Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I have to generate a toc for my y/e project, its made me so anxious ppl would think I was having to deal with nuclear material.
    I've been using tec since ppl had to type commands into the screen.

TA the impact of old-fashioned teaching methods used in stressful modern conditions and their impact on me.
    Ta2 I've asked ppl for help on this, they told me to watch a video! cause that helps when I have NO memory and my handwriting is more illegible than ever.
    TA3 ppl who mention this video konw the facts in ta2.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,663 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

They were probably typing for longer than you.
    It drives me mad when I post something or Tweets something and the same basic reply is above mine.

No. I always assume this, then I check the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,144 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Been ringing around barbers looking for an appointment. Booked up till at least next week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Local Tesco added 4 card only tills to their self service area that had 3 card or cash tills already. Now you'll see a queue starting when the 3 original tills are in use. People either want to pay cash but mostly its because they don't know what the new card machines are for. Not too bad if the operator looking after the area asks those in the queue if they want to pay by card and points them in the right direction.
    Other times the operator is either talking or off somewhere.
    Yesterday I arrived and saw a queue of four and four free card onllies. So I went straight to one which prompted the operator to see if anyone was paying by card which got the other 3 in use.

A Tesco express I visit sometimes has got one manned (personned?) checkout and two self service. The queue starts at the end of one aisle but you'll get people who won't use the self service blocking anyone who wants to. If you're one or two behind in the narrow aisle you can't actually see if they're free. Then you'll have people who'll start a queue at the manned checkout if they see people using the self service ones assuming the other queue is for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Starter cord broke on my lawnmower when I pulled it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

blade1 wrote: »
    Starter cord broke on my lawnmower when I pulled it.

blade1 : starter cord 0

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭blade1

blade1 : starter cord 0

Edward Scissorhands :rolleyes:

Then when I was taking it apart, one of the nuts I was loosening just kept spinning so getting that off took longer than anything.

All done now

IMG-20210423-143531.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

A relative posted a clip of her daughter singing (on FB)
    And quoted that much abused saying “there are no words”
    Well, there are....it’s sh1te!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Bredabe wrote: »
    I have to generate a toc for my y/e project, its made me so anxious ppl would think I was having to deal with nuclear material.
    I've been using tec since ppl had to type commands into the screen.

TA the impact of old-fashioned teaching methods used in stressful modern conditions and their impact on me.
    Ta2 I've asked ppl for help on this, they told me to watch a video! cause that helps when I have NO memory and my handwriting is more illegible than ever.
    TA3 ppl who mention this video konw the facts in ta2.
    ......And I was right, auto-generate shredded the formatting in the doc and changed all the spacings in it, put in over an hour to just line up the toc. It looked like a sh*tshow going in.
    I can hear the marks coming down already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

When somebody kindly offers you advice or recommends a product you should try but you decide it's not for you. I feel this weird pressure to buy it even though I don't want it.
    In M&S today a really nice lady was showing me the pjama section. I don't like fleece or warm pjama bottoms, i like to be cool in bed and often wear shorts. I hate loose ended trousers too, don't like the way they flap about.
    She was so friendly and could see im pregnant. She even opened the packet so I could feel the soft material. She was saying I'm telling you, you can't go wrong with these for comfort, you'll live in them. I hate that material and yet moments later I found myself at the till paying 28 euro for a pjama set I don't want and will never wear!
    TA that I'm not assertive enough sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Porklife wrote: »
    When somebody kindly offers you advice or recommends a product you should try but you decide it's not for you. I feel this weird pressure to buy it even though I don't want it.
    In M&S today a really nice lady was showing me the pjama section. I don't like fleece or warm pjama bottoms, i like to be cool in bed and often wear shorts. I hate loose ended trousers too, don't like the way they flap about.
    She was so friendly and could see im pregnant. She even opened the packet so I could feel the soft material. She was saying I'm telling you, you can't go wrong with these for comfort, you'll live in them. I hate that material and yet moments later I found myself at the till paying 28 euro for a pjama set I don't want and will never wear!
    TA that I'm not assertive enough sometimes.

Is M&S open for clothes shopping?! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Porky breaking all the shopping restrictions to treat herself with new clothes while the rest of us have tattered rags barely covering our bosoms.

Call the cops!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,318 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who stand 2m apart on opposite sides of the footpath while they have the chats, requiring you to walk directly between them to pass. Stand 2m apart side by side, ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,913 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The dog went missing in the woods earlier.

She went darting after birds into the overgrowth ahead of us, but panic started to set in when she wasn't responding to our calls. I went searching in the general direction she went to no avail.

I'm sure she was only gone five minutes but it definitely felt longer when she finally came running back breathless. I assume she got confused in her surroundings, but at least she got frightened enough not to do it again.

Antares35 wrote: »
    Is M&S open for clothes shopping?! :)

The one on Grafton street is half open:)
    The denim section is open, sports wear and the nightwear.

May I recommend the fleece pjamas for 28 euro? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,060 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The one on Grafton street is half open:)
    The denim section is open, sports wear and the nightwear.

