Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flat is here 2021

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Any thoughts on whether or not Lucky Vega will stay in the 2000?
    Screams as overpriced based on his extremely unlucky running behind Wembley, Thunder Moon, Masters of the Sea, and St Marks Basilica.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭deeks

deeks wrote: »
    I hope you're right. I'm on St Marks Basilica at 33/1 since the day before the Dewhurst last year. Always thought he had loads of ability if he could put it all together from his first career start and backed him for the Guineas in the hopes it would work out well in the Dewhurst which it did.

My fancy ante post docket just went up in smoke - St Marks Basilica not declared :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Going to France for their guineas is the rumour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Any thoughts on whether or not Lucky Vega will stay in the 2000?
    Screams as overpriced based on his extremely unlucky running behind Wembley, Thunder Moon, Masters of the Sea, and St Marks Basilica.

He has some serious 2yo form, but he's been knocking around with 6f sprinters as a 2yo for a reason. He went back in trip from the 7f of the National Stakes to the 6f of the Middle Park. Middle Park horses don't tend to win 2,000 Guineas.

There's a few ways of looking at his pedigree. He is one of 5 siblings who have run for their dam. 4 of those including Lucky Vega have earned their best ratings at 6f. One of those siblings was best at 1m 3f, he was by Dawn Approach and had a DI of 1.00. Lucky Vega has a DI of 1.59 which puts him in the sprinter-miler category.

On balance it's not likely that he would be best over a stiff mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

tryfix wrote: »
    He has some serious 2yo form, but he's been knocking around with 6f sprinters as a 2yo for a reason. He went back in trip from the 7f of the National Stakes to the 6f of the Middle Park. Middle Park horses don't tend to win 2,000 Guineas.

There's a few ways of looking at his pedigree. He is one of 5 siblings who have run for their dam. 4 of those including Lucky Vega have earned their best ratings at 6f. One of those siblings was best at 1m 3f, he was by Dawn Approach and had a DI of 1.00. Lucky Vega has a DI of 1.59 which puts him in the sprinter-miler category.

On balance it's not likely that he would be best over a stiff mile.

I was hoping you'd answer this one :pac: Thanks!

• Advertisement

I was hoping you'd answer this one :pac: Thanks!

At least he has the speed to get involved :pac: There's no knowing until he runs, Jessica wouldn't fill ya with confidence about him staying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭kksaints

Kentucky Derby on later tonight. Essential Quality is the favourite and he's unbeaten in five races

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭scooby77

kksaints wrote: »
    Kentucky Derby on later tonight. Essential Quality is the favourite and he's unbeaten in five races

Churchill Downs not coming up on my Paddy Power....anyone know why?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

scooby77 wrote: »
    Churchill Downs not coming up on my Paddy Power....anyone know why?

Them/Betfair don't have it. Boyles had it

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭deeks

My fancy ante post docket just went up in smoke - St Marks Basilica not declared :(

All the more gutted now that he missed Newmarket. Thought that was very impressive considering he met quite a bit of barging early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

All the more gutted now that he missed Newmarket. Thought that was very impressive considering he met quite a bit of barging early.

You'd wonder why they missed Newmarket with him the way Wembley ran.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Slattsy wrote: »
    You'd wonder why they missed Newmarket with him the way Wembley ran.

Either not ready or want him to stand in France I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Either not ready or want him to stand in France I'd say

Or, and maybe the most obvious answer; Wembley ran well below expectations.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Or, and maybe the most obvious answer; Wembley ran well below expectations.

The 2,000 Guineas was a messed up race won by horses drawn 4, 2, 3.

The winner Poetic Flare was beaten in France. Until there's more proof it would be wise to not take the 2,000 form too seriously.

EDIT: Poetic Flare gets his chance to prove his French form wrong in the Irish 2,000 and there's every chance that Bolger's bold move will be rewarded.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Any fancies for the Irish Guineas. Forecast looks bad coming up to the weekend. Might chance Macswiney who is proven on soft/heavy

Advertisement