Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Why is the Weather forum listed in Sci ?..

• 30-10-2004 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

I was looking for the Weather forum today, and was about to give up, when I found it hidden away in Sci ?.. surely weather deserves a more prominent listing!, or am I missing something :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,235 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Because meteorology is a science?

It also fattens out Sci a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Victor,

Yes,I understand meterology is a science, but to your average Joe Public like myself. The Weather is the weather, being so politically correct makes it difficult to find, which certainly is of no help to the forum or those looking for it ?... ;)

• Funnily enough Paddy, traffic has increased since the move to Science.
    I was of the same opinion as yourself and then the move happened after the reorganisation of Boards.

Earthman wrote:
    Funnily enough Paddy, traffic has increased since the move to Science.
    I was of the same opinion as yourself and then the move happened after the reorganisation of Boards.

Very strange that Imho, but as they say ; " There's nowt like folk "
    ;) .

In most media, they refer to the subject as The Weather report or WeatherNews .

Still if the forum is now receiving more traffic since it has been hidden away at the bottom of the Sci list . Then why fix it if it's not broken :)

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

apologies for being off topic......but when i was doing my undergrad in Geography...i found the atmospheric/weather systems courses a bitch due to the physics of it all....Who thought those lovely white fluffy things and adiabatic process could be mentioned in the same sentence ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Paddy might I make a suggestion

Why don't you subscribe to the forum. You can dothis by clicking on the Forum tools.

Then when you want to see your subscribed forum, go the the subbed drop down menu at the top of each boards.ie page. If there is a new message a little * will appear beside the forum name.

just a thought hope this helps

Billy the squid,

Good idea, done and thanks :)

Now, why did I not think of that, probably because I'm senile, Eh ?....

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

RuggieBear wrote:
    apologies for being off topic......but when i was doing my undergrad in Geography...i found the atmospheric/weather systems courses a bitch due to the physics of it all....Who thought those lovely white fluffy things and adiabatic process could be mentioned in the same sentence ;)

Briefly outline the differences between Climate and Weather, supporting your answer with reference to blah blah...

Advertisement