Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Argos RIP thread

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

The Muppet wrote: »

Review seems quite reasonable- however, if its less than $100 in the US- one would have expected it to be better value here- which it obviously isn't.........

If you want an amateur drone- you could do far worse than this- but the 10 minute flying time is a bit of a killer- and sort of negates all the other features........?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ooh, Bodum Double Walled Glasses for £14.40 on sale on UK site.. don't mind if I do.

* checks Irish site *

.. €64.99!!

lucille-portable.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭djdunny

Basq. I know this is an Argos thread but those Bodum glasses are in Currys for €19.99.

http://www.currys.ie/Mobile/Product/bodum-pavina-double-wall-glass-set-glass-set-4-pieces/329761/396.2.3

Basq wrote: »
    Ooh, Bodum Double Walled Glasses for £14.40 on sale on UK site.. don't mind if I do.

* checks Irish site *

.. €64.99!!

lucille-portable.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

djdunny wrote: »
    Basq. I know this is an Argos thread but those Bodum glasses are in Currys for €19.99.

http://www.currys.ie/Mobile/Product/bodum-pavina-double-wall-glass-set-glass-set-4-pieces/329761/396.2.3
    Thanks djdunny!

Might pay a visit to my local tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭anitaca

I reserved an item in argos and the email said it will be available from today to 2nd. i havent got an email (didnt give my mobile) today saying it is ready. Should it be there if i go in or should i wait for an email?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Go by the text if it has a 6 digit reservation number that's your reservation

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Nokia smart scales. Wifi, Bluetooth etc. Tomshardware has it as the best smart scales going, and it's about €78 Amazon with Rev. If you have a fitbit and a new years resolution to lose weight, this could help.

BUT. It is out of stock, so being honest I am posting here in the hopes someone can tell me when or if it is likely to be back in stock.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7307067/Trail/searchtext%3ENOKIA+SCALES.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Does anyone know when the buy 1 get 1 half price sale that is on at the moment for furniture and other household stuff will end? I want to buy 2 new beds but not this week as I'm renovating and won't need them for about 3 weeks. Thx.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

errlloyd wrote: »
    Nokia smart scales. Wifi, Bluetooth etc. Tomshardware has it as the best smart scales going, and it's about €78 Amazon with Rev. If you have a fitbit and a new years resolution to lose weight, this could help.

BUT. It is out of stock, so being honest I am posting here in the hopes someone can tell me when or if it is likely to be back in stock.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7307067/Trail/searchtext%3ENOKIA+SCALES.htm

Unlikely to come back into stock I'm sorry to say.
    It's available for order in omni Park Dublin though. If that's any help.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Does anyone know when the buy 1 get 1 half price sale that is on at the moment for furniture and other household stuff will end? I want to buy 2 new beds but not this week as I'm renovating and won't need them for about 3 weeks. Thx.

Even if you buy now they might not deliver for a few weeks, when the call you to arrange give them your dates, they might be able to organise a date that suits you, also you can place the order over the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

There's one available in Waterford if you knew someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Ah neither the Omni-Park link or the Waterford one actually worked. I figured if I could get a reservation in Waterford I might be able to get Harvey Norman to price match it... Long shot on that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

It seems to be back in stock or order for collection in most stores

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Nope comes up out of stock when you try to reserve is a long standing glitch on argos system when item is totally out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

anitaca wrote: »
    I reserved an item in argos and the email said it will be available from today to 2nd. i havent got an email (didnt give my mobile) today saying it is ready. Should it be there if i go in or should i wait for an email?

Argos never send you a reminder, which can be a bug Bear of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,316 ✭✭✭VanZan

If you give a mobile number then they are far more communicative over that medium.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    Argos never send you a reminder, which can be a bug Bear of mine.

If an item is in stock when you reserve it though, it should be ready for collection immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

as mentioned above if you give a mobile no when you reserve an item you will get a further text when the item is available for collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,792 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

as mentioned above if you give a mobile no when you reserve an item you will get a further text when the item is available for collection.
    Not always

• Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Quazzie wrote: »
    Not always

well obviously i cannot speak for all instances for everybody but they always have for me. I reserved an item yesterday and i received a text this morning saying my item was ready for collection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Anyone who reserved the Hitachi 43 inch TV still waiting on theirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

I have this reserved in Waterford until close of business Friday and I no longer need it if you would like the code ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Collected the Delonghi Bean to cup earlier in Mahon Point but the price had gone up so the manager had to override the price on the system.

He couldn't get over the price because he said he had the model up from it and he said on more than two occasions that it was an absolute steal.

Delighted with it, can't wait to set it up at work tomorrow.

It will fill a nice caffeine sized Gap while my Panasonic is getting serviced.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,716 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I keep seeing this ad - but when I click through to the site the same TV is €479, poxy false advertising:

438117.png

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭deepsilent

loyatemu wrote: »
    I keep seeing this ad - but when I click through to the site the same TV is €479, poxy false advertising:

438117.png

it was that price on Stephen's day, maybe the ad is cached?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭beerpong

I bought the Hitachi 50" 4k TV for 370, it is now back up to 499.
    After taking it home and setting it up, the TV turned itself on and off at random times.
    A few days later the screen went black altogether with the sound still working.
    I exchanged it for the same model and now the new one has started turning itself off for a few seconds and on again.
    I guess I'll be making another trip to get a full refund. Pain in the hoop.
    Was wondering if anyone else experienced this?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

beerpong wrote: »
    After taking it home and setting it up, the TV turned itself on and off at random times.
    I exchanged it for the same model and now the new one has started turning itself off for a few seconds and on again.

Well known issue with Vestel TVs (they do the Hitachi and Finlux brands).
    Similar to the Beko issue (with sound rather than panels).

Avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

beerpong wrote: »
    Brother returned a Philips doing the same, got alot of hassle trying to do it, they wanted to test it, they took it in the end.

I checked stock before and after, it went from zero to 1!

They put faulty used TV back on the shelf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Wheety wrote: »

Hard to find the litre size of the basket but some sites are saying 0.8 kg which I reckon would be quite small.
    I have the compact Tower air fryer which is 2.2 litres. It's grand for a single portion (for two adults) but I wouldn't want to be cooking much more in it.
    If I were you, I'd have a look at this larger capacity Tower Air Fryer;
    http://www.argos.ie/ProductDisplayTRK019?partNumber=7507520
    Save; €35.00
    Now; €54.99
    was; €89.99

Advertisement