Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Collie D wrote: »
    Also, this is hardly a feud at this stage. Feuds usually involve two sides taking each other out. This is as much a feud as a rivalry between a hammer and a bag of nails.

Agreed. It's not even full time yet and it's 12-2 to the Kinahans.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

TallGlass wrote: »
    By who the Garda? If so the Garda have to keep within the law, they don't and are usually one step ahead.

It doesn’t matter by whom. Is there no bigger drug cartel leaders in the world that want to oust these two?

• Registered Users Posts: 80,795 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

"Blasted to Death" ... isn't that a Seagal movie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Omackeral wrote: »
    Agreed. It's not even full time yet and it's 12-2 to the Kinahans.

The Garda would have had words with the persons whos lives are at risk, yet they continue to hang around and still stay in the same circles while continuing on as if all is normal.

Any sane person would get the phek out of dodge and move as far away as possible till this all blows over.

As someone said, let them kill each other. That's all well and good, but we are not some town in the back arse of Africa or Mexico, we have other countries looking at this stuff going on here and our authorities don't have it under control at all. It looks pathetic to be honest, 14 people murdered, all bets should have been off from the Irish government once an innocent person was killed, knowing the severity of the situation about to develop.

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »
    It doesn’t matter by whom. Is there no bigger drug cartel leaders in the world that want to oust these two?

Oust who? As the saying goes, there is always someone bigger than you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,807 ✭✭✭✭anewme

CeilingFly wrote: »
    No-one gives two hoots when scum murder scum.

Only person really interested is paul Williams so that his hysterical sensationalist assessments can be on every news broadcast on Newstalk.

Means radio one for me tomorrow.

In the main, no one, but reality is different.

But when ordinary people get caught up it, it matters.

There was no justice for young Anthony Campbell.

I dont know him or his family but often think of them, they were denied justice. why.? Maybe because I worked hard and moved up a class I see how he was trying to.

I grew up in the area that today’s murder happened in.

3 mins drive of murder and 30 seconds walk of the burnt out car.

i recall guards pulling me in on that road when i was visiting family( thinking I was going to halting site) recently because of flashy car.

Once they heard accent it was like:oh fine, no problem.

There’s not just skangers in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

anewme wrote: »
    3 mins drive of murder and 30 seconds walk of the burnt out car.

Hi Neighbourino

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

There’s not just skangers in that area.
    I assure you, I have no issue with people living in the area. I have employed people from there and they have been some of the best staff I've ever had and I'm godfather to one former employee's daughter from there.

But those involved in crime are scum. And when scum kill scum, I don't see it being anything for decent people to be worried about.

CeilingFly wrote: »
    I assure you, I have no issue with people living in the area. I have employed people from there and they have been some of the best staff I've ever had and I'm godfather to one former employee's daughter from there.

But those involved in crime are scum. And when scum kill scum, I don't see it being anything for decent people to be worried about.

what if I’d been there walking dogs in the area or going shopping when people wanted to burn the car out..?

These fueds impact those Good people living nearby , like it or not.

Probably because I am pure working class, I think of the Campbell family, they got no justice for a young guy trying to work an apprenticeship. It’s very very close to home for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Well that's my question answered. Boards obviously has no issue discussing it.....people just don't care to start a thread and discuss it, and quite rightly so.

Close thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,285 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Hoboo wrote: »
    Well that's my question answered. Boards obviously has no issue discussing it.....people just don't care to start a thread and discuss it, and quite rightly so.

Close thread.

I think the issue in the past has been naming people but now it's on The Sunday World's Twitter I doubt that's a problem now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭AllForIt

No thread cause the guy who'd normally start the thread was shot dead today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Hoboo wrote: »

Close thread.

Put a / before close thread to close it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Oust who? As the saying goes, there is always someone bigger than you.

Kinahan and Hutch, no major player in the world gonna take these out?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Thesomersarms

All being fuelled by a brothers revenge and a boss living abroad who’s almost playing it like some sick game, picking off random people connected to the family regardless of their involvement in the regency attempt on him, to quote the wire, it’s a message, you come at the king you best not miss, crazy that after all these deaths their sense of vengeance hasn’t been satisfied.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,887 ✭✭✭Odhinn

JamBur wrote: »
    Nobody cares about scum killing scum, let them eradicate each other

That attitude is what lets things build to the scale they are now, which is a feud thats left at least two entirely innocent people dead.

The attitude that "x=scum" is also what allowed large sections of the population to become the favoured prey of paedophiles and abusers, as nobody in officialdom cared what became them.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

Last time I checked none of the major players on the hutch side have been took out, it's just easy targets and innocents

Odhinn wrote: »

The attitude that "x=scum" is also what allowed large sections of the population to become the favoured prey of paedophiles and abusers, as nobody in officialdom cared what became them.

Also this type of behaviour is usually a factor in labeling people scum;
    From The Independent

Hutch has nine previous convictions, including three for theft.

During the raid, Hutch and his accomplice held a gun to the head of the shop manager and demanded the code for the alarm.

You forgot this part in the second quote!
    That sentencing hearing was told the men got in under the shutters of the shop and “floored” the manager before dragging her down the aisles demanding the keys.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/circuit-court/derek-hutch-gets-suspended-sentence-for-robbery-with-fake-gun-1.3286965

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,887 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Nobody said he was some saint. However if you set up a society with two sets of rules it's a recipe for disaster. The murderer nobody bothered with because he killed 'another scumbag' goes on to kill an entirely innocent person, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Odhinn wrote: »
    Nobody said he was some saint. However if you set up a society with two sets of rules it's a recipe for disaster. The murderer nobody bothered with because he killed 'another scumbag' goes on to kill an entirely innocent person, etc.

What kind of society would you like to see?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭Hoboo

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Put a / before close thread to close it

No idea if putting a / on front of close thread does it automatically, I aint no techy, and I don't like making that decision not being a mod, so if you wanna leave it open I don't care, if you wanna close it, I don't care. Was just curious why it wasn't being discussed. I'll leave it up to your good self as the main man/girl/person (covering the PC backlash).

Cheers.

How many commenting are from the area itself.?

To much drama and bull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

To much drama and bull

No drama for me. A new year a new me.

To much drama and bull

The victim himself (still not sure if we can name him even though a paper has online) wasn't from the area either so could happen anywhere in the city..or abroad as in the case of one of the innocent people killed.

You forgot this part in the second quote!

Didn't cop it was a lady manager. That's somehow worse.

Didn't cop it was a lady manager. That's somehow worse.

The sentencing in that case is a bit bizarre. I'm not overly surprised at the suspended sentence to be honest but how did he get off so lightly compared to the other guy?

My only knowledge is from reading that article and another one about his accomplice's sentencing and they both seem to have been equally involved.

Not particularly directed at you, Omackerel. Unless you were the judge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Collie D wrote: »
    The victim himself (still not sure if we can name him even though a paper has online) wasn't from the area either so could happen anywhere in the city..or abroad as in the case of one of the innocent people killed.

Derek Hutch, he was in the halting site to acquire drugs.
    One of the biggest dealers in West Dublin runs that site

FACT

• Advertisement

Typing FACT doesn't make it a fact.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement