Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Minotaur boss was even more epic than the cyclops.

Steropes should be in the game tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/9x3ejq/assassins_creed_odyssey_107_patch_notes/?st=JOHL6S69&sh=1a18fedc

Patch notes

SUMMARY
    · Increased Level Cap from 50 to 70.

· Improved Photo Mode functionality (more details below).

· Added Detailed Mercenary Benefits page to the game.

· Improved Smart Loot System – it will now reward more gear of preferred playstyle.

· Added an option to the game to toggle XP and drachmae boosts on/off in the inventory.

· Addressed an issue that could prevent Mercenary Live Events from appearing.

· Addressed various issues that prevented quests from completing – including Home Sweet Home, Perikles’ Symposium, and Mother’s Prayers.

· Clothes Physics are not capped to 30FPS anymore but scale with selected graphics settings.

NEW CONTENT
    · Added support for the second Lost Tale of Greece – A Divine Intervention.

· The quest “Test of Judgment” will be available in-game upon installing version 1.0.7.

· Available from Episode 5.

· Located in Korinth, the quest will be added to the quest log once the quest giver was found.

FEATURES & IMPROVEMENTS
    NEW! Visual Gear Customization/Transmog

· Added a Visual Gear customization page to the inventory.

o This lets you change the visual appearance of gear items while keeping their original stats.

o Check out our latest article for more details on Transmog.

Visual Customization System
    uvq9nxpbgcy11.png

NEW! Detailed Mercenary Benefits page

mknzwf6egcy11.png
    · You can now access the Detailed Mercenary Benefits page from the Mercenary menu.

· The Detailed Mercenary Benefits page will showcase all Tier Benefits and their statuses (unlocked/not unlocked).

Detailed Mercenary Benefits page

NEW! Level Cap Increase to 70

· If you were Level 50 already, XP gained prior to this increase will automatically be transferred into ability points. XP gained prior the patch will not increase the Level.

Photo Mode Improvements

· Added a Contrast option, more grid types, and an option to hide headgear to the game.

· Added Fog and Bloom options

· Tilt angle increased from 45° to 90°.

· Improved auto-focus functionality.

· Improved display of liked photos on the world map.

· Added a Preview button to immediately hide the UI.

· Pressing any button when the UI is hidden will now bring the UI back automatically.

Miscellaneous:

· Discounts from Mercenary Tier benefits will now be displayed at the Blacksmith.

· Added support for future Live encounters.

· Added an option to the game to toggle XP and drachmae boosts on/off in the inventory.

· Improved hitboxes of legendary animals.

· Added some more NPCs to various NPC stations (marketplaces, tanning spots, etc.).

· Added achievement/trophy for Divine Intervention to the game.

BALANCING
    · Improved Smart Loot System – It will now reward more gear of the preferred playstyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dammit I uninstalled it ((GOTY for me)PC) 3 SSDs full......sigh santy better get me 2 4tb SSDs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,219 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Seems like a great update, lots of great quality of life features.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I'm actually mad to finish RDR2, so I can get back to this one! :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I'm actually mad to finish RDR2, so I can get back to this one! :)
    Same here, actually took a break from RDR2 last week and played Odyssey for a few days

Giving red dead 2 a break and doing the new achievements added in this and can't help myself drawing my bow to show animals and stopping to attempt to pick flowers :o

The new gear customisation system is really cool, some even have different material like cast iron and bronze

The new gear customisation system is really cool, some even have different material like cast iron and bronze

How do you customise ? Do you need to go to a black smith or can you do it from the inventory? I don;t see an option there.

• Advertisement

How do you customise ? Do you need to go to a black smith or can you do it from the inventory? I don;t see an option there.

It’s in the inventory, just hover over a gear item and press the button beside eye icon which is square on PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

"Paros must be stopped"
    "Paros must be stopped"
    "Paros must be stopped"
    "Paros must be stopped"

And on and on. Myrrine won't leave the bloody beach.

Edit: Solved it. Had to get a bounty on my head. Bring a mercenary down to beach and then when Myrrine starts attacking bring them both up to the temple construction site at the docks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Did the Complete all underwater location objectives or Unveil all sub-regions of Greece achievements or trophies glitch for anyone else?

Did the Complete all underwater location objectives or Unveil all sub-regions of Greece achievements or trophies glitch for anyone else?

For under water this got me there http://www.powerpyx.com/assassins-creed-odyssey-all-underwater-locations/

For the other one Valley of the Two Kings in Lakonia was the one I was missing. it's right of pass of the warriors on the map. Doesn't show a name and is easy to miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Might pick this up over Christmas. Can anyone tell me me if there's like a homestead you can build up/upgrade?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Might pick this up over Christmas. Can anyone tell me me if there's like a homestead you can build up/upgrade?

Nope, but there is a ship that you can upgrade (armor, weapon damage etc).
    Cracking game though

Zero-Cool wrote: »

No, but the game map is so huge that it wouldn't be worth having one anyway. Like EoinMcLovin said you can upgrade your ship though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I've never played an Assassin's Creed game before but picked this up over the weekend as it was on sale. I've since read its a grindfest with loot boxes and microtransactions constantly shoved in your face. Is this true!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I've never played an Assassin's Creed game before but picked this up over the weekend as it was on sale. I've since read its a grindfest with loot boxes and microtransactions constantly shoved in your face. Is this true!

In 90 hours I didn't have a single microtransaction pushed on me :confused:

Take a look through this thread.

I don't think you'll see much mention of MTX or loot boxes!

Did you read up on a different game? :)

• Advertisement

I've been reading through this thread since the game released (it's one of the reasons I was interested in getting the game) so when I read those comments (amazon reviews) I was surprised as I would have expected it to be mentioned on here if it were the case. Glad to hear it isn't.

I've been reading through this thread since the game released (it's one of the reasons I was interested in getting the game) so when I read those comments (amazon reviews) I was surprised as I would have expected it to be mentioned on here if it were the case. Glad to hear it isn't.

As for whether it's a grind or not, that depends on the person I feel.

I didn't think it was, and I'm still not finished the main story with more than 100 hours in! But I like AC games for their longevity, so I'd be more willing to forgive a perceived grind :)

MTXs are definitely in the game and at the start it does kind of nudge you towards the shop (eg. at one point it'll give you 200 free Helix credits to make you go into the shop to spend them and see what else is available to make you want to buy them), but after that, lootboxes and mtxs aren't noticeable in the game at all. The whole game pretty much scales to your level throughout. You'll unlock some missions that you'll be underlevelled for but there's so much side content that you'll just leave those until you do level up enough for them.

It's far less egregious than in previous AC games (AC:Unity in particular I remember was very in-your-face pushing mtxs on the players at the start). But it's barely noticeable in this game bar a few moments and features which can be easily ignored, and it never takes away from the game itself.

I'm looking forward to playing the game. I'll most likely start it after Hollow Knight. I've never played an AC game before. Apart from downloading any patches they released I'll be offline so won't see anything MTX related. I was really surprised seeing mentions of loot boxes as the game is out a while now and it was the first I'd heard of them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I dont find it too grindy at all.
    If you do you can download this mod to make custom xp boosters and increase horse speed limit :)

https://www.nexusmods.com/assassinscreedodyssey/mods/12?tab=files

Nothing is shoved in your face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I wasn't much of a heavy blunt weapon until I got Mallet of Everlasting Flame. Noone can stand against me now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I wasn't much of a heavy blunt weapon until I got Mallet of Everlasting Flame. Noone can stand against me now.

Play nightmare mode :P

Advertisement