Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Milkrounds 20/21

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭caius97

AA247 wrote: »
    Pinsent Masons PFOs out

Can someone explain what PFO means? Lol I'm new to this process...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hillary_2314

caius97 wrote: »

I’m not quite sure what it actually stands for but I think it means a rejection letter/email

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jeremiah25

It means, in polite terms, Please F off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 toby_mc

Has everyone heard from MHC? They were one of the first ones to close applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 arubamuuu

Haven't heard back from ByrneWallance, Pinsent Masons or RDJ. Heard back from Philip Lee - offered a 12 month contract/internship to be assessed for training contract in Dec 2021.
    Was worrying about the others but good to know i'm in the same boat as the rest!! :)

What did you submit as an example of recent written work? I never applied to Philip Lee because it's been a while since I done any academic writing and didn't know what to use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Fe1forthefun

Does anyone else get really disheartened everytime they get a PFO? I wish they weren't sending them out during the fe1s.

Anyone hear anything from Freshfields or Hayes?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭law987

Does anyone else get really disheartened everytime they get a PFO? I wish they weren't sending them out during the fe1s.

Ya definitely! I don't think they realise they're on because they're holding interviews during them too and it's such a blow getting rejections during them

arubamuuu wrote: »
    What did you submit as an example of recent written work? I never applied to Philip Lee because it's been a while since I done any academic writing and didn't know what to use.

I sent a recent report I wrote about domestic abuse during Covid-19 and the Northern Ireland Courts, I also attached an essay I wrote during my third year of undergrad on political philosophy (graduated 2019 from Cambridge with a degree in History and Education if that helps)!

Yeah, just got PFO from Pinsent Masons :/

• Advertisement

Anyone hear anything from Freshfields or Hayes?

Nope!

law987 wrote: »
    Ya definitely! I don't think they realise they're on because they're holding interviews during them too and it's such a blow getting rejections during them

I got in contact with PM regarding the dates of the fe1s and how they clashed with the proposed assessment dates, so they definitely know they are on! I know it isn't their fault that the fe1s were pushed but its affecting my studying.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

I sent a recent report I wrote about domestic abuse during Covid-19 and the Northern Ireland Courts, I also attached an essay I wrote during my third year of undergrad on political philosophy (graduated 2019 from Cambridge with a degree in History and Education if that helps)!

How long was your essay if you don't mind me asking? I read the brochure and it says 500 to 1000 but none of my previous essays are that length.

FE1new wrote: »
    How long was your essay if you don't mind me asking? I read the brochure and it says 500 to 1000 but none of my previous essays are that length.

Not at all! I actually didn't see that on the brochure and sent an essay off that was 2,500 words... I applied and was offered an interview later that evening. I was really impressed with how they conducted the process.

They only offer training contracts to interns, I didn't know this and sent off an application for the training contract. Hope this helps!

Not at all! I actually didn't see that on the brochure and sent an essay off that was 2,500 words... I applied and was offered an interview later that evening. I was really impressed with how they conducted the process.

They only offer training contracts to interns, I didn't know this and sent off an application for the training contract. Hope this helps!

That's amazing thank you! Yes I'll send in one of the same length now :)

FE1new wrote: »
    That's amazing thank you! Yes I'll send in one of the same length now :)

Good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 roofus22

What firms have sent out rejection letters / interview offers?

roofus22 wrote: »
    What firms have sent out rejection letters / interview offers?

Eversheds
    Dillon Eustace
    Byrne Wallace
    Pinsent Masons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭IgoPAP

Are there any firms that still have applications open?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

Eversheds
    Dillon Eustace
    Byrne Wallace
    Pinsent Masons

I haven't heard back from Dillon Eustace or Byrne Wallace..

• Advertisement

holliek wrote: »
    I haven't heard back from Dillon Eustace or Byrne Wallace..

I'm the same too, strange one!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Fe1taker2020

Nothing from Dillon Eustace or ByrneWallace either. I've only heard back from Pinsent Masons and Eversheds Sutherland.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 musicmanual123

Jeremiah25 wrote: »
    I'm the same too, strange one!

Same here! Very odd, and I know for a fact DE are doing second round interviews these week

Same here! Very odd, and I know for a fact DE are doing second round interviews these week

Really? my first round with DE is this week

Maybe we're just straight through to the final stage ;)

Hahaha or maybe the are just ghosting us

Just heard DE is full for 2021 and 2022 so maybe that's a factor? Only have spaces 2023 onwards..

Just heard DE is full for 2021 and 2022 so maybe that's a factor? Only have spaces 2023 onwards..

Did they not say that the applications were for the September 2021 intake on the website?

Maybe I misread it?

Ya the form asked when you want to start, but in my interview there they said we are full until 2023

• Advertisement

Ya the form asked when you want to start, but in my interview there they said we are full until 2023

Ah okay, thanks for the info. Hope the interview went well!

Advertisement