Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grass Livery/Grass Leasing Prices

• 20-05-2013 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm wondering does anyone know, what approximately the price would be per horse on grass livery in Wicklow,(where the horse owner is responsible for checking and looking after their horses, not the land owner)? The land owner only looks after any fencing repairs and the maintenance of the automated drinkers.

Does anyone know what I might expect to pay per horse?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

My daughter has her pony on Grass Livery, €120/month but it can vary widely in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Anastazia

thanks Dave66:)
    Does that include the land owner checking on her pony daily? Does it include anythings else like facility?
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

Anastazia wrote: »
    thanks Dave66:)
    Does that include the land owner checking on her pony daily? Does it include anythings else like facility?
    :pac:

All livery customers (Grass/DIY/Full) have full use of facilities, tack room, kitchen, toilets, wash area & arena (with jumps). Arena was recently resurfaced with fiber mix and it well maintained. Roads around yard are popular for hacking and you'll almost always find somebody to go on a hack with you if you want.

The checking of horse is technically your responsibility but yard owners do pay regular visits and there are always other livery customers going to fields and everyone looks out for each other's horses so if a problem is spotted the yard manager is told and she contacts the owner.

It's a lovely friendly yard and lots of people are now getting involved in going to events.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 for once in your life

dave66 wrote: »
    All livery customers (Grass/DIY/Full) have full use of facilities, tack room, kitchen, toilets, wash area & arena (with jumps). Arena was recently resurfaced with fiber mix and it well maintained. Roads around yard are popular for hacking and you'll almost always find somebody to go on a hack with you if you want.

The checking of horse is technically your responsibility but yard owners do pay regular visits and there are always other livery customers going to fields and everyone looks out for each other's horses so if a problem is spotted the yard manager is told and she contacts the owner.

It's a lovely friendly yard and lots of people are now getting involved in going to events.

Hi Dave
    Where is this yard, sound interesting to me. I’m looking for something like this
    Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Hi marcus1981, welcome to the forum. I hope you find it a useful and informative place to raise queries and get answers.

Unfortunately this thread is 7 years old, so probably won't be of any use to you. However, I see you have started a thread re livery in Wicklow, so I though that would be a better option. I'm therefore going to close this thread and a gentle reminder to all not to drag up old thread.

Thanks,

C

/thread closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement