Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Canelo V BJ Saunders - Texas - DAZN - May 8th

• 03-05-2021 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭

Well folks

How do we see this playing out this weekend?
    Some seem to think BJS will give Canelo problems. I can't see it at all.

Going for Canelo KO in the championship rounds.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,549 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I can’t see any real problems for Canelo, andI think it finishes inside the distance...

Might even be a quit job or feign injury job, with Saunders nowhere in the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Can’t see how Saunders will keep Canelo at bay, hasn’t got the power to stop himself getting walked down. Canelo inside 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Saunders seems to be doubting himself. A 20ft ring isn't fair apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

walshb wrote: »
    I can’t see any real problems for Canelo, andI think it finishes inside the distance...

Might even be a quit job or feign injury job, with Saunders nowhere in the fight.

He might be doing a quit job before the fight

https://twitter.com/MichaelBensonn/status/1389614217054011397

He might be doing a quit job before the fight

https://twitter.com/MichaelBensonn/status/1389614217054011397

If they manage to sort the ring size out, I am sure Billy could probably catch Covid-19 or something; failing this, he forgets his gumshield and can't box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

Seen him talk about this fight being for his Legacy, maybe he should of thought about his legacy when he paid a drug addict to hit a man on the street, or when he did a video on how to hit your wife or the time he had his son punch Willie Munroe in the balls or the time he slagged of Barry Mcguigan on the death of his daughter and called him a rat or the time he pretended that 3 people had covid and got them removed from a flight.

Genuinely hope Canelo punches him around the ring.

Morrison J wrote: »
    Saunders seems to be doubting himself. A 20ft ring isn't fair apparently.

And moaning about judges as well...

Moaning from the start about getting a fair shake

Talking about fairness, yet wanting a British judge in the fight

STFU, get in the ring and box........and try and win....

I still am waiting for anyone to show me one decision that was unfairly in Canelo favor his whole career, apart from maybe the draw card v Floyd

GGG fights were not unfair......the 118-110 card fight 1 was controversial, but neither fight result was unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

Always felt he struggled against Lara and he got the nod that night.

Always felt he struggled against Lara and he got the nod that night.

He struggled. But beat him...

Close fight...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

And moaning about judges as well...

Moaning from the start about getting a fair shake

Talking about fairness, yet wanting a British judge in the fight

STFU, get in the ring and box........and try and win....

I still am waiting for anyone to show me one decision that was unfairly in Canelo favor his whole career, apart from maybe the draw card v Floyd

GGG fights were not unfair......the 118-110 card fight 1 was controversial, but neither fight result was unfair.

Totally agree!

As much as I'd love to see Canelo beat the pi$$ out of bjs.

I think Canelo telling him to accept a tiny ring or **** off is even funnier.

Imagine walking away from a career high purse over the size of a ring....

I thought these gypsies where "fighting men" and would fight anywhere???

Clearly not, the big fanny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

It's fairly pathetic when you hear it alright, the whining and looking for a way out.

Reminds me of fury actually complaining about the ring for the Klitschko fight, can't even remember if it was too soft/ hard, springy/not springy that was the issue now.

Just get in and do your job, snacks of BJS knowing inside he has no answers for the problem that will.stand in front of him.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 20,506 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Lads I think your all falling for BJS playing a bit of a game here

From day one Canelo has and always has everything his own way , its literally never a fair playing field with him he tries eveyr trick in the book t out you off with little things,

I actually think Billy knew this would happen and he's just playing Canelo at his own game, |As it stand he is the only one who knows if he is going to fight our not ( he will ) and he is leaving Canelo in a bit of limbo of not being in control something Saul always has to be,

Will it matter come Saturday probably not but its 100% just mind game from BJS , We can all agree he has little chance of just out boxing him so why not be a bollox

I say fair play to him for at least trying to many people are just happy to get the fight with Canelo and don't care about what happens,

It's fairly pathetic when you hear it alright, the whining and looking for a way out.

Reminds me of fury actually complaining about the ring for the Klitschko fight, can't even remember if it was too soft/ hard, springy/not springy that was the issue now.

Just get in and do your job, snacks of BJS knowing inside he has no answers for the problem that will.stand in front of him.

I will say the Fury one was a legitimate complaint , Even had the lads ring side get In the ring and all agreed with Fury , Wlad tried to take the legs away form him ,

Again though its about taking control away form these lads who are so used to having every single little thing go there way,

I understand the game they play, it doesn't change how I view it - to me its pathetic.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

I understand the game they play, it doesn't change how I view it - to me its pathetic.

I like most under people do not like BJS as a man ………..but Canelo like Wald, Floyd and so on before him always have to have every little thing there own way and put up so many small issues in place for the boxer's and the teams they face its always good to see someone being a d*ck back to them ,

If your supposed to be the best P4P in the world why not just give BJS what he wants and give him no excuses to make, Canelo won't because its about control & ego ,

So as much as BJS is an absolute horrible man I think what he is doing is right,,( if it was a nice guy I think everyone would agree with this stunt)

It is what it is, they all try to play to advantage - v GGG Canelo wanted a bigger ring, v Saunders he wants a smaller one - no surprise really. I don't think these power plays have any impact on fighters like Floyd or Canelo, sure they will try to work the situation to their advantage as much as possible, their teams more so but ultimately whether its in a phone box or a farm BJS does not beat Canelo.

