Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things you'd like to say to them

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭cuana

I'm not coping very well today! I just cannot describe the feeling though I've being getting on with things with a new job, new location, new start but its just so fcuked up!

I worked all day chatted, smiled, even cracked a few jokes all the while I just wanted to get out to get away! No one knows our story here which I'm kinda grateful for

So today I arrived home after my day & not being able to sleep I started watching the series skins its ironic as I know full well it wouldn't be to your taste!! anyhow at the end of one scene the music struck me so I googled it

The song is called Start Again! Has me in tears since :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

R.I.P. Nana.

Although I didn't get to say goodbye to you in your last moments yesterday morning, I cherish the last time I saw you a few days ago when you were still in great shape, still smiling, still fighting. I'll never forget your bubbly smile and your terrific memory. I'll never forget all the prayers you said for me when I needed them most. I know they made a difference. You buried your husband, your son and all your siblings before you even though you were the eldest. I'll never forget your fighting spirit and your importance for friends and family.

God bless your soul, rest in peace Nana.

Thank you for everything

x x x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Nanny, I need your help and wise words :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,272 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Mam you will soon be gone 6 years, walking in to the room and finding you lying there was the worst day of my life.

I know I gave you many sleepless nights worrying about my problems with alcohol but at least you got to see me turn my life around.

You were my best friend as well as my mother and I miss the chats we used to have about everything and nothing.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

1 year gone, Noelie. how can it feel like a lifetime and a second at the same time.

i will never forget that phone call. i miss you so much, i am still angry at you but not as much. i dont understand and i never will.

You have changed eveyone's lives and not for the better but we are getting on with it.

I really wish you had a "it's a wonderful life" moment, so you could clearly see what you were going to leave behind.

love you chief, now and always x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

Still after all this time since we broke up in 2009 and when you passed away suddenly in 2012, I have never stopped loving you or missing you, you stupid man. I never understood why you made things so complicated and feeling that I was the one at fault for the break up. You knew how much I loved you yet you turned away and despite all of this, we remained close friends. As you and I had said we never wanted each other out of each others life and when you told me that a part of you would always love me. I knew I would never be out of your life despite us not being together. I guess you know now how much I love you, through whatever life has thrown at us and no matter how bad, I have always loved you. You know my heart and I do get mad at you for being so stupid. I cry a lot still. I guess I have always been in mourning for our relationship and now your passing. I never thought I would see you go like that. If I had one wish only, I would wish you back, but not to me, but to where you were are, because that would be where you were in your life, and I would have my hopes and dreams back, for us to be together again. I always lived in hope. Now I hope to meet with you again when my time comes and for us to be together. You left me twice, so please do not make it a third. I love you always and forever xxx

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

I dreamt of you last night. I dreamt that you werent dead, it was hoax because you had no money, you had to fake your own death but you were back now, as it was all sorted.

i am holding on to the idea that's it's true because i know that wasnt you lying in the funeral home, i know you wouldnt leave us like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭TheminxIRL

John this morning you passed away, you fought a hard fight and seemed to be on the mend.

Why now, why just as you seemed to be finally recovering after three long years of pain and suffering?

You were in remission, you had come out on top, you were home with your wife and kids after nearly two years in hospital. You had it all to look forward to, watching your kids grow up. Your check up yesterday in Dublin went well, they were delighted with your progress, you were getting your feeding tube removed and could focus on the future.

Why now, its so unfair for you to check out on us when we were all relieved to see you get back to normal.

Im not really angry with you, just the injustice of it all.

Hope you were met by Dad when you did pass, ye can catch up on everything and you can fill him in on all that's going on.

We all love you and are shocked and so saddened at the moment, maybe you can let us know some way that you are looking down on us, anything, any way just to let us know you had a safe journey and are completely well now.

Sleep tight big brro

TheminxIRL wrote: »
    John this morning you passed away, you fought a hard fight and seemed to be on the mend.

Why now, why just as you seemed to be finally recovering after three long years of pain and suffering?

You were in remission, you had come out on top, you were home with your wife and kids after nearly two years in hospital. You had it all to look forward to, watching your kids grow up. Your check up yesterday in Dublin went well, they were delighted with your progress, you were getting your feeding tube removed and could focus on the future.

