Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

immersion wiring

Options
  • 02-03-2017 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

Bought a zwave smart home immersion control
    http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1012
    which seemed like a smart idea but
    the zwave is about the size of a normal plug-has three wires in -three wires out. i wired it op for connection to the immersion.
    The immersion has four wires blue/black/brown/earth.
    assuming it can be done, which three meet the zwave and is the extra joined up outside of the zwave?
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Have you removed the bath/sink switch?
    This control should go before the bath /sink switch. It does not replace it

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

Thanks for your reply. I put it between the bath/sink switch and the immersion with the intention of leaving the bath/sink switch permanently on while the zwave controlled the actual flow of power to the immersion. I assume that is not the idea.
    if so i need an electrician.

pjproby wrote:
    Thanks for your reply. I put it between the bath/sink switch and the immersion with the intention of leaving the bath/sink switch permanently on while the zwave controlled the actual flow of power to the immersion. I assume that is not the idea. if so i need an electrician.

The timer comes first. This controls turning the power on and off to bath/sink switch. You leave this switch on then. In my own set-up I leave the switch on bath all the time so I have a full tank of water.
    Only you can decide if you are capable of installing it. The law says that you must be competent. If you are unsure I'd suggest getting an electrician

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

Sleeper12-if I could ask you one last question. See the link showing the current setup
    https://goo.gl/photos/KU5CuYt49uDWQ21L9
    the timer is then connected to the bath/sink switch.
    Are suggesting installing the zwave between the switch on the right in the photo and the timer?

pjproby wrote:
    the timer is then connected to the bath/sink switch. Are suggesting installing the zwave between the switch on the right in the photo and the timer?

The switch on the right is a spur someone took off the immersion. Possibly for a power shower or pump.
    It's looking more complicated. Definitely get a spares if you are unsure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Conversations 3

Old thread but here we go.

Any idea what the brown is coming from the stat on this old immersion?

Will need to be changed as sink is tripping RCD.

https://ibb.co/5MVbk5G

Will need to be changed as sink is tripping RCD.

If you are replacing the immersion then the new one will have its own cable pre wired. You the connect the other end to the sink/bath switch.

You might end up having to replace the cylinder too if things don't go smoothly

Advertisement