Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Professional grammar service

• 13-03-2021 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Could you recommend an app or professional service that can look into your grammatical error?

I have come across :
    https://www.grammarly.com/premium

I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Many thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

I've only seen the (impossible to avoid) Grammerly adverts on YTube.
    I can't imagine that a USA app would be a reliable way to "Up-level your communications". Maybe premium service offers human interaction.

Alternatively look for a proof-reading service. The gig economy has re-fashioned that profession online too.
    I can't recommend a particular website but they usually include reviews from previous clients. You can choose a proof-reader according to the type of writing you want checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thanks, I am using Grammarly premium and it is quite good so far. There is no human interaction though.
    I've only seen the (impossible to avoid) Grammerly adverts on YTube.
    I can't imagine that a USA app would be a reliable way to "Up-level your communications". Maybe premium service offers human interaction.

Alternatively look for a proof-reading service. The gig economy has re-fashioned that profession online too.
    I can't recommend a particular website but they usually include reviews from previous clients. You can choose a proof-reader according to the type of writing you want checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

I'm curious .. how does it work? Can you submit a document for correction or is it solely applied to text as you type.
    Can it cope with tricky text; business or technical jargon, foreign phrases?

The Premium version is perfect.
    You can change the tone to business, informal, confident, neutral, etc., many more options.

Once you buy it, you can either have it as an add-on on Word, Outlook, etc. Or you can go to their website and paste your text for correction.

I have also downloaded their Android app that I am currently using.
    I'm curious .. how does it work? Can you submit a document for correction, or is it solely applied to text as you type.
    Can it cope with tricky text, business or technical jargon, foreign phrases?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

You can change the tone to business, informal, confident, neutral, etc., many more options.

Once you buy it, you can either have it as an add-on on Word, Outlook, etc. Or you can go to their website and paste your text for correction.

Problem is, if you’re /your not/no good at english or grammer, how can you know/no that their/there suggestions are the rite/right ones/one’s?!

• Advertisement

You have to have at least basic English language skills :D
    The application is not going to read your mind.
    Problem is, if you’re /your not/no good at english or grammer, how can you know/no that their/there suggestions are the rite/right ones/one’s?!

Ok. Run what you said there through its options.

I ran it using the application already :)
    It works best when your text is longer than 150 words.
    Ok. Run what you said there through its options.

Advertisement