Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

• 24-10-2020 3:33pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭

And we're onto a new thread... Here's to the next 10,000. My first post in the last thread featured this watch I'm wearing today as it happens so seemed appropriate. :)

530461.jpg

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Post edited by Wibbs on

Comments

NIMAN wrote: »
    Ads,

Thats fantastic, and I'm not sure whether its just nostalgia or not, but from my memory it looks just like the watch I had through my teens.

Do you know the model number of it?
    Is it a re-issue Casio have done? Or an actual vintage watch?

It's a A159WA-N1. Don't really know much about it to be honest but I think it's just a watch that keeps on getting produced.. It reminds me a lot of a Casio I had when I was young but I can't be fully sure. Just liked it more than the others today.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,543 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I have a perpetual calendar Citizen Eco-Drive, if that counts - probably not..

It's my NO watch.

It is such a joy for a lazy sod like me to not have to ever do anything with it except put it on. No battery, No winding, No setting the date, No setting the time, except for blo​ody daylight saving BS. Even then, it's got a recessed button on the side you hold in for several seconds too long then flick the crown left or right and like magic, the hands speed up like a time lapse video and it advances or retards precisely one hour. Useful for changing time zones.

It's water proof and the case and strap are titanium so No corrosion and No need to take it off if I want to get wet.

FL1.jpg

FL2.jpg

FL3.jpg

FL4.jpg

FL7.jpg

FL8.jpg

FL17.jpg

FL18.jpg

FL10.jpg

FL11.jpg

FL12.jpg

FL13.jpg

And then I realized I had messed up, because after summoning the courage to try and open the back, I decided the case needed a swim - in the ultrasonic cleaner.

After It's swim, it looked a bit different and thats when I relized I had stuffed up and should have taken the photos after I had cleaned the case, and mopped some bits off the dial.

So here it is taking a swim (taken with my phone):

FL16.jpg

FL15.jpg

And, voila.

FL5.jpg

FL14.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

That is seriously cool

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Perpetual motion

530555.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭Fitz II

smallmil.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭dinorebel

^ Best looking Rolex IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

dinorebel wrote: »

I'd really love one myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Snap! Cycling Tourist.
    It did miss the radio update last night so I needed to jump an hour this morning. Well featured watch for the price, my only ana-digi.
    530574.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Well, it just so happens, that as I was doing a bit of DIY, I decided the 7750 wasn't the best tool for the job.
    OKrVSa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

dinorebel wrote: »

I couldn't agree more. Wearing mine today too.

IMG-20201025-155154.jpg

Best looking Seiko IMO

530589.JPG

Is that a fertility totem there cyclingtourist?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Hope everyone is well this Sunday

XHzLc7m.jpg

Fitz II wrote: »
    Is that a fertility totem there cyclingtourist?

No, it's a carving of a guy who's just lost his Milgauss.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Hope everyone is well this Sunday
    Yay! 1930's pilot's watches unite! :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭redlead

Best looking Seiko ]

I agree, it's a smashing watch that has really grown on me. The cost of them has shot up over the last couple of years too. Youd probably make money on it. I definitely thinks it looks best on brown leather if I had the choice.

Check out the timeless watch channels video on it up some ski resort. You'll love it even more !

redlead wrote: »
    I agree, it's a smashing watch that has really grown on me. The cost of them has shot up over the last couple of years too. Youd probably make money on it. I definitely thinks it looks best on brown leather if I had the choice.

Check out the timeless watch channels video on it up some ski resort. You'll love it even more !

Yes I've seen his videos, the guy's got taste.

The watch has gone up a bit but not a huge amount. I won't be selling anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

redlead wrote: »
    I agree, it's a smashing watch
    +1. It's in that lovely zone where it doesn't copy or "homage" anyone else, yet has hints of all sorts of watch design going right back to Trench watches, but still looks current. That is not an easy trick to pull off, but Seiko did it.

• Advertisement

What's the Seiko model? Looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭scwazrh

hitemfrank wrote: »
    I couldn't agree more. Wearing mine today too.

SNIP

If anyone is selling one of these in the near future please let me know. simply stunning watch and very unique with the green glass

• Registered Users Posts: 64,548 ✭✭✭✭unkel

scwazrh wrote: »
    If anyone is selling one of these in the near future please let me know. simply stunning watch and very unique with the green glass

There's only two on the forum. And they are not going anywhere! :)

Always several for sale on chrono24, you might have to go there to get one for reasonable money (think €7k for a goodun with box and papers)

What's the Seiko model? Looks great.

SARB017 Alpinist

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Speedy Sunday

530716.jpg

Keyzer wrote: »
    Speedy Sunday

Nice suits a nato well. The moonwatch really does photograph well.

Speedy Sunday
    Fantastic watch K, and still my go to recommendation if a non watch nutter asks me "cos you seem to know about watches" what's a good watch for life. The standard non special edition Speedy is it. You really can't go wrong. And like Fitz says they work on a nato, leather or bracelet. For casual or formal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭893bet

Speedy Sunday

[IMG[/IMG]

Nice photo. I like looking a speedmaster pics. Just not on my wrist sadly.

(Also today is Monday)

Wibbs wrote: »
    Fantastic watch K, and still my go to recommendation if a non watch nutter asks me "cos you seem to know about watches" what's a good watch for life. The standard non special edition Speedy is it. You really can't go wrong. And like Fitz says they work on a nato, leather or bracelet. For casual or formal too.

In cars when somebody ask you whats a good sports car you say if your broke a MX5 and if your rich a M3. In watches its a seiko SKX or a speedy. Timeless watch channel did a good video on the speedy and why it photographs well, with my new found interest in photographing watches I find everything being said to be pure true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYdkzaOwhLo&t=9s&ab_&ab_channel=TheTimelessWatchChannel_channel=TheTimelessWatchChannel

• Advertisement

Speedy Sunday

Shouldn't that be Moonwatch Monday?

Advertisement