Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,059 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

dubstarr wrote: »
    No because Tom is a decent actor but he went the way of blockbusters.
    jimgoose wrote: »
    I find him oddly entertaining in things like Oblivion and Edge of Tomorrow. And of course, the incredible Les Grossman. :pac:

i'm a bit of a fan of the cruiser myself. He is a lovely runner. I do get a bit of a bang of beard off his wives though and I get similar with Smith.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,428 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I’d like to hear from RabbleRouser2k before I make a “call” on Cruise.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

i'm a bit of a fan of the cruiser myself. He is a lovely runner. I do get a bit of a bang of beard off his wives though and I get similar with Smith.

Theres no space left up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I’d like to hear from RabbleRouser2k before I make a “call” on Cruise.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,171 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

:D:D:D...

:pac::pac::pac: MacFarlane sailed close to the wind with that one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Cal4567 wrote: »
    Hector. Can never understand this drifting off into Irish, then back to English, oh wait on, he's back as gailge again. All rat a tat delivery, like a machine gun. I just turn off.

Yahow Yahow Yahow

Hector hee-orr hearing you loud and clee-orr ridin' the fillies over dey-orr.

Begorrah be jaysis paddy whackery says i to you dey-orr.

Maith an buachaill sez she.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

Larbre34 wrote: »
    The best thing to do with Laura Whitmore and anyone like her is ignore them. The less relevance they have to employers and advertisers, the sooner they fade away.

She's about to host Love Island so doubt the spotlight's going to fade any time soon. She seems to be universally disliked by the general public, a real "I dunno what it is but I can't take to her" type, and yet pushed into all sorts of high profile entertainment TV gigs in the industry. A bit of a head scratcher.

bitofabind wrote: »
    She's about to host Love Island so doubt the spotlight's going to fade any time soon. She seems to be universally disliked by the general public, a real "I dunno what it is but I can't take to her" type, and yet pushed into all sorts of high profile entertainment TV gigs in the industry. A bit of a head scratcher.

Even if they wanted to fire her from Love Island, they'd face a hard fight-her new husband (and father of her kid) is also the long-time narrator on the show.

I agree-whatever it is about her, she doesn't connect. Has all the warmth of an ice-cube tray. Everything she says or does feels fake and put on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Maya Rudolph.

Never came across her before Bridesmaids, I think she's a poor actress, always seems to be smirking or about to break character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Universally disliked? Maybe odd pockets & rabid Sun readers....but definitely nothing more than that I'm afraid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

She has no empathy and doesn't really care about other people.

People watching can sense that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

cms88 wrote: »
    Paul Treyvaud the ''celebratory chef''. In the media at the moment about reopening etc But is so full of **** it's unreal. Another who i would put into the ''Answer to a question no asked''

His reply to anyone who dares to give a bad review tells you enough about him.

Hes on the telly now.

What a colossal bellend.

Universally disliked? Maybe odd pockets & rabid Sun readers....but definitely nothing more than that I'm afraid

Read up on the whole Niamh Walsh thing. She colossally messed up with that.

You had high profile papers such as the Washington Post coming to Walsh's defense.

Whit-less knows that the media can make or break you. The more you aggravate them, the more you're gonna be Public Enemy No 1.
    Even the IRish media are being less and less kind to her, nowadays.
    And she studied Journalism (which is all the more baffling that she tries to attack the media). She knows how fickle media can be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Read up on the whole Niamh Walsh thing. She colossally messed up with that.

You had high profile papers such as the Washington Post coming to Walsh's defense.

Whit-less knows that the media can make or break you. The more you aggravate them, the more you're gonna be Public Enemy No 1.
    Even the IRish media are being less and less kind to her, nowadays.
    And she studied Journalism (which is all the more baffling that she tries to attack the media). She knows how fickle media can be.

