Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Driving car with no insurance disk

Options
  • 02-05-2021 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Hey my girlfriend bought a car while waiting to sit her theory test the car has nct and tax and my insurance will cover me to drive. But I went through a check point and showed them my policy and he just said to get a disc as its an offence to drive without a disk on display. Any solution here ? Could I photocopy the dick from my car and put it in ? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

lovebirds wrote: »
    Hey my girlfriend bought a car while waiting to sit her theory test the car has nct and tax and my insurance will cover me to drive. But I went through a check point and showed them my policy and he just said to get a disc as its an offence to drive without a disk on display. Any solution here ? Could I photocopy the dick from my car and put it in ? Thanks

It is an offence to display a disc on any vehicle other than the one it is designated for.

Insuring the vehicle is the only way to get an appropriate disc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

lovebirds wrote: »
    Could I photocopy the dick from my car and put it in ?
    Emmm....Worth a try I suppose?

On a serious notw, Are you sure it will cover you to drive a car that doesn't have any insurance at all? Any policies I have had only covered me to drive another car provided that car was already insured.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It’s only a small few companies that require the car to be separately insured.
    Worth checking all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,327 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Any policies I have had only covered me to drive another car provided that car was already insured.

Aviva and Liberty are the only insurers with that condition in their policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sdfsdfdf

Allianz does not cover drivers under 25 (driving other cars).

• Advertisement
Advertisement