Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards in 1939

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

How did I get connected to the internet in 1939?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

New Moderator of After Hours

Please welcome his eminence Dr John Charles McQuaid as your new moderator

Way too woke, used English words in mass,

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Imagine the etiquette thread in a world with outside, non-flushing toilets and cut up strips of newspaper in lieu of toilet roll?

This is how world wars start.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I know some people feel that Hitler goes a bit too far sometimes, but anyone who annoys the woke brigade as much as he does can't be all bad. Anyway, you can't make an omelette without cracking a few eggs. History will be kind to him, mark my words.

Say what you want about Hitler, but he says it like it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Imagine the etiquette thread in a world with outside, non-flushing toilets and cut up strips of newspaper in lieu of toilet roll?

Plenty of houses had no inside toilets until the 70s,

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Say what you want about Hitler, but he says it like it is.
    and he killed Hitler, so in fairness...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

My brother seen two birds waiting for their dates at the GPO, and one of them wore a skirt, half inch above the knee. What do you think of that my friends?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Kaybaykwah wrote: »
    My brother seen two birds waiting for their dates at the GPO, and one of them wore a skirt, half inch above the knee. What do you think of that my friends?

A wanton hussey!

None of that in Catholic Ireland.

A wanton hussey!

None of that in Catholic Ireland.

Bleedin’ roights. Purgatory would be the least of them two birds’ worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,435 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Complaining that the last “user” didn’t throw a scoop of ash down after they dropped a number in the outhouse.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

Hitler just got nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize, I knew he was a nice guy.

https://www.nobelpeacecenter.org/en/news/hitler-as-a-nobel-laureate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Simi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Rawr

Listen, I went down to the Metropol the other weekend to watch a picture and maddest thing happened on the screen. It all started off sane enough, where you had this girl in Kansas living on a farm. But suddenly this tornado turns up, throws everything around, and sure enough everything started to appear in these mad colours!

I didn't like it. It was too similar to real-life. If everything on the screen is in colour, how are you supposed to know what is real and what is fake? This Technicolor thing is just a fad to add a shilling to your ticket, and it can't last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

and when their dates arrived it was two more women , whats that all about. i wonder will the bishop read out their names from the alter on sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Achtung !

sorry just back from Berlin, it's a madhouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Fake Scores

With all the chat about nazis and slightly off topic but today is 100 year anniversary of birth of Sophie Scholl. Non-violent resistance, anti-nazi Executed by the Nazis in 1943 Sophie's last words were: "Es lebe die Freiheit" ~Long live Freedom

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

What's this then!? Oi, clip the ear get back to work ye bloody eejits else it's the wooden spoon for the lot of yous!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Gorteen

Damn Protestants!!! :D

Ladies how to pin and maintain your hairstyle overnight. Best looped napkins available. Apron patterns that look flattering, but are still serviceable. Cycling for girls, the pros and cons.

Gorteen wrote: »
    Damn Protestants!!! :D

Aye, like that Samuel Beckett fella. Another one of them scribblers who fecked off to Paris and writes in French fer Jaysus' sakes. I hear he got knifed by a pimp out there fer refusing the goods. Serves him well the bollocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

gettyimages-1230457578_wide-fd6c8dcfaf62ea59b39d2e91c6429e3962b2221d.jpeg?s=1400

AMELIA EARHART'S PLANE WAS HIJACKED REMOTELY BY DEEP STATE OPERATIVES, ladies and gentlemen.

How many pounds, shilling and pence are those 2RN presenters on? It’s a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

I posted in my thread reply by mail and waited for a week to see it added only to get a letter back from the mods with a card and saying the reply has been binned as it doesn't meet their standards.

I've lost two weeks waiting to make my point, isn't there a better way?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,435 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

rizzodun wrote: »
    I posted in my thread reply by mail and waited for a week to see it added only to get a letter back from the mods with a card and saying the reply has been binned as it doesn't meet their standards.

I've lost two weeks waiting to make my point, isn't there a better way?

florinf-thanks-simple-800px.png

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

If there is a war against Hitler and we remain neutral, will Irish people who join the British army continue to be vilified by people here or will there be an amnesty, so to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,370 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Twitter says it won't ban Hitler's account

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Haha, very good.

Took a minute for it to sink in.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Viva la Benito Mussolini

Viva Italia

Viva La Vida

• Registered Users Posts: 23,370 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The Japanese. A great bunch of lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Fake Scores

Young couples are being edged out if the market.
    Anecdotally we hear of daily commutes from Stillorgan and Raheny!