Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Refresher study of Irish

• 25-09-2016 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Our son may be going to a Gaelscoil this time next year. We both had a very good level of Irish in school but are out of practice. Are there any books/web tools that you'd recommend to get us back in to it?

Also what would you recommend for our son for him to build up his vocab/conversation etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Cathellen

I found 'Turas Teanga' very useful....a book and c.d. It gets you into ordinary conversational Irish. I listen to it in the car a lot. It's also good to tune into rnag and tnag...the more you do it the more you'll pick up. I also got a Ciorcal Gaelach going...a cup of coffee and chat as Gaeilge.

Advertisement