I'm aware of her recent media dealings...it doesn't change the fact that she is not universally disliked.
    As long as the general public still adore her, then that's all that matters to her employers...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭cms88

THe reason she's getting such high profile jobs is simple. She's female and will start shouting from the roof tops is she doesn't get her way claiming it's sexit etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭cms88

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Hes on the telly now.

What a colossal bellend.

He's gone to another level lately. When the Restaurant Association don;t want anything to do with ''The Plan'' that says a lot.

As ever anyone who dares have a different option to him is discredited.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭Be right back

But she is great at multi-tasking!

But she is great at multi-tasking!

Just reading that tweet...my complete reaction.

tenor.gif?itemid=13712192

Does... does she know that there are gold medal olympians who were born with only one arm?

The Woke folk will come after her and say that tweet is able-ist, or something.

Just reading that tweet...my complete reaction.

tenor.gif?itemid=13712192

Does... does she know that there are gold medal olympians who were born with only one arm?

The Woke folk will come after her and say that tweet is able-ist, or something.

I wouldn't recommend reading the comments on that tweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

I'm aware of her recent media dealings...it doesn't change the fact that she is not universally disliked.
    As long as the general public still adore her, then that's all that matters to her employers...

Where's the evidence that the general public adore her?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 SarfiKhan

I see a number of journalists mentioned online that Laura Whitmores agent was onto them this week asking to promote her latest fashion range.

The very same media channels she was lambasting!

What an utter hypocrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

razorblunt wrote: »
    Maya Rudolph.

Never came across her before Bridesmaids, I think she's a poor actress, always seems to be smirking or about to break character.

Excellent in Idiocracy and The Good Place.

Chrissy Teigan. Lots of stuff coming out about her so not inexplicable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭John arse

marty morrissey,that voice of his and he seems to have delusions of his own self-importance?ps where does he get the jackets?,anyway i have to mute him whenever he's on!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Chrissy Teigan. Lots of stuff coming out about her so not inexplicable.

finally the tide has turned on her....she's always been a mean nasty weapon on twitter but you get the woke brigade defending her as she sprouts the "approved" world view and say "she's telling like it is"...no she's constantly bullying people on it, a teen was probably as low as she got

finally the tide has turned on her....she's always been a mean nasty weapon on twitter but you get the woke brigade defending her as she sprouts the "approved" world view and say "she's telling like it is"...no she's constantly bullying people on it, a teen was probably as low as she got

She posted really strange, creepy things not only about bullying. Not going to post any of her tweets here.

Oh she sank lower-she picked on a 9 year old. A 9 yr old Oscar nominee, to be precise.

Glad to see company's are cutting ties with her. Also, she's seriously wrecked herself with surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Oh she sank lower-she picked on a 9 year old. A 9 yr old Oscar nominee, to be precise.

Glad to see company's are cutting ties with her. Also, she's seriously wrecked herself with surgery.

Who was the 9 year old? I felt so sorry for her and John when they lost their baby. I only started following her on Twitter in the last few years I think but wasn't aware of this behaviour from her. She's not a random nobody so I don't get why she thinks it's ok to tweet stuff like what she said about Lindsay Lohan and Courtney Stodden.

KKkitty wrote: »
    Who was the 9 year old? I felt so sorry for her and John when they lost their baby. I only started following her on Twitter in the last few years I think but wasn't aware of this behaviour from her. She's not a random nobody so I don't get why she thinks it's ok to tweet stuff like what she said about Lindsay Lohan and Courtney Stodden.

Quvenzhane Wallis. I think she was nominated for Beasts of the Southern Wild, and then Tiegan took a shot at her and called her cocky.

The woman's just nasty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭bewareofthedog

Richard Sadlier on the RTÉ footy panel. His voice and mannerisms just rub me the wrong way. Duff ain't far off him.

Soft of off topic, towards the end of the old panel when Bill was moving on to the next point or an ad or interview, some sort of break in the discussion, Johnny Giles would ALWAYS cut him off and try to keep the old point going. Love Giles but you could tell Bill was going mad with his carry on right before he was shifted off the panel. Rip Billo

Advertisement