Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Backlog Completionist Diary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 meljackson

I also have so many unplayed games. Maybe just trying to finish one game at a time so that you are familiar with which control buttons to use and generally get used to the style. In 2017 I finished LA Noire on steam. Everyone had a problem with it and although it was chugging along really slowly I got most of the achievements, and I finished all the Blackwell games too yippee. I keep getting drawn in by the sales and indie games. Now if I could only finish the other 60 first lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Jayisplay

Completed : assassins creed origins
    Lego batman ( PS3 )

Next up : limbo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Limbo is nice and short and feels good when you complete it in a sitting or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Have 3 that i have to finish before i buy a new game. Tomb raider: Rise.
    Fallout 4 and The Witcher 3.

I've actually already put a stupid amount of hours into fallout and witcher, but still have to finish the main stories. I decided that Tomb raider would be the best to get into but my God it's fairly pants.
    Once you get over how great it looks, there's feck all exciting about it. So much of it is busy work, collect these documents or coins and the puzzle tombs are not particularly challenging.

I will finish it though and them on to Fallout where I'll try and not fall back into the trap of building a giant city on an island and just finish the game.

weiland79 wrote: »
    I decided that Tomb raider would be the best to get into but my God it's fairly pants.
    Once you get over how great it looks, there's feck all exciting about it. So much of it is busy work, collect these documents or coins and the puzzle tombs are not particularly challenging.

How much did you pay for Tomb Raider?

I find I'm less inclined to complete games I'm not enjoying if I only paid sale price for them, because at least I got my money's worth out of them.

I'm aiming to complete South Park at the moment even though it's really not my type of game (not a fan of the turn-based combat) simply because I paid relatively full price for it. It's not a bad game by any means, just not really *MY* type of game, which I didn't realise when buying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Last level of crash bandicoot 1 (PS4)

F.U. Dr Cortex. You gonna die

Completed : assassins creed origins ps4 (got platinum) :)
    Lego batman PS3 ( not great game )
    Limbo ps4 ( good little game )

3 done so far, honestly don't know what to pick next out of my couple of hundred

So decided to go with everybody's gone to the rapture, anyone played it?
    Think I'll do a few small games before moving onto a big one

Jayisplay wrote: »

I played about 25% of it, got stuck, swore I'd go back to complete it.

That was about 6 months ago :o

mrcheez wrote: »
    I played about 25% of it, got stuck, swore I'd go back to complete it.

That was about 6 months ago :o

If I ever get stuck on a game, I try it for awhile and if I'm still stuck I just go online for help or YouTube

• Advertisement

If I ever get stuck on a game, I try it for awhile and if I'm still stuck I just go online for help or YouTube

Well you see I've done this for most games, played until something else distracted me and consequently have a backlog of partially played games.

This time though I'm sticking with a game through to completion (or at least as far as I'll ever want to go in the case of dull games) and it feels great!

Almost completed South Park and then I'm gonna try to clear off a few smaller games. South Park is HUGE!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Its a great game,should only take a few hours to finish,there are playthoughs online as you will get stuck in some places.. well worth it though..

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Its a great game,should only take a few hours to finish,there are playthoughs online as you will get stuck in some places.. well worth it though..

What's the deal with the building that has a light hovering above your head just outside it?

Must complete this one soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Giving up a load of tv shows has helped make a start on the backlog. Lost Legacy is newer so wouldn't really count. Super Metroid was a replay that had fallen by the wayside. But Typoman and Gunman Clive are 2 less games.

How many her use sites like HowLongToBeat to determine which to play? And anyone else use guides just to see how much is left? Like "Okay so I'm on Level 4 of 9"

So 2018 so far:
    Life is Strange
    Uncharted Lost Legacy
    Super Metroid
    Typoman
    Gunman Clive

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Giving up a load of tv shows has helped make a start on the backlog. Lost Legacy is newer so wouldn't really count. Super Metroid was a replay that had fallen by the wayside. But Typoman and Gunman Clive are 2 less games.