Why now, its so unfair for you to check out on us when we were all relieved to see you get back to normal.

Im not really angry with you, just the injustice of it all.

Hope you were met by Dad when you did pass, ye can catch up on everything and you can fill him in on all that's going on.

We all love you and are shocked and so saddened at the moment, maybe you can let us know some way that you are looking down on us, anything, any way just to let us know you had a safe journey and are completely well now.

Sleep tight big brro

Virtual hugs for you may he RIP :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Nanny,

It will be 4 years this month, even though it feels like yesterday we lost you.

But this is it. I'm going to be a mammy in the next 2 weeks. October will no longer be a month of mourning. It will be a month of celebration. Im so excited but freaking out! I can actually hear you telling me to cop on to myself and to enjoy it.

We found more little cardigans and a white blanket, washed already. I cant wait to put bean in them :)

Please be with me through this and watch over bean and Shane, whos a little buster xx

Miss you loads xx

S xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Hi Paul.

A quarter of a century old now. Wish u were here. If there's a heaven I'm sure you'll enjoy your birthday this weekend. Love you forever little bro. 2 years feels like a month ago.

Xxxxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 21,822 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Happy 21st birthday Christopher.

No birthday cards,balloons or party for any of your birthdays. I often try to imagine who you would have looked like, I have an image of you with dark hair in my head for some reason, I dunno..

Guilt, after all this time I still feel guilty, blame myself, regret not holding you when you were born, but you were so so tiny and fragile,just a little over 250grams weight,your skin was transluscent,but you were perfect,a beautiful but tiny tiny baby. I was afraid I'd hurt you, stupid I know, not logical at all but that was my fear, even though you were an Angel before you were born. ..

Happy Birthday Son x.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Happy 21st birthday Christopher.

No birthday cards,balloons or party for any of your birthdays. I often try to imagine who you would have looked like, I have an image of you with dark hair in my head for some reason, I dunno..

Guilt, after all this time I still feel guilty, blame myself, regret not holding you when you were born, but you were so so tiny I was afraid I'd hurt you, stupid I know, not logical at all but that was my fear, even though you were an Angel before you were born. ..

Happy Birthday Son x.

Happy Birthday Christopher xx

Thinking of you @mamof4, look after yourself x

• Registered Users Posts: 21,822 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Christopher xx

Thinking of you @mamof4, look after yourself x

Thank you White Roses :) x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Nanny,

It will be 4 years this month, even though it feels like yesterday we lost you.

But this is it. I'm going to be a mammy in the next 2 weeks. October will no longer be a month of mourning. It will be a month of celebration. Im so excited but freaking out! I can actually hear you telling me to cop on to myself and to enjoy it.

We found more little cardigans and a white blanket, washed already. I cant wait to put bean in them :)

Please be with me through this and watch over bean and Shane, whos a little buster xx

Miss you loads xx

S xx

He's here, all 6lb 15 ounces of him. Im in love, he's just a little prince. I probably have my baby blues but I wish you were here xx

I called him after grandad too xx

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Grandad,

It's been one month and three days now.

I wish I'd made it home from America before you passed away. I would've liked to thank you for the past twenty-four years. To thank you for all of the amazing memories. I miss the Sunday visits, and seeing your call on my phone if I was even five minutes late!

You had a long and wonderful life, and for that I am grateful, but with somebody like you, no amount of time was ever going to be enough.

I hope that wherever you are now, you're happy. My uncle and granny have joined you in the last month, so it's been a difficult time. You were always my person when things got tough. Take care of me, like you always did.

Lots of love.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

It’s now been 13 months since I’ve seen you, spoke with you and held your hand.

It’s not getting any easier, I now realise that you are never coming back, I’ll never be able to say the things I want to say, I will never see you standing in the kitchen window when I drive up.

The past 13 months have been hell if I’m honest, initially it felt like you were on an extended holiday where we couldn’t reach you… but now the sad reality is hitting home.

I miss you, we miss you, I think about you every day…. I wish I could just talk with you one last time…. To know if you are happy (wherever you are) and if you’re ok….

