Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fallout 76

Comments

No interest

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Smyths have it up for 65 quid, 60 if you preorder online and collect in store. It already has 1 review :pac:

453088.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Varik wrote: »
    You buildings follow you as they've not got "servers" to choose between, but how does that work if you want to join in on someone and they've got their camp set up on top of yours

They do have servers, people will play on different servers, the server you are on will be chosen seemlessly in the background you do not get a choice of server except to join a friend's server.

I am confident buildings will be server based and they don't come with you, they said if you join a friend's server your leveling up progress comes with you not your building. It just couldn't work if buildings popped in and out Everytime someone out of a group of 24-100, started or stopped playing. Anything you build will remain on the server you built it on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I don't get the impression that camps/buildings are supposed to be long term things anyway, and they'll get destroyed at a regular enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Its either going to be :

(a) a pain in the bo**oks building a base/camp and have it destroyed by a gang or,

(b) Hilarious teaming up with mates and destroying other bases/camps. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭neirbloom

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Also seems to be a lack of story

Yea that's my concern as well. I can just see it being another series of fetch quest combined with the base building and whatever else they have surrounding the multiplayer aspect which does sound interesting the online but without any kind of story arc I can just see it becoming another GTA online clone :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

Greg81 wrote: »
    I just preordered Armored Edition. Don't really know if I will play the because I hate building settlement for 6 hours when 4 9yo kids armed with almost unlimited time to play and parents credit cards will turn it into dust in few seconds. But hey I need that helmet in my life :)

Where did you pre-order that version?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

matrim wrote: »

Bethesda store I assume? https://gear.bethesda.net/products/fallout-76-power-armor-edition

Out of stock already :pac:

Edit: game.co.uk have it in stock, £175 https://www.game.co.uk/en/fallout-76-power-armour-edition-uk-retail-exclusive-2395070

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

matrim wrote: »

Game.co.uk

via parcel motel

They are giving delivery option to Ireland but if you choose it the payment is not coming through.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

GarIT wrote: »
    They do have servers, people will play on different servers, the server you are on will be chosen seemlessly in the background you do not get a choice of server except to join a friend's server.

I am confident buildings will be server based and they don't come with you, they said if you join a friend's server your leveling up progress comes with you not your building. It just couldn't work if buildings popped in and out Everytime someone out of a group of 24-100, started or stopped playing. Anything you build will remain on the server you built it on.

Did you notice the "" in that.

They said you do keep your buildings when you move, even the nuke doesn't destroy anything just creates a temporary zone your stuff is still safe just not where you had it on game anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Any of ye signing up for the beta?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Settlement building was one of the least interesting things about Fallout 4. Ugh, don’t like the sound of this.

Wonder if this will be a subscription game?

Do you have a link for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Do you have a link for this?

You need to pre order to get BETA access

Yupp as soon as they release info on it. I'd say it will be an absolute disaster to play :D

faceman wrote: »
    Settlement building was one of the least interesting things about Fallout 4. Ugh, don’t like the sound of this.

It was my favourite thing to do in Fallout 4 so this is very appealing to me. I spent a lot of time in my house arranging my bobblehead collection, power armour, lighting, hiding out from Preston, etc.

Speaking of, I noticed the first guy they killed in the demo was named PGarvey :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yupp as soon as they release info on it. I'd say it will be an absolute disaster to play :D

It was my favourite thing to do in Fallout 4 so this is very appealing to me. I spent a lot of time in my house arranging my bobblehead collection, power armour, lighting, hiding out from Preston, etc.

Speaking of, I noticed the first guy they killed in the demo was named PGarvey :)

Settlement building always feels like playing with a doll house. But each to their own! :p:)

Settlement building always feels like playing with a doll house. But each to their own! :p:)

And it was a lovely dollhouse indeed :o

You need to pre order to get BETA access

Aaahhhhhh, balls to that. :o

I dont think I'll find time with Red Dead 2 coming out late October to fit Fallout into the equation also.

They are charging full retail for pre-orders, I'd doubt they would charge €60 for a game and then you have to play to play it.

Varik wrote: »
    Did you notice the "" in that.

They said you do keep your buildings when you move, even the nuke doesn't destroy anything just creates a temporary zone your stuff is still safe just not where you had it on game anymore.

I must have completely missed it, I watched it live so was quite tired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Never played Fallout until I dabbled in Fallout 4, thought it was a bit boring.

Honestly can't wait to play this with a couple of friends who enjoy Fallout.

The only worrying thing about the game that I can see is the nukes to destroy other bases, don't like that idea.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Get yourself New Vegas Rossi and you'll probably understand why people love it so much. You should be able to get the whole thing for a fiver.

76 looks ok, multiplayer could be fun. I didn't play 4 cause it didn't seem to be much of an rpg and more of a shooter which I wasn't quite in the mood for.

Shiminay wrote: »
    Get yourself New Vegas Rossi and you'll probably understand why people love it so much. You should be able to get the whole thing for a fiver.

76 looks ok, multiplayer could be fun. I didn't play 4 cause it didn't seem to be much of an rpg and more of a shooter which I wasn't quite in the mood for.

I played New Vegas twice but gave up both tubes around the 5 hour mark but don't know why. If I ever renew my PS Now, I'll give it a go again.

Only heard about this now, but Todd Howard is being interviewed right now.

VATS still there, but will be real time.
    No mod support at launch, but will be there eventually.

Here's the full interview for those interested;

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Here's the full interview for those interested;

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

- No offline
    - Playing 'Solo' will still have you seeing other players
    - No NPCs, excluding robots
    - Vats will take place in real time
    - PvP is still being tweaked to avoid greifing
    - Modding will be present in 76 but not at launch
    - Private servers will happen
    - Starfield in Production (Playable State) & TES VI is in Pre-Production

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/8qcu5z/e3_2018_todd_howard_confirms_fallout_76_will_not/

Wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole. No NPCs pretty much means no story or a threadbare one at best. Also, knowing Bethesda and their bugs, the tweaking to avoid griefing won't be very successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

VATS in real time ?

Some simpleton lookin at his wrist for 20secs tryin to decide on which of your body parts to shoot while you blast away at him ?
    Also...if it's in real time...the % would have to change as the target could go behind cover etc during that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

probably the first fallout i wont be buying, like i even got tactics lol. But i really feel they missed a golden goose here if it was an mmorpg that market is dying for a new game. Always wanted a fallout mmo especially when they wrangled the rights from the original ip holder for the mmo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Lone Stone wrote: »
    probably the first fallout i wont be buying, like i even got tactics lol. But i really feel they missed a golden goose here if it was an mmorpg that market is dying for a new game. Always wanted a fallout mmo especially when they wrangled the rights from the original ip holder for the mmo.

Tactics was fine. I don't know why people hate on it so much.

I had the same feeling as you when FO3 first came out. Put off playing it for a while and I regretted it. I like the potential for this new format. I hope they pull it off. I'll be giving it a chance anyway.

Advertisement