How many her use sites like HowLongToBeat to determine which to play? And anyone else use guides just to see how much is left? Like "Okay so I'm on Level 4 of 9"

So 2018 so far:
    Life is Strange
    Uncharted Lost Legacy
    Super Metroid
    Typoman
    Gunman Clive

I definitely check how many hours a game is before I start into it.

I always take average and up it by around 20% as I ain't that good :p

Yep. 14 hours to complete means 17 at least

Finally...

COMPLETED
    South Park - The Fractured But Whole (PS4) - this game was a lot bigger than I thought! It was fun, but seriously the only reason I saw it through to completion was because of the backlog challenge I set myself. Normally I would have put it down swearing I'd get back to complete it later (I wouldn't)

Total cleared off backlog so far: 14

Next up...
    Gonna concentrate solely on my VR backlog, so many great games that I bought and loads more coming so really need to get crackin'

Finished Samus Returns.
    When I started the year, I was hoping to get through at least 1 game a month. So I'm good til July now. :)
    Think I'll take a break for a bit before moving on to Splatoon 2.

So 2018 so far:
    Life is Strange
    Uncharted Lost Legacy
    Super Metroid
    Typoman
    Gunman Clive
    Metroid Samus Returns

COMPLETED
    Affected - The Manor (Rift) - wasn't long to complete, but nice atmosphere and a few jump scares. Not quite nearly as bad as Dreadhalls ;)

Total cleared off backlog so far: 15

Next up...
    My time is going to be pretty much consumed by Sprint Vector, which may just be the best game this year so far (on VR)

So much for a break. Less than a week later and I have now finished Splatoon 2

So 2018 so far:
    Life is Strange
    Uncharted Lost Legacy
    Super Metroid
    Typoman
    Gunman Clive
    Metroid Samus Returns
    Splatoon 2

• Advertisement

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood joins the list.

I'll stop listing and just have the count

Total cleared off backlog so far: 8

Next Up:
    Started Ace Attorney 2 on the 3DS but think that will just be side playing.
    Still deciding on the big screen game

Playing a load of VR games lately but not really finishing any except for...

COMPLETED
    Glider Island (Steam / Rift) - great game and v addictive. Bought it for around €5 after saw it recommended, and they have a monthly tournament where you win cash prizes. I came 3rd in the world so won my fiver back ;)
    Recommend picking it up.

Total cleared off backlog so far: 16

Next up...
    Trying to complete Doom VFR when I get time, and then after going to finally play Res Evil 7 and not going to get distracted "until it is DONE!"

Ok I'm back

Done : assassins creed origins
    Lego batman
    Limbo
    FIFA 18
    Everybody's gone to the rapture

Now playing tomb raider , not bad so far

COMPLETED
    Alan Wake's American Nightmare (GOG) - This one has been on my todo list for YEARS! Bought it on Xbox360, but decided to finally play it on the laptop over the weekend.

Doom VFR (PSVR) - Quite possibly the most fun I've had on the PSVR. Playing the classic levels in VR is a dream come true. Love it.

Total cleared off backlog so far: 18

Next up...
    Resident Evil 7 (PSVR) ... time to die.

Resident Evil 2 (Claire A/Leon B)

Total cleared off backlog so far
    : 8

Next Up:
    No idea

Prototype

Total cleared off backlog so far: 10

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Prototype

Total cleared off backlog so far: 10

What game was #9? ;)

Edit: ah I see you wrote 8 when u meant 9 last time :)

Yeah realised too late so didn't go back and change it.
    2 more 2 go then that's me covered for the year of an average of one a month

Good stuff. Hope the thread spurred u on. I currently playing multiple endless games but really need to get back to a completable one!

• Advertisement

Planned on getting through more and cutting out a load of tv series freed up time. So good to have somewhere to keep track.

I'm avoiding really long games, but will have to do them at some point. Also all games I play need an ending. Think last game I put loads of time into with no ending was either the Splatoon multiplayer or Mario Maker.

Advertisement