You were only sick for 18 weeks, 18 weeks of hell, but throughout your whole illness you never showed any anger, or any resentment (why you? You were only 58).

When I asked you were you angry, were response was “better me than someone else”… you never complained or gave out when I had to inject you each day (even though I made sh*te of it).

You fought your cancer with such grace and dignity that I saw a new side of you, an amazing side, a strong person, selfless and grateful to have lived your 58 years (even though I feel you were robbed… we were robbed).

Life isn’t complete without you, a part of me died on the day you passed away, I miss you, I love you (always)..

I hope and pray someday we will meet again….

• Registered Users Posts: 32,978 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

20 years ago today you left us, still miss you Dad.

Well darling! I actually think grief gets harder as time goes by personally I think people saying things like time heals is BullSh!t! I'm also more then a little bit homesick so that doesn't help, I haven't had the comfort of my close friendships or family down here so I'm missing the social side of things too. I've got some time off coming up & made loads of plans so I look forward to it.

I cry a lot more now you know anything could bloody set me off these days. I relayed a story the other day & it struck me in my thinking when I just said god what a great memory to have! It made me laugh but deep down it hurt I was slightly choked trying to control the emotion. If there is such a thing as other world influences I'd like to think you influenced it that memory it was a good one!

I do wonder how everyone else is coping I've not really kept up much contact with everyone though I know I should. I didn't to the church for your anniversary mass either I know you'd have loved the gathering but you weren't really anyway religious or spiritual. I was secretly cringing/angry for you with the religious stuff though I know you'd be ok with it if others took comfort from it.

Your birthday is coming up soon!! You'd have been closer to the big 40 then you'd like to think :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Happy 60th birthday mam...

I never thought we would be 'celebrating' this birthday on opposite sides of the universe.

I miss you, I will always miss you , I know this in my heart, times isn't a healer, the pain doesn't go away , we just learn to 'deal' with the loss, keep it inside...

I'm heartbroken, but I hope wherever you are your having a happy birthday xxxx

Not a day goes by that I don't think of you.. I hope someday I see your smiling face again,

I love you xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 myotherself

ahh dude....it's a little over 3 years since you left us. Two things today. Somehow, my screensaver got stuck on that photo of you and the gang, even thought it's suppose to change every few minutes. I had to go in and physically select something to get the pictures moving again.
    And even though it was almost 2 months before Christmas when you passed,you chose one of my favourite christmas songs to be played at your funeral. And now it's a Saturday night and I'm lazing about watching a silly cheesy christmas movie called Deck the Halls and they all started singing it and now I'm bawling. I know you'd find that hilarious. I miss you buddy,xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

In my whole 20 years, I've always wanted something for Christmas. This year, I can't think of a single thing. Mam has asked me countless numbers of times these past few weeks is there anything at all that I'd want. What do you give the girl who has everything? I have a good family, a great boyfriend, everything.

I miss you dad. I'm wrapping presents right now. I don't want anything, in fact I'm planning on spoiling everybody as much as I can. I'm giving presents to people out there who would appreciate them more.

There's times when I miss you like crazy, and it's not the days like Fathers Day. It's small moments when it hits me again, like something as small as wrapping Christmas presents.

No amount of crying or wishing will ever bring you back. It's been two years. I just want that one small "Happy Christmas" or "Happy New Year".

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Assassin saphir

4 weeks today.The house is empty without you. I put up the crib for you and had a silent drink with you last night. I can still feel you with us but I'd give anything to hear your voice and hold your soft hands.We love and miss you everyday.
    Happy Christmas x x

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

We were lost without you today xx

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

This has been the first year that I haven't thought about you as much. You're still on my mind every now and then.. I guess I got a bit of a shock when C told me to cop on and start moving on. Even though he didn't say it harshly, I was a bit p*ssed to be honest. He obviously just doesn't understand how hard it is to let go of a best friend. Especially when I feel the "friends" I associate with now are not the best people for me.
    Maybe he was right to tell me that. But I don't appreciate being told how to deal with grief. It's 7 years in June so I guess it is time to stop getting so upset on your anniversary, I should celebrate your life instead. Nobody truly understands what I feel inside. I don't miss you as much as I did which is maybe a positive thing. When I think back to the ache in my heart when you first died, I'm glad I don't feel that anymore. There was a time when I couldn't even think of you without crying.

