Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Month Xbox Live Membership €2

• 26-05-2011 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

Just saw this on the dashboard when I turned on my xbox this morning. €2 for 2 months of Xbox Live Gold Membership. Not sure who its available to - I did not have membership at the time so its probably just for people that only have silver membership.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭VonLuck

jameshayes wrote: »
    lol

Did I miss something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

VonLuck wrote: »
    Did I miss something?

cheers for the bargain alert, but It's not much good to the majority if we are unsure on how to obtain - if it just appears in the dashboard those eligible will be notified

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Is that a recurring payment off a credit card?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭VonLuck

CMpunked wrote: »
    Is that a recurring payment off a credit card?

I'm not sure. I think there is an option to cancel auto-renew membership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

My sub is up on the 4th of June so hopefully it is still around then. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Unfortunately the only way to cancel the auto renew which automatically turns on when you purchase live with a credit / debit card, is to ring them up and do it verbally. Last time I checked.

For some reason xbox removed Ireland from the list of countries that can turn it off on the xbox website and there is no option to turn it off via the console itself. So ringing them EVERY time you buy membership is what you need to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭gojony

As a precaution and in-case you forget to ring Xbox you could change a couple of digits on your Credit Card details on the Xbox website! Then you know you wont get charged!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭deadduck

gojony wrote: »
    As a precaution and in-case you forget to ring Xbox you could change a couple of digits on your Credit Card details on the Xbox website! Then you know you wont get charged!

Does this work? I don't see why it wouldn't, but seems a bit too handy!

Update: Just tried it, you can't change the number, but you can change the expiry date. Think i'll just ring them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

If it doesn't appear on your dashboard, phone them and tell them you want the offer and they'll do it over the phone for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement