Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome our new moderator: Hermy

• 10-10-2020 12:23pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello all

I wanted to let you know that Hermy has kindly agreed to co-moderate the Genealogy forum.

There's two reasons for this:

Boards has an official policy that there should be 2 moderators for every forum. Since its inception, I've technically been the only one (though the History mods help out when I'm away). You lot are a generally cordial bunch but it's been manageable.

Secondly, I've started a Masters in the History of the Family at Limerick University, so I expect to have less free time for the academic year. I'll probably spend more time here when I'm supposed to write my dissertation in the summer months though!!

So be nice to him, and me, as always!
    :D

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Earnest

Congratulations. The effort in achieving this seems to have reminded boards.ie to send me the daily update, which I hadn't got for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Good luck with your studies sounds like a very interesting course!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,352 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Congratulations Hermy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭KildareFan

Congratulations Hermy - and best wishes with the Masters Pinky. Looking forward to reading your dissertation if you choose to make it available.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Well, well, well... 13 years and finally he wields the mighty ban hammer.

Congratulations!! 🥳

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭montgo

Thank you Pinky for all your moderating skills in the past (future) & good luck with your course in Limerick.
    And welcome on board to Hermy!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Thanks! I'll still be around. Just maybe a (bit) quieter.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Thanks everyone for the good wishes.

I only hope I can maintain the high standards set by our noble leader. :D

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Boss Of Bosses

So is Hermy the new Underboss.. Or is it a power sharing situation.
    I'm joking the very best of luck to you in your education and to Hermy who's reputation speaks for itself.

You people are a wealth of knowledge to us searching our family history.

Advertisement