Post Reply  
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
16-12-2020, 09:35   #1
Psychiatric Patrick
Registered User
 
Psychiatric Patrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 973
Paint rollers and brushes

How do I dispose of paint rollers and brushes that were not cleaned after use?

Looking it up online shows me a US webpage that it general household waste but I don’t think that it is - a further search just brings up how to dispose of paint.

And rollers and brushes don’t show as either acceptable or unacceptable on any recycling centre website I check.

Last edited by Psychiatric Patrick; 16-12-2020 at 10:01.
Psychiatric Patrick is offline  
Advertisement
16-12-2020, 19:33   #2
salonfire
Registered User
 
salonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychiatric Patrick View Post
How do I dispose of paint rollers and brushes that were not cleaned after use?

Looking it up online shows me a US webpage that it general household waste but I don’t think that it is - a further search just brings up how to dispose of paint.

And rollers and brushes don’t show as either acceptable or unacceptable on any recycling centre website I check.
Black bin/general waste
salonfire is offline  
16-12-2020, 19:59   #3
guil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,283
Depends on the company you are with
guil is offline  
Thanks from:
16-12-2020, 20:12   #4
greasepalm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,686
I would be dropping them off into the hazardous section of amenities as could depend on whats on it.
greasepalm is offline  
Thanks from:
17-12-2020, 19:03   #5
Psychiatric Patrick
Registered User
 
Psychiatric Patrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by greasepalm View Post
I would be dropping them off into the hazardous section of amenities as could depend on whats on it.
Regular paint.

Thank you for the information. The centres I looked up only listed but if they take the brushes and sleeve too that is ideal.
Psychiatric Patrick is offline  
Advertisement
17-12-2020, 19:05   #6
Psychiatric Patrick
Registered User
 
Psychiatric Patrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by salonfire View Post
Black bin/general waste
Waste companies don’t allow paint in a skip so I thought the same would apply to anything with paint on it.
Psychiatric Patrick is offline  
17-12-2020, 19:08   #7
GreeBo
Registered User
 
GreeBo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 24,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychiatric Patrick View Post
Regular paint.

Thank you for the information. The centres I looked up only listed but if they take the brushes and sleeve too that is ideal.
If it's water based paint them it will still wash off, even if dry.
GreeBo is offline  
17-12-2020, 19:15   #8
greasepalm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,686
https://www.dlrcoco.ie/en/recycling-...recycling-park
greasepalm is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet