Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Missed the key word there, Chief.

not really...

individual taste can mean anything

edit - sorry I get you now

• Registered Users Posts: 16,313 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

xeresod wrote: »
    They're between the kitchen and back sitting room which was probably added as a later extension so I reckon the doors could have been the original ones out to the garden!

There's a second pair between the hall and the narrow TV room though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,775 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

There's a second pair between the hall and the narrow TV churchy altar room though.

FYP!

Either that's a flipping huge sofa in that room, or there are some dodgy camera lenses/angles being used.....

I thought from the pics that the original sitting room had been split in two down the middle to make the two rooms, but seeing as the other room is out the back, that's the original room, it surely can't be that narrow???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

What's the point of this room? Like, what do you do in it?

RgUUTzK.jpg

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    FYP!

Either that's a flipping huge sofa in that room, or there are some dodgy camera lenses/angles being used.....

I thought from the pics that the original sitting room had been split in two down the middle to make the two rooms, but seeing as the other room is out the back, that's the original room, it surely can't be that narrow???

You're right, I thought it was the other sitting room.

• Advertisement

BattleCorp wrote: »

RgUUTzK.jpg

Dust the porcelain? It looks like the old style "good room" that you couldn't use unless it was to impress guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Dust the porcelain? It looks like the old style "good room" that you couldn't use unless it was to impress guests.

But there is no where for them to sit while being impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

But aside from the 3 dining chairs tucked in one corner and the stool in another, there's nowhere to sit.

I guess you could stand in front of the fire, rubbing your hands, looking at your reflection basked in purple light, while being careful not to turn too fast and knock anything over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

anewme wrote: »
    Why on earth would you think that?

It’s a light hearted thread. He’s being lighthearted. You can tell by the big grinning smiley at the end of his post.

RgUUTzK.jpg

Let a bull loose it in for 2 minutes and it'd improve it no end. :pac:

• Advertisement

Sardonicat wrote: »
    But there is no where for them to sit while being impressed!

The table and chairs would allow an upclose inspection of the display cabinet and whatever treasures it contains!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Baptise the childer.

But aside from the 3 dining chairs tucked in one corner and the stool in another, there's nowhere to sit.

I guess you could stand in front of the fire, rubbing your hands, looking at your reflection basked in purple light, while being careful not to turn too fast and knock anything over.

Oh no, then you'd be standing on the shag rug.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Urban Bowling?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

It must be like living in the Starship Enterprise in that gaff what with people coming in and out of the rooms...whhhisshhh..."would you like a cuppa?' Yeah...whhhhissshhh. Whhhhissshh..."here ye are" whhhhhissshh.

humberklog wrote: »
    It must be like living in the Starship Enterprise in that gaff what with people coming in and out of the rooms...whhhisshhh..."would you like a cuppa?' Yeah...whhhhissshhh. Whhhhissshh..."here ye are" whhhhhissshh.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

If anyone fancies living in an episode of Black Mirror, now is your chance. And I really wouldn't fancy sitting on that jacks on a cold morning

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/104968019#/

If anyone fancies living in an episode of Black Mirror, now is your chance. And I really wouldn't fancy sitting on that jacks on a cold morning

Does that house come with a synthesised human to maintain the premises and organise your day?

"We all live in a colourless submarine"

I initially wondered why the photos were black and white. What a soulless, joyless living space.

"We all live in a colourless submarine"

I initially wondered why the photos were black and white. What a soulless, joyless living space.

"Human, it's time to take your emotion suppressant."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

I'm gonna take a stab at that being a childless owner. Or childfree. Either way there is not a shred of a chance that the grubby hands of a kid ever groped their way around all that chrome!!

humberklog wrote: »

I actually did laugh out loud at this !! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

the stainless steel sanitaryware looks like it should be in a prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭PommieBast

When I saw the submarine door my first thought was gas chamber.. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

It looks like a high tech psych institution for rich people.

Was just going to post this. They're not cheap!

Stainless Steel, Top, Prison Toilet, Floor, 4 1/2 in Rough-In

549415.png

It looks like a high tech psych institution for rich people.

It could also double as a torture chamber to devoid captives of sensory stimuli, slowly warp their perception and drive them insane.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I only got through a few pictures.
    My eyes started to hurt with the brightness and of the chrome, chrome, chrome everything.

I only got through a few pictures.
    My eyes started to hurt with the brightness and of the chrome, chrome, chrome everything.

Chrome and white is a very stark combination, you'd need sunglasses in even a ray of sunshine.

• Advertisement

Chrome and white is a very stark combination, you'd need sunglasses in even a ray of sunshine.

Which is probably why the house only has 3 windows, and two of them are in one room.

Advertisement