Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The teeny tiny things

• 24-02-2013 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

I can't find a recent thread that we can share the small things that make us happy so hopefully you will join me in this one

I saw my first lamb of the year yesterday. It made me happy all day

Share your daily moments of happiness ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

MintyDoris wrote: »
    I can't find a recent thread that we can share the small things that make us happy so hopefully you will join me in this one

I saw my first lamb of the year yesterday. It made me happy all day

Nice thread MintyDoris :)

One small thing that makes me Happy is My Peace of Mind. I know it stems from my being Honest and not being able to lie to save my life :o

I never knew until recent times how many actually people lie to cover their asses and I am thankful I was raised better than that/them.

That is one thing that makes me Happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Rocky Marciano

I'm happiest when the people close to me are happy. I had a housemate who always got stressed at work. So to surprise her, from time to time I'd leave small chocolate bars in random places so they'd show up unexpectedly. She'd always text saying it made her day even if I was a big messer! :D

I love when I'm home and the dog runs to the car to welcome me back.

Friday evenings. Maximum amount of time off to relax and meet friends before the start of another week.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

The snow looked really pretty at 4am

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Glitter! :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Pigeons :o

• Advertisement

My favourite dinner and a cold bottle of peach and apple ribena

And my really cranky daughter finally asleep on my chest

My favourite dinner and a cold bottle of peach and apple ribena

And my really cranky daughter finally asleep on my chest
    Ah, that's nice. How old is your daughter now MintyDoris?

Ah, that's nice. How old is your daughter now MintyDoris?

She's 5 months Rocky. Best feeling in the world

She's 5 months Rocky. Best feeling in the world
    I can just imagine. Hope you remember what sleep feels like :). Before you know it she'll be crawling around and there'll be no stopping her. The cousin's twins are just a little older. The little girl laughs at the 'funny faces' routine but the little boy is never impressed. Can't please some folks, haha! :D

Finally getting a good few solid hours of sleep now. And she LOVES the funny faces!!!

Today I found the chocolate fudge kitkats in my local shop. Delighted!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Having my pal's dogs fall asleep on me this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

This may sound crazy-but something as simple as hearing a song on the radio for the first time,and knowing it's gonna be a classic-I love that feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Mindfulness

I'm lucky in that I get indescribable amounts of joy from my daughter who is almost three :)

Apart from that, I have a very big garden with lots of bushes and trees so I love hearing the birdsong first thing in the morning.

Other little things that make me happy include:

When I begin reading a book and realise that I'm really going to love it. Sometimes it takes two or three chapters, other times it's almost instant. When I first read Jonathon Strange and Mr. Norrell I got the feeling before the end of the first page.

Sitting in complete peace and meditating. It's a fantasticaly liberating experience.

Achieving a goal I set out to achieve, even if it's only small, doesn't have to be big.

Listening to a very interesting radio show such as In our Time on BBC Radio 4.

Chocolate cake and a cuppa tea. I feel so content right now

Chips eaten by the sea, the actually taste like seaside :)

Seeing how well you can bounce rocks off the sea as it flows in!

Those machines in the Amusements places, where you pop in a coin and see if it pushes more out, no matter what age I am I still get addicted to them once I start playing!

Sprinkles on icecream, especially when your not charged extra for them :D

candy-gal1 wrote: »

Those machines in the Amusements places, where you pop in a coin and see if it pushes more out, no matter what age I am I still get addicted to them once I start playing!

LOVE these!! A couple of quid in 1 and 2 cent coins and I'm sorted for ages :D I really want to go and do this now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

The big hugs my kids gave me aftr being in there nannys and my 8 month old smiling out of his cot this morning made my day!!

A Boardsie helped me today. Thank you!

FM104!:D:)

I get to have a massage today from the best therapist in Dublin!

• Advertisement

Accents coffee shop - cosy cosy place and their peanut butter cup and white hot chocolate are awesome :)

A pot of hot water; some freshly-sliced lemon; honey & brown sugar => Something small keeping me happy this week as I continue to fight a headcold!

Finished work today and went to spend some time reflecting by my nans grave; before returning and beating a personal time-trial in a cycle route! Arrive back from my cycle to news about our New Pope and see Pope Francis for the 1st time!

Lovely Day today for kerry4sam :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭lazorgirl

Small things that i appreciated this weekend:
    seeing my niece crawl for the first time
    bringing her sisters off for fun time and watching them exploring and enjoying themselves
    spending time with my wonderful mum, i know im a lucky daughter and i wish time could stand still so that i could share many many more small moments with this incredible strong beautiful lady.
    incredible sunset over silverstrand this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Got told at my last clinic appointment that my unborn baby might have kidney problem but had fetal assessment and got the all clear totally healthy so every scan I see makes me smile. See my baby for real in 3 weeks! Been smiling non stop all weekend

My new engagement ring

I'm not the type who is all about the ring. I am mortified showing people in case it turns into a big deal with the squealing and the hints about how much it cost etc ... But he chose it himself and its perfect. My daughter grabbed that finger the other day and I looked at her beautiful chubby little hand and I realised, finally, I have all I ever wanted. I'm such a soppy git :o

Got told at my last clinic appointment that my unborn baby might have kidney problem but had fetal assessment and got the all clear totally healthy so every scan I see makes me smile. See my baby for real in 3 weeks! Been smiling non stop all weekend

Words cannot describe those feelings. Congrats, enjoy your little one

Words cannot describe those feelings. Congrats, enjoy your little one

I appreciate it more now iv had that fright I had a week and a half to wait for all clear. Just want babs here

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Mindfulness

That's amazing news. Congratulations, hope the rest of it goes smoothly for you.

I work from home, usually starting at 8am. This morning I sat in the conservatory with a freshly brewed coffee and watched two blackbirds washing themselves in the bird bath for a few minutes before settling down to the grind at my computer. Lifted my spirits for a while.

• Advertisement

That's amazing news. Congratulations, hope the rest of it goes smoothly for you.

I work from home, usually starting at 8am. This morning I sat in the conservatory with a freshly brewed coffee and watched two blackbirds washing themselves in the bird bath for a few minutes before settling down to the grind at my computer. Lifted my spirits for a while.

My granny puts bird seed on her window sill and when you sit at the table drinking tea ya see a mix of little birds all sorts of colours they are gorgeous. It's nice to take a moment

Advertisement