Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Thanks not showing, and threads hopping back three pages. When you hit the button to go to the last page, it brings you three pages back still.

Yep seeing this happen all the time since yesterday as well. It takes several reload attempts to be able to view the latest post.

My Threads on touch is showing me posts from 10 hours ago as unread. Have to keep reloading the page to get the current posts.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,423 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

It's happening again :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I keep on getting notifications that I have a PM. :)

I think - 'great!' - but when I click on it there is nothing there and the notification goes away only to come back after a short while. :mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Lots of 404s again this morning, threads jumping back in time, repetition of threads when clicking "next page" and users who thanked posts are not being shown.

• Advertisement

Menas wrote: »
    I keep on getting notifications that I have a PM. :)

I think - 'great!' - but when I click on it there is nothing there and the notification goes away only to come back after a short while. :mad:

Same here . I keep getting notifications of new messages and comments on my followed threads ....... I check in ........ nothing !!!!

This was happening all over the weekend too. Also when you want to go onto the next page it just keeps bringing you back to the last !

BOARDS where is your tech support ??? Why is nobody doing anything ??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Hamsters, gerbils. Axolotls! Grrrant, Grrrrage.

I need a breakfast cocktail to make my morning better. What time does the Gin Palace open? Impromptu Beers anyone?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

OldGoat wrote: »
    Impromptu Beers anyone?

I'm in. Name the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    I'm in. Name the place.

I am guessing he will chose 'The Goat' in Goatstown!

http://goatgrill.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

Getting the same email alerts over an over about the same page or post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

jank wrote: »
    ... thanks have disappeared.

Ah here. I've stayed relatively quiet about the issues until now, but this is just not fucking on if this is true.

Facebook likes don't do it for me and CiF recommends on the Guardian are nigh on impossible to get.

I need validation.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Karsini wrote: »
    My Threads on touch is showing me posts from 10 hours ago as unread.

This is happening me on Touch site as well and can't see newer posts, site is OK for me on desktop so far today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

We're on the case folks, I'm afraid I don't even have a preliminary "it might be this..." for you yet.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

OldGoat wrote: »
    Hamsters, gerbils. Axolotls! Grrrant, Grrrrage.

WHAT?? Hamsters, ok. Gerbils, fair enough, they're probably only hired as temps, or are doing an internship.... but axolots, I ask you! Who hired them?? They're not even rodents, what would they know of wheels?? Oh, they're consultants, are they? Well, that explains it, then...
    El Weirdo wrote: »
    Ah here. I've stayed relatively quiet about the issues until now, but this is just not fucking on if this is true.

Facebook likes don't do it for me and CiF recommends on the Guardian are nigh on impossible to get.

I need validation.

:D:D:D Consider yourself validated.

Why does that suddenly sound dirty?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Seems to be ok on my laptop this morning.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Not ok on iPad !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Dav wrote: »
    We're on the case folks, I'm afraid I don't even have a preliminary "it might be this..." for you yet.
    Oh that's one easy; it's in the multiplexer in the back end of the relationship database's complexity matrix in the load balancing unit in the firewall's firmware having a reaction with the server's RAM set up in the second module's third memory bank due to a bug introduced by vbulletin in the latest security patch.

Complex it up enough and all they will say is "And when will you fix it?" :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Still glitchy on touch and full site, not sure what exactly is going on but it isn't coming up to latest posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Dav wrote: »

I suppose we've already looked under /var/log/ for possible disk/filesystem issues? It's sort of like the RDBMS is having trouble keeping things in shape, possibly due to problems with mass-storage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭jprboy

Still having problems.

Getting logged out periodically.

Recent posts disappearing and then reappearing after a refresh or five

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,576 ✭✭✭✭listermint

It still in bits, not as many bits as it was earlier this week. But its certainly in bits. jumping between page selections, never ever going to last read message link.

Not good. Defrag time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

listermint wrote: »
    ...Defrag time ?

Proper, grown-up servers do not "defrag". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Still definitely a database syncing issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Update for you, the cause is still under investigation, but the databases were all re-synced and we're hoping that's sorted the worst of it. Obviously, our pressing concern is to find out what's causing them to go out of sync and fix it.

There was also an issue with Avatars not showing that we've sorted.

I'll keep you posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Oh noes the avatars! :p

Tis unusual for a glitch to be so persistently hard to isolate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

All the problems are back again in full swing. Missing posts, notifications of new posts that are in fact old etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Synode wrote: »
    All the problems are back again in full swing. Missing posts, notifications of new posts that are in fact old etc etc

The same here and I'd like to add that I also can't quote any posts because they're invisible.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

It's like last weekend all over again I'm afraid. I'm posting this from a computer. My previous post seems to have vanished into the ether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

For me its worse than last weekend. Last weekend the site was usable but now its getting so its unusable with posts not showing, pages not showing and false notifications of new posts. Will this post show up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Ya hav ta laugh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement