Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tonight in practice ...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Thursday's practice made me realise I don't hate the plank, I hate the side plank and the plank really is grand! I can feel I'm getting better overall though.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Disadvantages to attending a city centre studio: police car with sirens on racing past during savasana! :eek:

Amazing practice tonight. I'm positioning myself better but need more guidance so need to work on that.

I did all my balance poses without falling over once. That has actually never happened before, I have terrible balance.

*happy face*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

balance poses are still by far my worst! my good days I lose my balance only a couple of times,my bad days I lose my balance constantly. and I don't even do the full balance poses, I do the easy version!

But anyway, my last few classes in my forward bends I've been able to touch my knees with my nose with just a little pressure from my instructor! considering I couldn't even reach my toes with my fingertips when I started yoga, I'm pretty delighted with that. Now to be able to grab my wrists past my feet in a forward bend...challenge accepted!

• Advertisement

Went to a workshop about a week ago on a Saturday afternoon, then attended a different yoga class to my usual one on Wednesday evening. Realised that my brain has taken the standard Ashtanga sequencing as The Law, and that in classes with a different structure it kinda goes a bit WTF for a while!

I held half moon for 5 breaths last night on both sides. I really felt a difference with my balance last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Hippo

Bikram yesterday was 80% male, something I have never seen before.

Guys are much noisier than girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭bonzo_k

I held mayurasana for 5 breaths woo hoo !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Started back at Pilates class this week after about a 10 month break, couldn't find class to suit schedule. Was good to get back to it. Felt brilliant from it last time and core was very strong. Intend to practice twice a week when not in class. Looking forward to next week.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement