Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommee tippee steam steriliser issue

• 14-04-2021 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, we have one of the above. Issue is that when I press play, the light goes out after c. 5 secs and the element stops. It might take 2 or 3 goes before the light stays on and the unit works. Instructions are lost with all the commotion a newborn brings - anyone have any idea if I’m doing something wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Is it brand new? If so I'd return it. If its not new maybe you need to descale or are you putting in the correct amount of water? Emptying the previous water out from the time before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

andreac wrote: »
    Is it brand new? If so I'd return it. If its not new maybe you need to descale or are you putting in the correct amount of water? Emptying the previous water out from the time before?

Yes, brand new. It’s more annoying than anything to be honest so we’ll probably just put up with it. Receipt is probably wrapped up in a dirty nappy anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

This used to happen with ours too, we just had to press the button twice, not sure why. I bought mine in 2017 though, not sure if it’s the same model.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

For ours to work we have to press the button twice in quick succession. We received it second hand and have always had to do this.

Not sure if it's a fault or not but works fine then and she's 16 months so we're not going to buy a new one.

Advertisement