Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

COMMENTS THREAD FOR RANDOM PHOTOS LV

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,281 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

pete4130 wrote: »
    45228079905_0c0457c50b_c.jpg
    needs to be bigger.
    as in, the 800px width limit does not do this shot justice i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

I knew I had a trip out towards this quarry and checked it out on google maps. The quarry in the direction I was looking out stretches 5km. I was a bit in awe of the size when I got my drone in the air.
    45228079905_ea5b84bab4_h.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,281 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

No, it should go on the cover of Nat Geo.

you need to click on it to get the bigger version. definitely needs moar bigger. it's a cracker.

• Advertisement

redape99 wrote: »
    46157558112_4013977b70_h.jpg
    803_7633-Edit by redape99_, on Flickr
    Yeahhh buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭redape99

Thanks both! It's a great place to visit if you're ever up near Inverness... very impressive watching them swooping down and feeding mid-air.

https://www.rspb.org.uk/reserves-and-events/reserves-a-z/tollie-red-kites

fixxxer wrote: »

Zoomed way in then pulled back out?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

ED E wrote: »
    Zoomed way in then pulled back out?

Start at 18mm, zoomed to 55mm then pulled back to 18mm over 15 seconds :)

• Administrators Posts: 53,342 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

m-i-m-m- wrote: »
    This photo means alot to me, because I've been having a hard time with mental health recently.. and venturing out today because the weather was so drab and overcast was a struggle. I'm so glad I did, amazing how photography, and all creativity, can lift the spirits. It's easy to forget its importance sometimes.

_el6AO_N2loitwy0u0d5ZYauJMdhGN_qmuxhd1Dwdwt80YS0kdIXH8lxuyfOHumozbtEywDX0cVI8IbbhvUScxxwDmmNsBLTlFjiy9oEnYQ__NWvR9QWgwGl2-wcQuGXds0mupkZwXxXZr6KD_0kCZpersBs3ikTYMVxYzB0--07Bonzit3-KlXsWbEoLXdwwYUo8mgISVzRIgEMRrt0cezygD-lKwslsxrxNr51jY0GmixrZ1VqHa2QI9JCV2PHxDGt-t2BxYnBNSC-tQcGNgDkWkSz7npYqlMa7hBtHWsJ1cz04-FzgFSZ_WLJN6xZLhBHbiYo411ijr0hZU7rjdkTyU4QNv91Ox1EQk3mIYAB6c9hy-BCP7vBJlanv3VF8ZwNVKcUL0oM6KRvt0s1x0m0GEAZtNWXVyIdRghhkV5tBwwKoTGKwpCqZsUfjG9hxFTpUnIYbd2tjq2sDNC45nYzE2HMaReQTDuArctCpPkmXwf9uEXygnvXkAjFRIMoLhPMorj2Fl3KI2MR-ah5PfpQLnb29Uucj37uIu8XgxiVv0NcgH_eYCuipOTq0XcI2Fd4ZKhMOYjLQtBZt-jqNOPqwPVqReKWlcRvnOW2q_SgrxnQpPNzH7LWlPCDv60LO0SfhSCVrUUUNW8zU9djli-hhIM9My2QZPCS4Rkdaw7RcvBOwAnS6EJ-4KrJ8WT9Trc9knK6aujgL6UEgA=w800-h531-no

Excellent shot m-i-m-m. Love the striking orange grass constrasted against the sky.

Where was it taken?

• Advertisement

Looks a little like the scree at the bottom of Glenmacnass Waterfall. Maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

awec wrote: »
    Excellent shot m-i-m-m. Love the striking orange grass constrasted against the sky.

Where was it taken?

Cheers, it's in Connemara. Close to delphi

PaulieC wrote: »
    46547041382_ed2d829905_b.jpg
    Where'd you take this from Paulie?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Where'd you take this from Paulie?
    +1, fantastic angle!

Always get interested when I see you posting in the pics thread Mike.

Another cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Always get interested when I see you posting in the pics thread Mike.

Another cracker.

Ah man, I'm not worthy!! :o:)

NEW WAVE wrote: »
    Em2oEeR.jpg
    Shopped?

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭NEW WAVE

Shopped?
    Lightroom and Affinity Photo
    Still learning. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Wailin wrote: »

Psst, look again, its in the title ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Not on my phone there isn't!

cnocbui wrote: »
    Fog-Snow-Trees-2.jpg

IBB its intermittently loading. Imgur/Flickr etc might be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

Pheasant in flight

V4HqwEs.jpg

Something weird going on in the background here. Selection for background looks like it is feathered too much giving a halo around the edge. Shows up in the blurring. Also something funny going on in the selection of the feathers.

Hard to be sure on the small size posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭NEW WAVE

Thanks for your comments Adrian. As I said previously I use Lightroom, and Affinity Photo, and I’m still on a learning curve with both of these programs as I’m sure you were once as well. I feel that I still have a long way to go to catch up with you and the many other excellent posters on this thread.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

...... I’m still on a learning curve with both of these programs....... I feel that I still have a long way to go to catch up .......

I'm still learning, which is why I love photography. And as for catching up - forget about it; it's not important. But improving is.

I found a good way for me to improve was to post shots for constructive criticism. I learn nothing from praise, thanks or prizes. But I learn a lot from people giving their opinion on my shots. Once I learned not to be defensive about my photos (after all, they are the best I can do - at the moment) I really began to learn.

I normally post photos at http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/forums/forums in the appraisal gallery. They don't pull punches and you should expect people to have a go at re-editing images. However, anybody who is rude or who provides criticism that is not constructive is very swiftly dealt with. It's a nice community, open to all levels. And the guys there like to help.

Photography is a journey, not a destination.

Enjoy the ride!

Adrian

I'd view that as the instagram vs photogs divide.

With us, sometimes less is more. With instagram folks want filtered out the wazoo HDRx11 stuff.

If you have the raw maybe try fixing exposure and colour only, then add a tiny bit of contrast and leave it at that. At a guess you added a rake of Clarity/similar which is adding that haze.

GBX wrote: »
    46533869875_fdacb7f83f.jpg

Tulips by Gary Byrne, on Flickr

First time messing around with HDR. (Might be slightly too much for some peoples liking :))

one minor thing - needs a tighter crop; you can see a line of what i assume is the table just at the bottom of the frame.
    re people not liking HDR, a lot of the time it's because they can see the puppet strings, so to speak. that's not really a factor in your shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,899 ✭✭✭✭GBX

one minor thing - needs a tighter crop; you can see a line of what i assume is the table just at the bottom of the frame.
    re people not liking HDR, a lot of the time it's because they can see the puppet strings, so to speak. that's not really a factor in your shot.

Thanks for the feedback MB. I failed to notice that. :)

33769015008_5e84fe3aeb_z.jpg

that's bleedin' fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

that's bleedin' fantastic.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement