Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Skoda Enyaq

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭McGiver

liamog wrote: »
    Can you share them, the only one I've seen on thread is the 35.5k from Skoda Italy. Based on their pricing it's would put the Enyaq 50 below the ID.3 1st price here which means a rough estimate of 31k. I'd be interested in the same comparison in other markets.
    I have Czech figures if it's of interest to you?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

McGiver wrote: »
    I have Czech figures if it's of interest to you?

Perfect, can you cross ref them with ID.3 1st prices.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Italian price for the Enyaq 60 is 39,450 which put's it half way between a 1st and 1st Plus ID.3.
    Therefore my educated Irish guess is 37k (half way between our 1st and 1st Plus)

liamog wrote:
    Italian price for the Enyaq 60 is 39,450 which put's it half way between a 1st and 1st Plus ID.3. Therefore my educated Irish guess is 37k (half way between our 1st and 1st Plus)
    Is that after grants the 60? Do they even have grants in Italy?

liamog wrote:
    Perfect, can you cross ref them with ID.3 1st prices.
    No Enyaq 50 for CZ market at all - higher speeds (130 motorway to be increased to 140), colder in winter, driving habits, mountainous terrain.

Enyaq 60 - starts at 40,000 EUR, the exchange rate is a bit lower now, so 39,000 would be acceptable, heat pump, upgrade to 11 kW DC, upgrade to 100 kW DC, and I think towbar are all paid extras, roughly 800-1000 quid each

Note: No EV subsidies in CZ but also no VRT equivalent, VAT is 21% currently (wasn't reduced due to Covid)

That could be 35-36k Irish landed, add 100 kW DC and 11 kW AC options to match it to Kona and you're 37-38k. Probably a tad cheaper and much better car for sure, a bit less range but 100 kW DC is nice.

How much is Kona? Does it have a heat pump?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭CoBo55

One more ceist from the uneducated. What’s an ionity charger? I saw a fella trying to plug in his car to one at the Athlone services earlier as the other charge points were occupied. A guy in a leaf was doing some dukes of Hazzard parking to get the cable to reach the snout of the car... The guy at the ionity chargers was looking very puzzled.

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

CoBo55 wrote: »
    One more ceist from the uneducated. What’s an ionity charger? I saw a fella trying to plug in his car to one at the Athlone services earlier as the other charge points were occupied. A guy in a leaf was doing some dukes of Hazzard parking to get the cable to reach the snout of the car... The guy at the ionity chargers was looking very puzzled.

Ionity are a private company backed by a few car manufacturers (vag, Kia, Hyundai) who install very high powered car chargers. They're over twice the cost of esb units, but can deliver 3 times the rate of charge of your car can handle it.

They do not support chademo, ie. Leaf cars. They are CCS connections only

Ionity are a private company backed by a few car manufacturers (vag, Kia, Hyundai) who install very high powered car chargers. They're over twice the cost of esb units, but can deliver 3 times the rate of charge of your car can handle it.

They do not support chademo, ie. Leaf cars. They are CCS connections only

Will the Enyaq have CCS as standard or will it be an optional extra?

Will the Enyaq have CCS as standard or will it be an optional extra?

Standard. As far as I know the leaf is the only electric car being produced with chademo. Oh, Tesla doesn't use ccs either (European model 3 cars do), but everything else is CCS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭markpb

Standard. As far as I know the leaf is the only electric car being produced with chademo. Oh, Tesla doesn't use ccs either (European model 3 cars do), but everything else is CCS

I thought all European Teslas since 2019 come with CCS as standard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

markpb wrote: »
    I thought all European Teslas since 2019 come with CCS as standard?

This is true. I don’t know what the other poster was talking about. It’s hardly relevant what they produce on the US cars... you can even get a CCS adaptor for the older Tesla’s.

OK, so Enyaq configurator is out on the UK Škoda website.

Seems no Enyaq 50 for the UK market either as in case of CZ. I would assume that it won't be available for the Irish market either due to right-hand drive.

https://cc.skoda-auto.com/visualizer/gbr/en-GB/trimline-scenic?activePage=trimlines&color=K4K4&configurationId=&extraEquipments=&id=GBR%3Bskoda%3B2021%3B5AZFF2%3B0%3BGYE2YE2%3Bmda20200331104014%3Ben-GB%3B%3B64001%3B64001&interior=EO&modifiedPages=&snapshotVersion=d2d1e087-7243-4019-bee4-efdf27f8c33e&trimline=5AF%7C606400164001&visitedPages=

Upgrade to 100 kW DC is only 500 Euro, that's good! But quite a few costly options for heat pump, infotainment etc increasing the price.

Interestingly, Enyaq 50 is available on the DE website and starts at €34,420 and as expected there is no option of upgrading to 100 kW DC or 11 kW AC for Enyaq 50, this is available only for Enyaq 60.

Enyaq 60 starts at €39,470 on the DE website.

EDIT: Irish Škoda configurator website says "Prices coming soon". Actually, Austrian, Belgian, Danish, Dutch, Hungarian, French, Norwegian, Irish, Romanian, Portuguese and Polish sites all don't have pricing yet. So far it seems only CZ, UK, IT, DE, CH, FI and SV to have pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭mun1

Top of the range with most of the goodies that i might want tops out at £52k on uk site which would translate to something like €65k here ? Be interesting to see Irish price list for the options .

mun1 wrote: »
    Top of the range with most of the goodies that i might want tops out at £52k on uk site which would translate to something like €65k here ? Be interesting to see Irish price list for the options .