I believe its been sorted now either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

So seems general consesus is Canelo for the win and Saunders will show despite the BS about the ring size.

Hopefully a good fight, is the fight card any good? Haven't looked at it at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Apparently Chris Eubank Junior has placed a 10,000 pound bet on BJS to get knocked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Sheridan81 wrote: »
    Apparently Chris Eubank Junior has placed a 10,000 pound bet on BJS to get knocked out.

Saw that - thought it was very funny. Hope it happens, what's his beef with Saunders I wonder?

I just want to see saunders lose due to his head being stuck up a kinahan hole

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Butson

Looking like a 4a.m job.

In fairness to Dazn, it will be ready to watch straight away for those that miss the alarm (for whatever reason).

• Advertisement

I like most under people do not like BJS as a man ………..but Canelo like Wald, Floyd and so on before him always have to have every little thing there own way and put up so many small issues in place for the boxer's and the teams they face its always good to see someone being a d*ck back to them ,

If your supposed to be the best P4P in the world why not just give BJS what he wants and give him no excuses to make, Canelo won't because its about control & ego ,

So as much as BJS is an absolute horrible man I think what he is doing is right,,( if it was a nice guy I think everyone would agree with this stunt)

Nice man not nice man..

I couldn’t care. Bullsh1t excuse after excuse

Get in and fight, you windbag..

If Canelo pulled it I’d be the same..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Sheridan81 wrote: »

Placed it at 8pm on Saturday night when he was meant to be boxing.

Re: the ring. Is this not agreed during the discussions and written into the contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Milanative

theres literally no way for saunders to win he doesnt even have a punchers chance with those feathers he throws and thats not including the fact canelo had an absolute granite chin

Nice man not nice man..

I couldn’t care. Bullsh1t excuse after excuse

Get in and fight, you windbag..

If Canelo pulled it I’d be the same..

Canelo is pulling it ?

It was him who had an 18ft ring to begin with , If you recall he pulled the same **** but the other way around with GGG,

Canelo pulls **** like this every single fight from his rehydration clause to all kinds of small stuff ,

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Butson

Carl Froch and Roy Jones Jnr on commentary.

Thank God for that.

Canelo is pulling it ?

It was him who had an 18ft ring to begin with , If you recall he pulled the same **** but the other way around with GGG,

Canelo pulls **** like this every single fight from his rehydration clause to all kinds of small stuff ,

Saunders is the one moaning and making excuses

Right from the get go.....even before the fight was sealed he was on about "getting a fair shake."

End of

They both fight in the same fooking boxing ring....

12 rounds of 3 minutes

Of course there will be little details that are teased and ironed out...that is life...

Get in and fight, and stfu moaning....

Saunders is the one moaning and making excuses

Right from the get go.....even before the fight was sealed he was on about "getting a fair shake."

End of

They both fight in the same fooking boxing ring....

12 rounds of 3 minutes

Of course there will be little details that are teased and ironed out...that is life...

Get in and fight, and stfu moaning....

Because he knew Canelo has form for it ,

Canelo wanted the bigger ring against GGG and now its him who wants the smaller one ?

As much as we all dislike BJS he is correct to stand his ground ,

Remember it's Canelo making the changes ,

Because he knew Canelo has form for it ,

Canelo wanted the bigger ring against GGG and now its him who wants the smaller one ?

As much as we all dislike BJS he is correct to stand his ground ,

Remember it's Canelo making the changes ,

Sorry, that is nonsense...Unless you have access to the written contracts and all that they entail?

BJS is a whinger...end of

It's a boxing match...biggest payday of his career

He knows he hasn't a prayer and is using any excuse to try and justify this

And you have fallen for it....defending this nonsense....

Canelo said it himself; he has been full of excuses.....

And it has been shown to be excuses and nonsense, as the fight is ON!!!

And what has liking or not liking Saunders got to do with anything? Can we not just call BS no matter who is bullsh1tting?

Sorry, that is nonsense...Unless you have access to the written contracts and all that they entail?

BJS is a whinger...end of

It's a boxing match...biggest payday of his career

He knows he hasn't a prayer and is using any excuse to try and justify this

And you have fallen for it....defending this nonsense....

Canelo said it himself; he has been full of excuses.....

And it has been shown to be excuses and nonsense, as the fight is ON!!!

And what has liking or not liking Saunders got to do with anything? Can we not just call BS no matter who is bullsh1tting?

To be clear the whole thing is nonsense yes i agree with that

What I'm saying is because its Canelo who has tried acting the bollox for this fight like he does for every other fight then I see no problem with BJS or whoever it happened to be being a bollox back

Canelo does this every fight nice to see someone anyone be a f*cker back to him .

• Advertisement

To be clear the whole thing is nonsense yes i agree with that

What I'm saying is because its Canelo who has tried acting the bollox for this fight like he does for every other fight then I see no problem with BJS or whoever it happened to be being a bollox back

Canelo does this every fight nice to see someone anyone be a f*cker back to him .

The whole thing is not a nonsense

BJS and his excuses are the nonsense

And you trying to defend it and justify it, with respect, is nonsense..

The fight is ON.....And this proves that Saunders is just a messer and moaner

Advertisement