Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Canelo V BJ Saunders - Texas - DAZN - May 8th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,549 ✭✭✭✭walshb

x PyRo wrote: »
    I honestly think BJS has a serious chance of outboxing him - and think he's very underrated by many - whether he can keep it up for the full 12, God knows. Maybe I'm an idiot. I probably am an idiot. :pac:

Looking forward to it though.

Canelo is an excellent boxer as well as boxer/fighter...

Saunders will land next to nothing on offence, unless Canelo is so nonchalant and simply does not care what Suanders hits him with

It will be a walk down quit job beating....

eazy night...Saunders cannot outbox Canelo, or outfight him

Run, hold, spoil and pitter patter until he gets taken out, or loses very wide on the cards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

walshb wrote: »
    Canelo is an excellent boxer as well as boxer/fighter...

Saunders will land next to nothing on offence, unless Canelo is so nonchalant and simply does not care what Suanders hits him with

It will be a walk down quit job beating....

eazy night...Saunders cannot outbox Canelo, or outfight him

Run, hold, spoil and pitter patter until he gets taken out, or loses very wide on the cards

I do think Saunders has more than most give him credit for but just think Canelo will really be too much for him.

Looking forward to it, will even sign up to DAZN incase i nod off so i can get the replay next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,506 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

BJs is a very good boxer but for whatever reasons he just never got his career going at the very top end ,( I know he is a world champion)

Down to himself and sometimes others he never got enough quality opponents to really kick on ,
    He kind a built himself up but then never took the final step to fighting top tier guys consistently ,

BJs is a very good boxer but for whatever reasons he just never got his career going at the very top end ,( I know he is a world champion)

Down to himself and sometimes others he never got enough quality opponents to really kick on ,
    He kind a built himself up but then never took the final step to fighting top tier guys consistently ,

Yes

Good mover and boxer.....juts no wins against world class opposition....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I have 50 on Canelo to win. I would love to see Saunders do it, but I just can't see it happening. BJS certainly does get up for the occasion but Canelo has been mixing with a much higher class of opponent for a much longer period of time. Hard to think that BJS, who crash dieted to get down to weight /really hasn't been active enough / has been competing against lower level opponents, will cause him any issues.

• Advertisement

I have 50 on Canelo to win. I would love to see Saunders do it, but I just can't see it happening. BJS certainly does get up for the occasion but Canelo has been mixing with a much higher class of opponent for a much longer period of time. Hard to think that BJS, who crash dieted to get down to weight /really hasn't been active enough / has been competing against lower level opponents, will cause him any issues.

Just me or has Canelo head and jaw grown year on year while still managing to be chiselled

The Mexican beef is some powerful stuff ,

Just me or has Canelo head and jaw grown year on year while still managing to be chiselled

The Mexican beef is some powerful stuff ,

That you, Billy Joe?

This is exactly what Saunders (a drugs cheat) will say when he's laid out!!!

That you, Billy Joe?

No excuses he's a far better boxer & fighter but he does look to have grown

No excuses he's a far better boxer & fighter but he does look to have grown

He has grown....it happens....you mature and fill out as you age..

Blocky and stocky build....

Still a small SMW fighter....

Canelo is a 160 lbs fighter really....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Betway offering 2/1 on a Canelo finish. Seems tasty to me, although there will be a stake limit on that price.

Would love to see a good competitive fight, but don't think we will. Fancy Saul to dominate and eventually take him out.

Nice to see the support act being a world title fight between Soto and Katayama at flyweight. Should be a good one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

any good match ups for the undercard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

zweton wrote: »
    any good match ups for the undercard?

Just looking at the weigh ins. Don't know any of the undercard at all. You would have thought that they would have had at least one other star on the bill given the massive main event and first time 70k in a stadium. No idea why they didn't stack the card.

Saunders very confident in the face off. He's got massive confidence, but I think this is a bridge too far for him. And a bridge too far for everybody tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

That you, Billy Joe?

Stop sitting on the fence, walshy, ffs.

Tell us who you think will win ;-D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Few very good prospects being shown in the early fights from 10.30pm. Keyshawn Davis the standout.

https://twitter.com/EddieHearn/status/1391059915423326210?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭squinn2912

How the he’ll do you get DAZN?! Is there a Sky Q app or channel? Saunders looks in great shape anyhow so I’m gonna have a look at Canelo to stop him after 6. I fancy round 8 but it’s hard to pick the round

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

squinn2912 wrote: »
    How the he’ll do you get DAZN?! Is there a Sky Q app or channel? Saunders looks in great shape anyhow so I’m gonna have a look at Canelo to stop him after 6. I fancy round 8 but it’s hard to pick the round

Think its in the app store is it?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

It’s a steaming site

Google it and register from there..

DAZN.com I think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,708 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

App Store, Smart TVs, Games Consoles, Fire stick, Chromecast etc. It's harder to not get it to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 11,238 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

There is a free month for Dazn if you sign up...might be worth doing the month and then cancelling it after. I really only want to watch this fight.

There is a free month for Dazn if you sign up...might be worth doing the month and then cancelling it after. I really only want to watch this fight.

Yes, if it’s not free, fook it.

Damn robbin bastids and their 2 euro!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,238 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Yes, if it’s not free, fook it.

Damn robbin bastids and their 2 euro!!!

It is $20 a month subscription. If the fight alone is just 2 then I will do that of course.

*Note, I live in Canada, so it might be a different subscription policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 SuperBW

Saunders to win on points. I will be back tomorrow to tell you all I told you so.

SuperBW wrote: »
    Saunders to win on points. I will be back tomorrow to tell you all I told you so.

We’ll never hear from you again!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,083 ✭✭✭✭blade1

That's the spirit Billy Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

What time will the fight start.? (Irish time) Thanks.

washman3 wrote: »

04:45 - 05:15

washman3 wrote: »

They're saying 4am. DAZN have been decent getting fights to start on scheduled time in the past so hopefully not much later than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,646 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I think it'll go thr distance and it'll be close

BJS is a lot better than he is getting credit for here that's for sure

Cyrus wrote: »
    I think it'll go thr distance and it'll be close

BJS is a lot better than he is getting credit for here that's for sure

But he hasn’t shown anything against proper world class opposition for people to say how he’ll fare here..

He could show it later, but until he does, I don’t see it as odd, or unfair to him to have him a clear underdog..

He gets credit for what he has shown to in his career, not what he may or could show.

• Advertisement

Loads of money going on Saunders all day with the bookies. Canelo price come in a good bit.

Advertisement