    If ever a beer was needed it's now, but settling for a lovely cup of Lyons tea and a cardboard cracker.

Posts like this make me glad my father got out of sucklers a few years ago. Been there, done that & destroyed the tee-shirts Edward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Watching Dear John because I'm a soppy bitch and wanting a cuddle.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I woke up to a lovely plate of dinner.. Spoiled I am.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Posts like this make me glad my father got out of sucklers a few years ago. Been there, done that & destroyed the tee-shirts Edward.

I only have eight to calve, Its just a hobby really.
    5 done only 3 to go. My young lad is not a bit interested in it either so I'll have to soldier on for another few years myself.
    I love it though. Pass no heed on my giving out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement