Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Scam websites [Read before posting..'has anyone used/bought from..'?]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

A friend sent me a link to this earlier today.

http://www.tvshowsboxset.net/the-wire-seasons-15-24-dvd-box-set-p-196.html

Have never heard of the site before. Has anyone bought anything from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

scam%20alert.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Aye, I thought as much but thought I'd post it on the off chance it was legit.

Reckon I'll just order it from Amazon instead. Seems to be the best price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Man , look at their M*A*S*H Box Set ... fake or what ...

3.jpg

Gonna merge with with the existing scam websites thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with CDWOW.ie or elysiandreams.ie?

Danniboo wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with CDWOW.ie or elysiandreams.ie?
    CDWOW.ie are legit, although typically quite slow with despatching orders!

And Elysiandreams.ie certainly looks legit also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

basquille wrote: »
    CDWOW.ie are legit, although typically quite slow with despatching orders!

And Elysiandreams.ie certainly looks legit also.

I thought as much just said i'd double check before handing over my dosh, Kerastase at really cheap prices if any ladies are interested :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Hi all,
    Mate of mine sent me this site: http://www.bizzibargains.com/

Anybody got any experience of these ? It seems to good to be true (and in that case, it usually means it is too good to be true)

(BTW - I did a Bargain Alerts search for "Bizzi" and got no results)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

That site looks so fake it's not even funny...

And just to confirm it's fakeness, after a google, the first word I see is 'South Africa'

nuff said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Try getting in contact with there customer service department.

53926_aktutuquengo_copy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

I know windows 7 is cheap, but $13.50!!! :)

[baldric] So fake its as fake as a faker who's just been appointed Professor of Faking at Oxford University [/baldric]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Cheap software licenses - is this for real?

Hi all,
    Mate of mine sent me this site: http://www.bizzibargains.com/

Anybody got any experience of these ? It seems to good to be true (and in that case, it usually means it is too good to be true)

(BTW - I did a Bargain Alerts search for "Bizzi" and got no results)

That's a rapid share OP.

Gonna merge with the scam websites thread..

And on the topic of software piracy, there's nothing worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

jimoc wrote: »
    I know windows 7 is cheap, but $13.50!!! :)

[baldric] So fake its as fake as a faker who's just been appointed Professor of Faking at Oxford University [/baldric]
    There are some genuine Windows 7 keys being sold on the net for around 20-30 dollars depending on edition. It's a bit grey market though but technically it's perfectly legal and you get a completely genuine edition of windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

With regard to bizzibargains.com, that site is quite obviously not genuine. The domain was registered to a residential address, to a non-existent company, using a hotmail address, in the last month.

In the last hour, the who is records have been updated, and the site is now registered through a secure proxy, so you can no longer tell whom owns it, but it is related to a series of sites owned by Reflect Perfect.

I would conclude that this is a very dodgy practice (a business is not allowed to register through a proxy anyway), and surrealashton is obviously part of it.

Do not buy from that site, and ignore everything he has said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

erant wrote: »
    Not going to get into a whole discussion or anything

Nor am I, surrealashton. Re-regging to once again pimp your scam just proves how untrustworthy Bizbargains.com is. Once again, for the Google searches, Bizbargains.com is a scam, con, fake, not genuine, scam, scam, scam. Bizbargains.com.

I think that should be enough to warn people off your little scam.

This thread just got very untidy this morning!

I've deleted a lot of posts as while they were not particularly unwelcome, they were starting to get a bit heated and a tad off-topic.

If you want any further discussion on the topic, start a new thread in 'Online Buying & Auctions' or 'Consumer Issues'.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Hiya, anyone used sghgate.com? Prices are excellent but cant get much info on them.

Any feedback would be helpful as i have a list from the kids for this site!!!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭jc77

maiden wrote: »
    Hiya, anyone used sghgate.com? Prices are excellent but cant get much info on them.

Their contact email is a hotmail address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭antocann

maiden wrote: »

Any feedback would be helpful as i have a list from the kids for this site!!!

Thanks

there website says that its been ther since 2006 , but its only ther since the middle of 2008
    id prob stay away from this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

does anyone know if this is genuine, they reckon if you join up to a trial of lovefilms.com, they will give you an iphone.
    seems to good to be true, tempting but not sure if its worth the risk..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

does anyone know if this is genuine, they reckon if you join up to a trial of lovefilms.com, they will give you an iphone.
    seems to good to be true, tempting but not sure if its worth the risk..

Try using Web of Trust (WOT) add-on for firefox. It gives an indicator of previous opinions of whatever site you are looking at.

In relation to http://www.gadgetsfree4u.co.uk/, see the WOT scorecard. http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/gadgetsfree4u.co.uk. I would steer clear.

Also, bear in mind that WOT is only as reliable as the people who enter the ratings. For example, http://xboxliveuk76.com/ gets a good rating on WOT, but it's described as a scam site here. So it's not foolproof.

Using WOT, you can eliminate many untrustworthy sites from your google search results. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3456

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭4davis7

[HTML]www.chinavasion.com[/HTML] would you say this is trust worthy??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

4davis7 wrote: »
    [HTML]www.chinavasion.com[/HTML] would you say this is trust worthy??

Good and bad apparently

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/184537

TBH, people dont realize how long it (can) take to ship from china and always blame the company.

Your getting it much cheaper, shut up and wait!

Buy something small and wait 2 business weeks to test it

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Hiya, just to let ye know i went ahead and ordered from sghgate.com. I ordered 3 nike tn trainers and they arrived! 4 weeks for delivery (on the slow boat) but got them and i am delighted!!! Thanks for all your replies!

Tallon wrote: »
    Good and bad apparently

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/184537

TBH, people dont realize how long it (can) take to ship from china and always blame the company.

Your getting it much cheaper, shut up and wait!

Buy something small and wait 2 business weeks to test it

went ahead and ordered a cheap gadget off www.chinavaision.com and got it about 3 weeks later and it works perfectly so thanks anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

"simon", in wexford (ireland) doesn't think so-

http://www.facebook.com/pages/RunnerRevolutioncom/254442950359#!/pages/RunnerRevolutioncom/254442950359?v=app_7146470109

wouldn't touch them with a forty foot barge pole now meself with a question like this on their FAQ, that's Frequently Asked Questions. So it happens frequently then?
    My runners never arrived, what do I do? In accordance with local postal regulations we ask that you wait 28 days before reporting the order as missing to one of our friendly customer service representatives. We track all our packages and should one go missing we gladly reissue you with a new pair immediatley at no extra charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

4davis7 wrote: »

They at least managed to spell things correctly, however there's no real person details available anywhere on their website so I'd steer clear unless they have something you absolutely cant find elsewhere.

Advertisement