I met with up with Deb twice this year, while I don't agree with some of her life choices I still love the girl to bits. Her burns are so bad but I think I needed to see her. We had such a laugh together and though your name came up a few times, we didn't get upset. Maybe that was good closure for me. Her hands and face may have been destroyed but at least she's living her life with her kids and fiancé. She hasn't changed one bit. I look back fondly when I think of our teen years and the stuff we got up to! I still laugh at the memories to this day. :) I've only gone to your grave 3 times last year. But you always knew I hated graves and I think you would understand, I hope so anyway.

Still miss you and I hope your soul is at peace.

X

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

I'd like to apologise for my rant. I said things that were bang out of order. You're dead, you've been dead some time time now. I need to stop being angry with you for all the stupid things that go wrong on me.

I'll try and stop now.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I hated having to go away for a few days that time two years ago. I rushed back on the train on 14th February terrified you'd be gone too far to ever know me again. I noticed on the train that I was wearing a fecking red cardigan and everyone would think I did it on purpose with the day it was. I rushed to the hospital and you were lying there, your eyes closed and miles away. I was told you hadn't been good the few days I was gone. I sat next to you and then a nurse came into the room. I stood up talking to her and then I felt it, something tugging on the back of my cardigan. I turned and there you were, eyes open staring up at me and your hand outstretched pulling my cardigan towards you. They brought food and you ate it from me. You hadn't eaten in 3 days while I was gone. You still knew who I was Dad and it meant everything to me. A few weeks later you were gone.
    Dad, I wore that cardigan today and didn't give a thought what anybody would think or say. I wore it remembering you and our special valentine's day x

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I don't know what's more painful, missing the baby that you were, or imagining the little girl you'd be now. So many unanswered questions. I had so many hopes and dreams not just for you, but for both of us, for our lives together.

I don't know what I'm supposed to do with myself. People ask do I have children, what do I say? Yes? No? If I say yes, I have to explain what happened, which is followed by an awkward "I'm so sorry". If I say no, I'm denying you ever existed, which is something I've been fighting to recognise since you were born sleeping. You were very much a person and a real part of our lives, so if I say no I cancel all that out. I'm sick of people feeling sorry for me and pitying me. The condolences of an aquaintance I'm chatting to are no comfort and won't bring you back.

In so many ways I'm totally ready to move on, but in others, I just can't. I don't want to make other people fell uncomfortable, or pity for me, but I can't pretend you were never here either.

I ache for it all to have been a nightmare and for you to be here with us now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Today you went surrounded by your doting wife of 63 years, your sister, your daughter, five sons and the grandkids.
    You went after 5 long days of battling and indeed 6 years of overall poor health.
    You waited until the 2 days after your 88th birthday.
    You waited until your son came over from England and your sister came up from Clare.
    You went when you felt ready and not a second before, like we knew you would, like you always were.

In the end, we'll all miss you terribly, especially mum and nan.. It hasn't sunk in yet for them, but when it does we'll be there for them like they always were for you so don't worry. The strength you showed the last few years is something I'll never forget, through the crippling back problems, the falls, the confusion, everything you always had a smile on your face when we spent time together. I wish I visited more than I did, I really do and I hope you heard me when I quietly apologised on Wednesday. Everyone has been saying how much alike you I look in your wedding picture, 63 years ago and that I got my height from you but most of all I'd like to think that even if I got half of the strength you've shown in battling through the health problems these last years then I will be set to face anything in my own time. 63 years married, it still blows my mind.. it's something some couples can only dream of, having someone by their side, night and day holding their hand like nan did.

I'll never forget your towering frame but how no matter what day I was having after school, you'd always be there sitting in your chair with a smile or a joke to welcome me in.. Remember that day in the football stadium where even when I mustn't have been more than 5 or 6 you still let me score all the goals and got me an ice-cream after? I'll always cherish that.

There must be a plumbing leak in Heaven and that's why you were called up, nobody else could do the job like you could.

Happy Birthday Da, Godbless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

To Maisie's mum:

"She lived her span of life, within your body and within your love".

Advertisement