Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

January 2020 Recruitment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Wyl91

MrChew wrote: »
    I was meant to have mine this week but someone in my bubble went and caught coronavirus so no familiarisation for me! I've now got to go into it blind :/

Was it that bad?

Oh no that’s grim!!

It was okay. Great to see everything in person and have a go. People found different things harder depending on height.

They advised max effort at all times so it’s more that what I’m worrying about. Deffo gonna boke

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

Wyl91 wrote: »
    Oh no that’s grim!!

It was okay. Great to see everything in person and have a go. People found different things harder depending on height.

They advised max effort at all times so it’s more that what I’m worrying about. Deffo gonna boke

Well I mean really, if they are going to insist on making us do this, then they should expect a bit of boke.

Sounds like the advice hasn't changed: give it dixie, don't knock anything over.

I'm 6'1 so mostly worried about knocking the bars off the steps, just gotta remember to stay low.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Boss20

Anyone know if you are allowed to record your own time on the day of the PCA?

Boss20 wrote: »
    Anyone know if you are allowed to record your own time on the day of the PCA?

You're not, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Paulo345

Well I mean really, if they are going to insist on making us do this, then they should expect a bit of boke.

Sounds like the advice hasn't changed: give it dixie, don't knock anything over.

I'm 6'1 so mostly worried about knocking the bars off the steps, just gotta remember to stay low.

So if there’s 8 steps in the course means that we have about 10 seconds to complete each step allowing for travel to and from each obstacle, I think it seems pretty handy with the 4.30 time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Newbieee

3 weeks for vetting is unheard off. Congrats

Usually the norm is between 9-16 weeks however don’t be surprised if it goes over 20, 30 or 40 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Belfast86

Newbieee wrote: »
    3 weeks for vetting is unheard off. Congrats

Usually the norm is between 9-16 weeks however don’t be surprised if it goes over 20, 30 or 40 weeks

My CTC clearance was cleared today and was submitted on 29th September so 3weeks and 3days

Now to wait and see what happens next.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

Just got a fast track email from Deloitte. Good luck to all!

Nice one, congrats mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 D205J

Congratulations! I just received an email aswell!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

D205J wrote: »
    Congratulations! I just received an email aswell!!

Congrats mate

• Registered Users Posts: 23 CMAG90

Well done .... just got mine also ... wishing you all the best for the next stages ... fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 3 saj2000

CMAG90 wrote: »
    Well done .... just got mine also ... wishing you all the best for the next stages ... fingers crossed

Congrats. Can you tell us which month you had you AC please?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 peters1987

I've heard on good authority there will only be two interim lists passed across to the managed stages, so I'd say thats all the FT gone for this campaign. Dec wait for the rest of us!

peters1987 wrote: »
    I've heard on good authority there will only be two interim lists passed across to the managed stages, so I'd say thats all the FT gone for this campaign. Dec wait for the rest of us!

Would you know up to what date of the AC were the 2 batches of FT chosen? Roughly

• Registered Users Posts: 6 peters1987

Would have thought that with the break with C-19 that its everyone that's taken part to date? only my thoughts on that one though.

peters1987 wrote: »
    Would have thought that with the break with C-19 that its everyone that's taken part to date? only my thoughts on that one though.

If that's the case, would just need to wait for Dec or later. Had mine last week. All the best to everyone and stay safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

Living in hope for some more FT emails or for a positive result in December. Gutted my inbox was empty today ;( Congrats to everyone FT-ed

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Boss20

Got the FT email today too! Can’t actually believe it! Good luck everyone!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ats.us.nai

Whether you get a fast track email or not, at this time you're still in the running to get into gv. That's the goal. When you're on the street no one gives a rat ass whether you are fast track or not. Keep the main goal in your sights and keep going. Fast track means nothing when you're in gv and even less whe you're out and about. Well done for all who are fast track and keep going with the hard work. Well done for all who have got this far. Its a tough process so just keep going.

• Advertisement

ats.us.nai wrote: »
    Whether you get a fast track email or not, at this time you're still in the running to get into gv. That's the goal. When you're on the street no one gives a rat ass whether you are fast track or not. Keep the main goal in your sights and keep going. Fast track means nothing when you're in gv and even less whe you're out and about. Well done for all who are fast track and keep going with the hard work. Well done for all who have got this far. Its a tough process so just keep going.

Thank you ats.us.nai. It's so nice to hear these encouraging words in hard times of waiting and anticipation. xx

Thanks for saying this. Fast track ceases to be relevant the moment you get the call.

I'm not diminishing the efforts of people who are fast tracked. To come this far, you have done so well, so remeber that. My point is, no one cares whether you were fast tracked when you're in gv and out on the ground it means nothing. Keep your focus on the stages to come and don't let this distract you. Keep pushing yourselves and keep your eye on the prize. You may even over take the fast trackers because of vetting etc. You're awesome for getting this far. Keep going.

I'm not diminishing the efforts of people who are fast tracked. To come this far, you have done so well, so remeber that. My point is, no one cares whether you were fast tracked when you're in gv and out on the ground it means nothing. Keep your focus on the stages to come and don't let this distract you. Keep pushing yourselves and keep your eye on the prize. You may even over take the fast trackers because of vetting etc. You're awesome for getting this far. Keep going.

Thanks again for the encouragement ats.us.nai. Are u also in the process or you are already a serving officer? You sound like u are :) x:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Klaus2020

Hi everyone, long time lurker.
    I'm waiting on vetting coming through 6 weeks now and have seen others passed in 3 weeks. How is everyone coping with the wait?? Slowly killing me

Klaus2020 wrote: »
    I'm waiting on vetting coming through 6 weeks now and have seen others passed in 3 weeks. How is everyone coping with the wait?? Slowly killing me

Gonzo's vetting took nine months. The three weeks thing is absolutely the exception and not the rule. Don't let it get to you. Just focus on getting the PCA, medical, and online learning done, and hope it comes before Santa does ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Klaus2020

Gonzo's vetting took nine months. The three weeks thing is absolutely the exception and not the rule. Don't let it get to you. Just focus on getting the PCA, medical, and online learning done, and hope it comes before Santa does ;)

Thank you, it is driving me round the bend at the minute because its such an unknown haha

Thank you, it is driving me round the bend at the minute because its such an unknown haha

Ha, I know what you mean. It's in the hands of the vetting gods now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SausageDog33

6 weeks would mean you got the vetting forms before the first bunch of FTs...

• Advertisement

mariyapsni wrote: »
    Thanks again for the encouragement ats.us.nai. Are u also in the process or you are already a serving officer? You sound like u are :) x:p

In this process ðŸ‘ðŸ»

Advertisement