Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Access to your own Service Record

• 03-11-2019 9:53pm

Sorting things for the weekend, I come across a ÓnahÉireann Record Sheet that allowed me to transfer across from NSR to Reserve Engineers way back when (I’m long out at this stage, though open to getting back in if I shift my lard arse). My question is (irrespective to me returning or not) am I able to get a copy of my Service Record?

And since I brought it up, *if* I were to apply to reserve recruitment, would I be brought back in under this number or would I be starting again, new number etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

SeaSlacker wrote: »
    Sorting things for the weekend, I come across a ÓnahÉireann Record Sheet that allowed me to transfer across from NSR to Reserve Engineers way back when (I’m long out at this stage, though open to getting back in if I shift my lard arse). My question is (irrespective to me returning or not) am I able to get a copy of my Service Record?

And since I brought it up, *if* I were to apply to reserve recruitment, would I be brought back in under this number or would I be starting again, new number etc?

Howaya.

There is an age limit to joing the reserves, not knowing what age you are but you need to be under 36 on enlistment.

If you do rejoin, you don't get your old service number back, you get a new one.

The circumstances of your leaving the SM/FCA/RDF whatever it was will determin your eligibility to rejoin. If you "just didnt show up" for years, you are put on a "non effective" list and discharged. This may stop you rejoining.

You should contact your closest military area records, military archives or the FOI office to obtain your records (if any).

You will need to provide certain proofs which they will provide information on.

Advertisement