Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Met Eireann going metric

• 11-01-2005 7:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭

Perhaps this has been mentioned elsewhere, but
    Just heard on Morning Ireland, that sometime next week that they're going to adopt Km/hr for windspeeds. Going to get very high windspeeds so. :D

160 gusts possible today ;)

Obviously we've been metric as regards temperature and rainfall for quite some time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Dale

I hope they don't do that for england, im enjoying having MPH as i understnad that, my mom use's 'F' instead of 'C' in temperatures, which also gets on my nerves. See i was brought up with MPH and 'C', so I'd like it all to stay that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Aaaah, but when the wind comes in to one of these new 50 km/ph zones, will it have to slow down too? :)

Danno wrote:
    Aaaah, but when the wind comes in to one of these new 50 km/ph zones, will it have to slow down too? :)
    Speed Cameras :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Would the cameras be able to see the wind?

Danno wrote:
    Would the cameras be able to see the wind?
    Debris? If a piece of paper or a rug or something got picked up and blew infront of the camera, im sure it would pick that up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement