Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Feeding

2»

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,335 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Aptamil do the large pre-made bottles that are maybe 750ml or something? I think they are good in the fridge for 24 hours once opened or something like that.

More expensive but much, much easier for the first stages while things are a bit erratic. Especially if your baby is like ours was and would happily drink it cold out of the fridge!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Paul Pogba wrote: »
    Yes definitely stage 1. Went to 4 shops Sunday , all sold out of apatamil. Wanted some as back up only. Like I said, first time parents to a one week old. We’re not perfect.

No parent is perfect, we’re all just doing the best we know how. It was just when you mentioned discounts I was worried you had bought stage 2 and not realised there was a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Paul Pogba wrote:
    Yes definitely stage 1. Went to 4 shops Sunday , all sold out of apatamil. Wanted some as back up only. Like I said, first time parents to a one week old. We’re not perfect.

None of us are perfect and it sounds like you're doing great! Totally understandable to buy any different formula when Aptamil was sold out, but I would say to stick wth the SMA now that you've switched, unless you just used it temporarily and are back using Aptamil then stick with that.. basically just stick with one, whatever one you choose.

It is so so so hard to have everything sorted. I had my second baby in September and came home from hospital with only one 90ml ready made bottle, steriliser wasnt even set up and this was having known the arrival date due to a scheduled C section. I just hoped to breastfeed and for the second time that didn't work for me and I hadn't prepared myself for bottle feeding. We use Hipp formula which is often hard to source so I try to buy 3 at a time if there are plenty on the shelves and I go and buy more once I've opened our last box. You will get into a rhythm of what you need and how often you need it, take it one day at a time, and week after week you will start to find it getting slightly less overwhelming. Sounds like baby is happy and that is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭starlady1

Paul Pogba wrote: »

If you can't get it in the shops, your local chemist should be able to get it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hope ye are all doing great OP!!! God there are so many ins and outs of the bottles, but plan it whatever works for ye.. My tuppence would be defo make the bottles up in one go to save ye time...And the boiling of the water, we used to just fill the kettle or put however much fresh water we needed (tap water) to make up the bottle.

Boil it let it stand for a few mins, pour into the bottles and make up all the feeds in one go... Store and warm up when needed or just give them at room temp.. Will say it is important to use hot water and not cooled completely boiled water, as for reasons others have stated..

Would not worry to much about the brands either most of them are the same, used SMA for both of ours and non of this follow on milk, just went from 1 - 2

• Advertisement
Advertisement