Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VERY VERY disappointed with this Dublin courier!!!!

• 20-12-2011 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I don't live in Dublin and because I can't go to Dublin to apply for a travel visa to a Asia country, I need to find a courier company to do this in Dublin for me.

My husband checked all the courier companies in Dublin online and phoned them one by one to get the quota and finally found a courier company called Deadline. My husband told him we would post everything to him and prepared the return envelope for them to post it back. The guy on the phone told him 45Euro for the 1st time to be in the queue and deliver the documents and 25Euro for the 2nd time to pick it back, so it's 70Euro in total. My husband thought it's a good deal and let me to call the Deadline courier to take the visa application service.

I called the company Deadline, the guy on the phone told me it's 50Euro for it. And I couldn't believe it and I asked him is it for all? and he said yes. I thought it's even cheaper than what my husband asked. So I accepted that, and left him my laser card number.I posted all the documents to them and prepared a return registered envelope for them too.

Today when I checked my bank account, I found 3X50EUR, (150Euro in total) was taken by Deadline. I called them again. The same guy told me they made a mistake, and they should take 2x50EUR only. I was sooooo surprised as he told me 50EUR at the first time!!!!! I asked him, why it's for 2 times, he told me he said it's for 2 times, one is to deliver the documents and one is to pick it back, and each time is 50EUR, so it's 100 in total.

I sear to god!!I'M NOT A PERSON WITH BAD memory or listening problem !!!. He DID tell me it's 50EUR for all!! He DIDN'T mention any thing like"each time for 50" "100 for 2 times"!!!!!!

And I checked with my husband and very cross and I called him again, but he still told me this is always the way they charge 50EUR for each time.

oH My god! there was no recorder recording what we said on the phone. Everyone can deny what he said before.

I'm VERY VERY VERY disappointed with the courier, Not to mention they took 3 times of 50EUR from my account by mistake, BUT they didn't give a clear price at the first time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are other couriers in Dublin charging less than 100EUR. If I told by 50EUR for each time and 100 in total at the first time, I won't choose that courier. And of course I will NEVER NEVER NEVER choose Deadline courier in my life!!!!!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Why are you using a courier company to apply for a travel visa? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have they provided you with an invoice for the services? Have they refunded you any money?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 dcenrie

no invoice,and only returned me the 50EUR for the mistake

Why are you using a courier company to apply for a travel visa? :confused:

As I can't travel to Dublin with a baby at home, I prepared all the required documents. They just delivered it to the embassy and collect it when it's ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

dcenrie wrote: »
    As I can't travel to Dublin with a baby at home, I prepared all the required documents. They just delivered it to the embassy and collect it when it's ready.
    Could you not send the documents by registered post to the embassy? seems odd that they will issue a visa without you being present?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Could you not send the documents by registered post to the embassy? seems odd that they will issue a visa without you being present?

Many of the Embassy's don't offer a postal service, but do allow courier services..

"Application by post will not be accepted.
    The visa can be applied and collected in person or through someone entrusted by applicant."
    http://ie.china-embassy.org/eng/Consular/AboutVisa/t112836.htm

I used couriers plenty of times in the past, it's a lot cheaper than paying my wages to queue in an Embassy to hand in and then collect a few days later.

Welease wrote: »
    Many of the Embassy's don't offer a postal service, but do allow courier services..

"Application by post will not be accepted.
    The visa can be applied and collected in person or through someone entrusted by applicant."
    http://ie.china-embassy.org/eng/Consular/AboutVisa/t112836.htm

I used couriers plenty of times in the past, it's a lot cheaper than paying my wages to queue in an Embassy to hand in and then collect a few days later.

Yes, just like what Welease said, that embassy doesn't support post service, I have a baby at home also , so I can't travel to Dublin, and I have to find a courier service to do this.

dcenrie wrote: »
    no invoice,and only returned me the 50EUR for the mistake

Sorry, I meant he said he will returned me the 50EUR for the 3rd time mistake, but he has NOT refunded me yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭tinyjiney

I'd never use a company thats only a few months old..even if the owner is ex Pony Express.. Cheap isnt ever good imo..pick a well established one...

tinyjiney wrote: »
    I'd never use a company thats only a few months old..even if the owner is ex Pony Express.. Cheap isnt ever good imo..pick a well established one...

Yes, you're right. I will check the background from now on.:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement