Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

3d tv

Options
  • 27-05-2011 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭

What do folks this of this machine....good value?

http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/product_specs/5796/LG_42_inch_LED_TV_with_brand_new_CINEMA_3D-technology_and_Div_HD__eperience_the_new_3D/

LG 42 inch LED TV with brand new CINEMA 3D-technology and DivX HD experience the new 3D! « Back

Brand: LG
    Type: LW4500
    LED TV with CINEMA 3D-technology
    Screen Size (inches): 42
    Screen Size (cm): 107
    Energy saving Plus
    ARC (Aspect Ratio Correction): 8 Modi (16:9/Just Scan/Original/Full Wide/4:3/14:9/Zoom/Cinema Zoom)
    AV Modus
    Resolution: 1.920 x 1.080
    Screensize: 16:9
    Input signal: PAL/SECAM/NTSC,HDTV (480p - 1080p @ 24fps, 50fps,30fps,60fps, VGA~SXGA)
    Dynamic Contrast ratio: 7.000.000:1
    Responsetime (ms): 2,6
    TruMotion™ 100Hz provides images without the slightest blur even in fast action scenes
    Just Scan (HDMI/Component: 1080p, 1080i, 720p)
    Supports 1080p/24p
    Intelligent Sensor
    DVB-T EPG
    Input Select
    Parental Control
    OSD Languages: E / D / DK / ES / F / I / GR / DK / NOR / SWE / FIN / P / HUN / PL / RU / CRO / SLO / CZ / SER / BUL / RUS / TR
    SimpLink (HDMI-CEC)
    USB 2.0 MP3 playback
    USB 2.0 JPEG Playback
    USB 2.0 Video Playback
    Clock / Timer / Auto Off
    DivX HD
    Connections side: HDMI, USB 2.0, Headphones, CI+
    Connections back: AV input, PC Audio Input, Digital audio output (optical), 2 HDMI input (Ver 1.4), PC input D-Sub 15pin, Scart input, Control cable (RS-232C), Component YUV
    Two 3D glasses are included!
    Delivery: 4 - 7 business days
    Dimensions: 1005 x 621 x 29.9 (mm), Including stand (fixed) 1005 x 686 x 255 (mm)
    Weight: 13 kg without, 15,9 kg with stand
    Legal warranty: 2 years
    Discuss this Product »

Price: € 719,95

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Zonda999 will be along soon to give you the ins and outs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭positron

Read on avforums that this version doesn't have 'freeview HD' which means it won't be good for soarview. The highter model, LW550, has freeview HD, but that's also more expensive.

Apart from that, great reviews over all from the entire LW Cinema 3D range.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

positron wrote: »
    Read on avforums that this version doesn't have 'freeview HD' which means it won't be good for soarview. The highter model, LW550, has freeview HD, but that's also more expensive.

Apart from that, great reviews over all from the entire LW Cinema 3D range.

Thanks positron was very close to pulling the trigger, forgot about the freeview hd soarview thing.

No wonder the Irish equivalent seem to be the 450u but I guess if your only using sky it seems to be pretty good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭positron

Do doublecheck the list of soarview supporting tvs in their website (I don't have the URL for it now).. but I think the general gist is that is a tv is not offering 'freeview HD' but just 'freeview' that's no good for saorview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

positron wrote: »
    Do doublecheck the list of soarview supporting tvs in their website (I don't have the URL for it now).. but I think the general gist is that is a tv is not offering 'freeview HD' but just 'freeview' that's no good for saorview.
    can you not just but a set top box for saorview?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

can you not just but a set top box for saorview?

Yes but then you're paying an extra €80.

Advertisement