Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who is Boards Software Ltd?

• 27-04-2021 9:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭

Just noticed the notice.
    Who are our new overlords? Don't need to know the names obviously but curious about the new ownership.

Thank you.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi Kivaro, the announcement was actually made in December but you might have missed it. You can read more information on it here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058143719

Thanks for the heads up by the way, I think I will add a link to the announcement in the notice for anyone else who missed it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Hi Kivaro, the announcement was actually made in December but you might have missed it. You can read more information on it here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058143719

Thanks for the heads up by the way, I think I will add a link to the announcement in the notice for anyone else who missed it too.

Thanks Niamh. I did indeed miss it.
    Had a quick look at your link. Sounds promising.

Would agree about the Subscription comment on that thread. I think more people would subscribe if there other other options, and if it was a little easier to subscribe. And if there was an anonymous option. For example, subscribe anonymously and you will receive a one-time token that would give you the benefits of a subscriber. Then while you might be visibly seen as a subscriber, your contribution would not be tied to a real name etc.
    Hope that makes sense, which comes from a privacy aspect more than anything else. And if that is not possible, just the option to subscribe anonymously without member benefits would be fine too.

Advertisement