May I recommend the fleece pjamas for 28 euro? :p

My husband needed trousers last week. All the trousers in Dunnes were cordoned off
    I ask a manager if I could access the trousers
    “ are they essential Madam “
    Yes I said they sure are at this stage !
    “ in you go so Madam ! “

I could have bought pyjamas but not trousers !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

When you post something in a thread and ten minutes later another poster says exactly the same thing but using more words.

Why?

Happened twice the last few days.

Kinda embarrassed for myself on this one...

When you make a point on a thread and it gets no likes.

A mod makes the exact same point a few minutes later and gets a gazillion likes.

If you're looking for me you'll find me in the school yard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭Archeron

Linked in becoming even more like Facebook. Sadly I have to use it for work, and I'm used to the webinar invites, professional certs, industry ads etc, that's what it's for I guess. but seems every single post now features a picture of a puppy/immigrant child /field of flowers telling me in some weird way that I really am great/special/loved. No harm in that of course, but not on a bloody loop constantly.

Some random dudes happy floaty reposts kept appearing at the top of my page, even though I wasnt connected to him. I had to block him to stop them appearing. Then linked in give me a simple five million question survey to fill out to explain myself. FOOOOOOK OFFFFFFF.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,429 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    My husband needed trousers last week. All the trousers in Dunnes were cordoned off
    “ in you go so Madam ! “

I had to contact my pants guy a couple of times recently.

Thankfully, he knows my measurements so everything was dealt with in the safest manner. I got a nice new pair of Meyer M5 “regular fit” jeans and Meyer “New York” chinos.

Win win.

The tide is turning…

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    “ in you go so Madam ! “

It makes no sense! You can buy pjamas and a sports bra but you can't buy a dress or pair of shoes. Personally, I'd consider shoes a helluva lot more essential than lycra!
    The sections are right beside each other too. Shoes randomly cordoned off but you can maul your way through dressing gowns and slippers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Kinda embarrassed for myself on this one...

When you make a point on a thread and it gets no likes.

A mod makes the exact same point a few minutes later and gets a gazillion likes.

If you're looking for me you'll find me in the school yard :D

There is a term for this, that Twitter users take very seriously for some reason; it's called getting "ratioed" or "ratio'd". It's a TA in and of itself.

I'm also TA that it isn't even a fúcking word and it's fully acceptable yet when I misspell a word by mistake it's ALL THAT MATTERS.

I'd rather have my name slagged at that point (I share a name with a British MP).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭Archeron

It makes no sense! You can buy pjamas and a sports bra but you can't buy a dress or pair of shoes. Personally, I'd consider shoes a helluva lot more essential than lycra!
    The sections are right beside each other too. Shoes randomly cordoned off but you can maul your way through dressing gowns and slippers!

I once went to buy cushion covers, but this was not allowed as they are non essential. However, I could buy a cushion with a cushion cover on it, so that's what I did. I may sell the cover less cushions on adverts.

TA that cushions are surprisingly expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

There is a term for this, that Twitter users take very seriously for some reason; it's called getting "ratioed" or "ratio'd". It's a TA in and of itself.

I'm also TA that it isn't even a fúcking word and it's fully acceptable yet when I misspell a word by mistake it's ALL THAT MATTERS.

I'd rather have my name slagged at that point (I share a name with a British MP).

Hi Boris :p

Archeron wrote: »
    I once went to buy cushion covers, but this was not allowed as they are non essential. However, I could buy a cushion with a cushion cover on it, so that's what I did. I may sell the cover less cushions on adverts.

TA that cushions are surprisingly expensive.

You could hang around outside that shop covertly selling cushion covers, nudging people on the way in...ppssttt listen..they'll tell you covers are not essential but I've got silk, wool, animal print, keep it on the downlow..

I've no headboard on my bed which is a Ta but I thought I'll just buy loads of cushions and pile them up. Who knew cushions are like 20 euro each!! Even in Lidl they're about 8 euro a pop. Screw that!

Hi Boris :p

At this stage I wish it was fcking Boris 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭oneweb

Mobile apps that get progressively worse with every update, whether it be the interface, connection problems or just something that was previously perfect being found by the developers and them going "hey, we haven't touched that in a while, let's fack it up!" :rolleyes:

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

I dont use a pc very often as i dont have much need, yesterday i had cause to use it for tje first time since updating to the free windows 10 last year. Holey crap on a stick its woefully brutal & im glad i dont use it often.

TA that android isn't a readily available option for pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Neighbour out with a chainsaw at 8:30 on a Saturday morning :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,663 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

At this stage I wish it was fcking Boris 😂

I don't blame you Priti!

• Advertisement

Ah I love the sound of D-I-Y on a Saturday morning. :rolleyes:

Might take advantage of the weather and just fúck off out for the entire day with no intent on where. I just want to get away from this piece of shít next door. I'm starting to think he's just doing it as a hobby now at this stage.

Do yourself a favour: if you're going to move anywhere, don't live in a house next to someone that has any sort of trade in carpentry. Just avoid it. You'll thank yourself and keep your sanity in check.

I love everything about where I live except this one díckhead.

Advertisement