I checked UK vs CZ vs DE option prices and they are very similar.

Someone posted these observations on reddit.
    Enyaq 60 (58kWh net capacity) is priced at £33,450 before plug-in grant of £3,000. The final price will be less than £31,000. In comparison, Kona and Niro 39kWh models also cost ~£30,000 after the grant.

Kona 39kWh has 305 km of WLTP range while Enyaq 60 has 390 km range. Also, Enyaq is a much bigger and spacious vehicle.

Enyaq 80 (77kWh net capacity) is priced at £38,950. With plug-in grant, the price will be ~ £36,000. Kona and Niro 64 kWh also costs the same and has 455 km range compared to Enyaq's 510 km range.

I'm sure some will complain that you have to pay £495 for a reversing camera.

liamog wrote:
    Some of the "extras" are bordering on ridiculous...

Navigation/infotainment package 800 quid, alarm 200 quid, parking sensors 400 quid, proper steering wheel 300 quid etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

Some of the "extras" are bordering on ridiculous...

Navigation/infotainment package 800 quid, alarm 200 quid, parking sensors 400 quid, proper steering wheel 300 quid etc.

Will most extras not be bundled in under the trim name of the vehicle like sportline or something similar? I priced up the spec I wanted to around 53k.

Also how come the 80 version acceleration is only 8.7s? I thought there were faster versions of this.

digiman wrote: »
    Will most extras not be bundled in under the trim name of the vehicle like sportline or something similar? I priced up the spec I wanted to around 53k.

Also how come the 80 version acceleration is only 8.7s? I thought there were faster versions of this.

80 version = bigger battery pack = increased weight = acceleration. In fact isn't it the 80 version (or whatever the top version is) in the id3 which will only take 4 people due to weight limits?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

80 version = bigger battery pack = increased weight = acceleration. In fact isn't it the 80 version (or whatever the top version is) in the id3 which will only take 4 people due to weight limits?

From memory the 80 version has a secondary battery to enable 4wheel drive (or is that the RS version?)

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

Sounds like something you would call a Mongolian donkey. Definate fail there when they chose the name. Yo ladies, want to cruise in my Enyak? Not going to work is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Paddygreen wrote: »
    Sounds like something you would call a Mongolian donkey. Definate fail there when they chose the name. Yo ladies, want to cruise in my Enyak? Not going to work is it?

Yeah definite negative point that you won't be as likely to pick up the ladies for a cruise in your electric Skoda SUV because of....checks notes....the name

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Paddygreen wrote: »

It’s marketed as a family SUV, isn’t it ?

Showed the wife several times yesterday eventually she said it was nice (she is REALLY against the idea of electric vehicles)..... so maybe in 3/4/5yrs, when we can afford it, we might get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

And after dropping >50k, youre still in a Skoda!

Mental

Pkiernan wrote: »
    And after dropping >50k, youre still in a Skoda!

Mental

Seriously? Is that all you can contribute?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Seriously? Is that all you can contribute?

Ah cmon don't feed the troll :rolleyes:

Right, so I've thrown in some options into the DE configurator for the Enyaq 60, roughly matching Kona specs. Calculating the VAT difference, VRT, VRT rebate, SEAI grant etc, I've come to a price of 41.5k in Ireland, that's Kona money. Yep, it's a better car, has RWD, bigger boot, better design, 40% faster DC charging, but has 10% less battery and probably 15-20% less range.

The only USPs imho are the RWD, the design and the towbar option (at 1200 quid extra).

Regardless of spec I'd reckon Enyaq 60at Kona and Niro 39kWh money looks potentially very decent.

Augeo wrote: »
    Regardless of spec I'd reckon Enyaq 60at Kona and Niro 39kWh money looks potentially very decent.

See above, not Kona 39 kWh money. It's Kona 64 kWh money if you compare apples to apples (similar specs)...Enyaq 60 base that doesn't have sat-nav or parking sensors or proper steering wheel!

See above, not Kona 39 kWh money. It's Kona 64 kWh money if you compare apples to apples (similar specs)...Enyaq 60 base that doesn't have sat-nav or parking sensors or proper steering wheel!

Uhh, it has rear parking sensors and a steering wheel?
    The Kona EV also didn't come with sat nav here for a while.

At least with VAG cars you have the option to add things if you want them.

• Advertisement

Uhh, it has rear parking sensors and a steering wheel?
    The Kona EV also didn't come with sat nav here for a while.

At least with VAG cars you have the option to add things if you want them.

Sorry, yeah it does have rear sensors, I've checked now.

Anyway, add some very basic options and the price goes up quickly, and that's before I even go to the more expensive one like HUD, Heat Pump, Assist, Seating, Family, Convenience PLUS packages...

Park BASIC (front, rear sensors and camera) - 580 quid
    Infotainment (basically a sat nav) BASIC - 740 quid
    Climate control BASIC - 460 quid
    Drive BASIC (steering wheel where you can change driving modes and level of regen) - 200 quid - I mean this has to be in an EV :)
    Alarm (really?) - 230 quid

Was sat nav an extra on the Kona, really? :o

TLDR - it's Kona money if you go apples for apples

Advertisement