Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could solve 3 cases..

• 14-10-2018 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,579 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

What would they be?

Mine wound be based on what I've seen and can remember:

1. Long island serial killer or LIST. Fairly recent case, no suspect has been charged. Bodies started being found along the shoreline with the first being a prostitute who had disappeared bizarrely while with a client. Multiple body parts have been found with some of the victims yet to be identified. Suspect suspected of having close link to law enforcement. Think this case was covered on Casefile and True Crime Garage, there's also a good documentary, killing season done a number of episodes on it.

2. Madeleine Mccann.
    Fascinating case really. Would love to know what really happened and if the parents know more than they told.

3. The Zodiac
    One of the more famous serial Killers probably due to the the crypted codes and letters and the very good film. Some of the codes still haven't been cracked. Not likely to be solved now. Who was the zodiac? Don't think we'll ever find out but certainly a fascinating case.

Honourable mentions to Jack the Ripper and Jon benet Ramsay who I think the family were involved in her death. Also Sophie Tuscon De Plantier case which we're restricted from discussing.

Probably a few I can't think of right now but they would be my 3.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Madelaine McCann

Trevor Deeley(although probably not foul play)

Jo Jo Dollars/ Deirdre Jacob

Four, but maybe the last one has the same solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

JonBenet Ramsey and Madeleine McCann anyways. I'd expect the parents to be the culprits in both cases, but it would be good to know how, and who else was involved, and to see them brought to justice. And also that young lad Ben Needham in Portugal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

JFK

Madeleine McCann

Philip Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭cnoc

Fr. Niall Molloy
    Patrick Nugent
    Moll McCarthy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭RichT

These are the first three that came in to my head. I'm a Londoner, so that may be why............

Jack The Ripper
    Infamous murderer Jack the Ripper killed at least five London female prostitutes in 1888. Never captured, his identity is one of English's most famous unsolved mysteries.

Suzy Lamplugh
    On the last Monday of July 1986, in broad daylight and in the middle of a working day, the unthinkable happened. Suzy Lamplugh, a 25-year-old, disappeared during the course of her work as an estate agent while showing a client round a house in Fulham.

Jill Dando
    The 38-year-old presenter was shot dead on the doorstep of her home in Fulham, West London, in what remains one of the UK's most high-profile unsolved murders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Madeleine Mccanne
    Jon benet Ramsey
    J.J dollard

Has any one watched, Physic Investigation on sky, in which police bring in a good physic, and this helps with getting clues to how it happened, and who did it

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

goat2 wrote: »
    Madeleine Mccanne
    Jon benet Ramsey
    J.J dollard

Madeleine McCann . One of the Tapas group was the culprit. Parents complicit in cover up .

Jon Benet Ramsey, I have read extensively on this . ..it appears that the brother was the culprit. Her body showed signs of historic sexual abuse.

Tina Satchwell .. Just give me a lie detector kit .....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

Madeleine Mc cann
    Mh370
    9/11

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Den14

JFK
    Madeline McCann
    9/11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,060 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Madeleine Mc Cann

Trevor Deeley and

Annie Mc Carrick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

My 3 Irish ones would be:
    Mary Boyle
    Annie McCarrick
    Eddie Fitzmaurice

Think Internationally Maddie McCann would be the one I would like to see solved ...hopefully there will be answers some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

As far as I can remember there was a death bed confession regarding the Ben Needham case. A lorry driver,I think had run over him by accident and covered it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

bisset wrote: »
    As far as I can remember there was a death bed confession regarding the Ben Needham case. A lorry driver,I think had run over him by accident and covered it up.

That turned out to be false. I believe that Ben died in an accident but to this day Kerry believes he is alive somewhere. She will never give up hope.

foxyladyxx wrote: »
    Madeleine McCann . One of the Tapas group was the culprit. Parents complicit in cover up .

Jon Benet Ramsey, I have read extensively on this . ..it appears that the brother was the culprit. Her body showed signs of historic sexual abuse.

Tina Satchwell .. Just give me a lie detector kit .....

I have also read on jon benet case, and don't believe the brother did it

Maddie Mccanne, I believe was snatched by some child sex ring,

Tina Satchwell, lie detector will do

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

Madeline McCann
    Trevor Deeley
    Sophie Toscan du Plantier

All of these cases don't sit right with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Philip Cairns
    Raonaid Murray
    Madeline Macann

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭redshoes15

Beaumont children

Zodiac

Madeline Mc Cann

• Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Madeline McCann for sure.

And I'm surprised it took this long for someone to mention wanting the truth about Steven Avery/Teresa Halbach and then also about Adnan Syed/Hae Min Lee

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

goat2 wrote: »
    Has any one watched, Physic Investigation on sky, in which police bring in a good physic, and this helps with getting clues to how it happened, and who did it

There is no such thing as a "good psychic". Good conman, maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Madeleine McCann

Trevor Deeley and

Inga Maria Hauser

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Starting historically

Abel (Did Cain really do it?)

The Neanderthals (Are we all guilty?)

Julius Caesar (Who put the first knife in?)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭penno

Mary Boyle, Philip Cairns & Madeline McCann (all children, all heartbreaking)

3 cases as old as meself;
    Lord Lucan, Shergar and Marie Celeste.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Ireland:

Mary Boyle
    Philip Cairns
    Deirdre Jacobs

Abroad

MH370
    D.B. Cooper
    Dyatlov Pass incident

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭MillField

Madeleine McCann is obviously a popular choice here. Closer to home it would have to be all those missing women in the 90's, or Trevor Deely in 2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,579 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

MillField wrote: »
    Madeleine McCann is obviously a popular choice here. Closer to home it would have to be all those missing women in the 90's, or Trevor Deely in 2000.

A lot of people mentioning Trevor Deely but there's no evidence I know of that foul play was involved.

Regarding missing women in the Midlands the gardai are confident that a certain person was involved in almost all of them but they don't have the evidence to convict.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

A lot of people mentioning Trevor Deely but there's no evidence I know of that foul play was involved.

For me, it's the lack of body. Also the people hanging around outside his work, and then seemingly following him.

Other cases are JonBenet Ramsay and Raonaid Murray. There's lots more than I'd have a slight curiosity about but they'd be the biggest ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Mary Boyle - I believe she was killed by someone close to her

Deirdre Jacob - Deirdre and I are the same age, only a few weeks between us and when she disappeared people used to remark to me that we looked alike. At the time we had a very similar hairstyle and way of dressing. We were both at the same place in our lives and of all the missing women in Ireland, Deirdre is the one that resonates most with me.

Maura Murray - Vanished mysteriously after a car crash. Has never been seen or heard of since. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Maura_Murray

Martin Allen - Thought to have possibly been abducted by a paedophile ring, but nothing was ever proven and he there has been no trace of him since he disappeared in 1979. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Martin_Allen

Suzy Lamplugh - John Cannan being the most likely suspect

Peter Tobin - I don't for one minute believe that he only had three victims. I think he got away woth an awful lot more

Trevaline Evans- One of the strangest cases ever. As her bank account was never touched, abduction seems more likely than her disappearing herself.

Leidy Kaspersma - https://www.missing.ie/missing_persons/leidy-kaspersma-co-kerry/

Sorry I know you said 3, but I found it hard to restrain myself even at 8!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

9/11 .. definitive answer.

Maddie .. just because I believe her parents are involved and want them done.

Roswell.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Jill Dando.

Advertisement