Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

looking for an irish speaker, please!

• 07-01-2009 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi Everybody, :)

My name is Eurielle, I own Irish Wolfhounds and I am looking for a Name for my breeding to propose it to the Central Canin Society.:cool:
    The harder work is done, because I think I found the propositions for the CCS. These names are in Gaelic, they are correctly written but I'm not sure at all of the pronounciation.:P Is there Someone who can help me to pronounce them? :confused:

-Madraí na hÉireann.
    -Mara na hÉireann.
    -Sléibhte na hÉireann.
    -Earraigh na hÉireann.
    -Tíortha na hÉireann.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Joe's fanclub

Madraí na hÉireann.
    -Mara na hÉireann.
    -Sléibhte na hÉireann.
    -Earraigh na hÉireann.
    -Tíortha na hÉireann.

Okay well hEireann is pronounced :-

hairin

Madrai is mahdree
    mara is mahrah
    sleibhte is shlayta
    earraigh is aree
    tiortha is teerha

hope it makes sense................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 EuriellenCirce

thank you so much!!! it helps me a lot!!!
    do you speak Gaelic fluently?

Yes I do! Learning since the age of four, I'd be happy to help you with anything else just shout :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 EuriellenCirce

do everybody learn Gaelic in Ireland? 'cause i know it's the 2nde official language?

No not everyone, there are English speaking schools and Irish speaking schools, in my school there was no English allowed, all subjects were taught through Irish/Gaelic, there are probably more English schools then Irish schools in Ireland though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭An Bradán Feasa

do everybody learn Gaelic in Ireland? 'cause i know it's the 2nde official language?

Gaeilge is the 1st official language actually ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

No not everyone, there are English speaking schools and Irish speaking schools, in my school there was no English allowed, all subjects were taught through Irish/Gaelic, there are probably more English schools then Irish schools in Ireland though

To be fair everyone has do study it, unless of course they're lazy, or dyslexic or even too 'mad' to show up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Cliste wrote: »
    To be fair everyone has do study it, unless of course they're lazy, or dyslexic or even too 'mad' to show up!

I was talking to a boy a few days ago (about 12 yeras old), I asked him if he could speak any Irish, "No, I'm dyslexic" he said "But I learn German".

Advertisement